2020 Porsche Boxster 718 Spyder

2020 Porsche Boxster 718 Spyder
    3625 miles
    Miami Blue/Black
    4.0 liter flat six
    414HP/309TQ
    0-60: 4.0 seconds
    Top Speed: 187MPH

Client just picked this up recently for his wife. Getting some correction and protection. Paint was in decent shape, typical swirls, some etching from sap/bird droppings, and water spots.
    Paint was on the medium side.

The ‘details’:

Gary Dean shampoo.
    Adam’s Tire and Rubber.
    Adam’s wheel cleaner.
    McKee’s37 Iron remover.
    Adam’s rinse and coat.
    Master Blaster to dry.
    Flex 3401.
    Flex ‘pixie’.
    Scangrip lighting.
    Griot’s Fast Correcting Cream.
    Griot’s Perfecting Cream.
    Optimum Panel wipe.
    Adam’s ceramic coating.
    Metro Vacuum.
    McKee’s37 quick interior detailer.
    CarPro PERL tire dressing.
    Scholl Concepts Ice cleaner gel glass cleaner/water spot remover. (thanks Guz!!!)

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Porsche Boxster 718 Spyder

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes dgage, GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sizzle Chest:
    I have a few questions on the products you used:
    1) How much of that Gerry Dean`s shampoo do you have!? Either it`s a lot OR you use very little for your bucket washes. Must clean pretty good or you would not keep using it on all these Porsches you detail.
    2) SOOOO, how does Scholl Concepts ICE glass cleaner compare to the new CarPro Claify you recently reviewed?? (Yes, thanks generous Guz; you da man!)

Now to the 718 Spyder:
    1) Does this client wash his/now her`s Boxster himself OR are the swirls the result of dealer-installed swirls OR from automated tunnel car washes (or a combination of all of the above)?
    2) When you say the paint is "medium", is this referring to the hardness of this particular Porsche color/clear coat or something else?

Equipment question:
    Do you prefer the Flex Pixie over the Rupe`s Ibrid for small, confined-area correction/polishing OR are they two mutually exclusive and distinct tools that have their "niche" for their application and use?

LOVE the Miami Blue color with the black top. Another vehicle that looks like it belongs at your home in the pics in your driveway.
    Excellent detailing workmanship on this beautiful Porsche Boxster. Thanks for posting!!

By the way, is the weather getting a "little warmer" down their in south Florida and forcing you inside your "climate-controlled" garage?? Snow is ALMOST gone from the ground here in Green Bay WI and it will be 53°F today!! (Please do not laugh. That`s shorts-&-T-shirt wearing weather in March for the "Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field". Well, for kids anyway! The Lake Michigan-sourced municipal water is about 43°F from the faucet, so I still wear rubber gloves when washing vehicles outside)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie I know I`m not Sizzle, but I`ve used both glass cleaners. A note though, I haven`t used ICE in a few years. Ran out and I wanted to try a few others. I live in So Cal and even in the summer heat it didn`t flash fast, also cleaned very well and had little to no streaks in the sun. And while not an actual gel it is a good deal thicker than any other glass cleaner I`ve used. Worked great doing the inside windows without product falling on the dash board. I know real detailers spray some on a towel to do the inside to prevent this, but I sprayed directly on the windows to test it and it clung well. I`m very curious how Sizzle liked it, because Guz said he didn`t like it. And both of those guys are many levels above me. Clarify cleans good and no streaks in the So Cal sun, so it`ll always be a recommendation in my book. Also it`s available at a bunch of places, where only one spot in the US carries ICE.

Also a little goes a long way with both, I`m a big fan of Clarify, especially with the CarPro GlassFiber towels. I`m currently out of glass cleaner but will be waiting to see what Sizzle replies to you before I reorder lol.
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good, great color too!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Sizzle Chest:
    I have a few questions on the products you used:
    1) How much of that Gerry Dean`s shampoo do you have!? Either it`s a lot OR you use very little for your bucket washes. Must clean pretty good or you would not keep using it on all these Porsches you detail. I have/had 2 gallons of it. Picked it up on a super sale he had a ways back. It does the job.
    2) SOOOO, how does Scholl Concepts ICE glass cleaner compare to the new CarPro Claify you recently reviewed?? (Yes, thanks generous Guz; you da man!) THANKS GUZ!!! I will do a review of it when I get some time. I liked it, but I like Clarify better. I agree that it seems to have much more lubricity than the Ice. It worked well, but I like Clarify...better! I actually love it.

Now to the 718 Spyder:
    1) Does this client wash his/now her`s Boxster himself OR are the swirls the result of dealer-installed swirls OR from automated tunnel car washes (or a combination of all of the above)? All the above. Mainly dealer washes-they have a `free` wash day.
    2) When you say the paint is "medium", is this referring to the hardness of this particular Porsche color/clear coat or something else? Yes, I was speaking of the `hardness` of the paint.

Equipment question:
    Do you prefer the Flex Pixie over the Rupe`s Ibrid for small, confined-area correction/polishing OR are they two mutually exclusive and distinct tools that have their "niche" for their application and use? I prefer both and use both on most vehicles that call for these types of machines. They are very different from each other. Both do certain things better than the other.

LOVE the Miami Blue color with the black top. Another vehicle that looks like it belongs at your home in the pics in your driveway.
    Excellent detailing workmanship on this beautiful Porsche Boxster. Thanks for posting!! Thank you!

By the way, is the weather getting a "little warmer" down their in south Florida and forcing you inside your "climate-controlled" garage?? Snow is ALMOST gone from the ground here in Green Bay WI and it will be 53°F today!! (Please do not laugh. That`s shorts-&-T-shirt wearing weather in March for the "Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field". Well, for kids anyway! The Lake Michigan-sourced municipal water is about 43°F from the faucet, so I still wear rubber gloves when washing vehicles outside) It`s starting to get warmer. We are still (thank goodness!) having cold fronts move thru every week/every other week so that is great! However, I can feel summer just around the corner, we`ve already been in the mid-80`s already. Nice! That`s been around our low with these fronts, and is very nice, albeit a bit chilly for us down here! LOL

Thanks for the responses everyone!!!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes Lonnie, grungy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sizzle Nice work enjoy the the read through when you post

Post Thanks / Like