Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Toyota Tacoma with Beasley`s Z1 and more

This finishes up my ~1200 mile Christmas "vacation" tour back home in my own garage...

Washed with rupes soap (forgot the name)
    Beasleys total decon
    Nanoskin red sponge

Tried multiple water spot removers and nothing worked.

Hood was the worst so I did urofiber blk/wht pad with z1

Rest of truck was z1 and hdo blue
    Either via duetto or mini

Got about 75% of the spots this way...the rest were too far etched

Paint/glass Topped with sps detail spray

Trim was restored with PA black bond

Glass polished with beasleys z1 as well

Turned out a lot better than before. 84k on the odometer and is a new to client vehicle. Happy to provide him with a proper looking truck. Also happy to hear he is not going to continue to use the auto wash membership sticker post detail. I even gave him some of my gently used towels and mitts to ensure he is properly equipped. I mean it`s still 2020 so I can buy more and not break my 2021 pledge to not order random things. Toyota Tacoma with Beasley`s Z1 and moreToyota Tacoma with Beasley`s Z1 and more

On with the pics...

Thanks for viewing

Questions, comments and critiques are welcomed, as always.

-Brandt K.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes dgage, GearHead_1, Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toyota Tacoma with Beasley`s Z1 and more

Super red now! Well done!!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes 512detail liked this post
    Thanks 512detail thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Super red now! Well done!!
    Thanks Scott. This one was a special project for sure. I can`t wait until the owner realizes what he recieved. Toyota Tacoma with Beasley`s Z1 and more

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

512 detail:
    Is the water spotting from the water at the tunnel car washes this client uses, OR from the chemicals used at the car wash, OR from the fact he probably does not dry the truck completely after using such a car wash??

How does Dr. Beasely`s Z1 compare to other One-Step products you have used? I also see you`ve used their decon product.
    How many of their products in their line do you have and are they comparable to Polish Angel`s or are they just an "alternative" car-care product line??

How does Polish Angel`s Black Bond compare to Solution Finishes for restoring plastic/vinyl trim??
    (Oh, ya, Captain Obvious questions)

Nice detailing workmanship on the Toyota Tacoma.

I have got to chuckle a little to myself when I saw the pic of that bare tree reflected in the hood of this truck. Merlin has his pics of Florida palm trees reflecting in the hoods of vehicles he has detailed. Mike lambert has pics of his Maryland deciduous trees in his hoods. So are these "Texas 512detail Shots"? .
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    512 detail:
    Is the water spotting from the water at the tunnel car washes this client uses, OR from the chemicals used at the car wash, OR from the fact he probably does not dry the truck completely after using such a car wash??

How does Dr. Beasely`s Z1 compare to other One-Step products you have used? I also see you`ve used their decon product.
    How many of their products in their line do you have and are they comparable to Polish Angel`s or are they just an "alternative" car-care product line??

How does Polish Angel`s Black Bond compare to Solution Finishes for restoring plastic/vinyl trim??
    (Oh, ya, Captain Obvious questions)

Nice detailing workmanship on the Toyota Tacoma.

I have got to chuckle a little to myself when I saw the pic of that bare tree reflected in the hood of this truck. Merlin has his pics of Florida palm trees reflecting in the hoods of vehicles he has detailed. Mike lambert has pics of his Maryland deciduous trees in his hoods. So are these "Texas 512detail Shots"? .
    This is a new to coworker truck and he said the water spots were there when he got it a few months ago.

Beasleys z1 is pretty awesome. It can be a little finicky to wipe off, but that may be because I used too much or too little. I find it works fantastic on glass, that is really what i am keeping it for personally but I`m testing its durability on one panel on my vehicle.

I have several of beasleys products and will probably be buying more. I have their matte decon, total decon (just ordered 2 more bottles, i love this stuff) and I have their nsp 45 as well, and plan to pick up the 95 today on the sale (thanks Autopia for giving me another sale before I have to try and not overpurchase next year).

I have never tried SF but black bond has been a go to for me and its taken 2 years to use half of the 100ml bottle so it really spreads far.

Thanks.

I can`t contend with Merlin and Mikes work but I guess my neighbors tree is my Tx Merlin, although I have always wanted to put a palm tree in my yard.. Maybe one day.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to high- jack this thread
    but since Lonnie asked about the black bond and the SF- just thought I would share my personal exp ( which will probably be different than many)
    I have used Black Bond , SF , & DLux, and for me the clear winner is the Dlux-- on top of the SF ( after a 10 day-two week wait and a washing). I have had poor results with all three of them stand alone- but inquired here on the forum to a couple of highly respected detailers who do it professionally, and they suggested Dlux over SF, And i have to tell you I think thats a winning combo- at least for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by re-tired View Post
    Not trying to high- jack this thread
    but since Lonnie asked about the black bond and the SF- just thought I would share my personal exp ( which will probably be different than many)
    I have used Black Bond , SF , & DLux, and for me the clear winner is the Dlux-- on top of the SF ( after a 10 day-two week wait and a washing). I have had poor results with all three of them stand alone- but inquired here on the forum to a couple of highly respected detailers who do it professionally, and they suggested Dlux over SF, And i have to tell you I think thats a winning combo- at least for me.
    I`ve heard of that combo as well and not sure why I have never tried it. Based on that wait I couldn`t exactly do it for a clients vehicle.
    I really liked dlux but I used the rest of my bottle up this summer when I bought an electric lawnmower and coated it. It`s holding up pretty nicely on my garage queen lawnmower that I`ve only used twice since purchased.

I need to grab a bottle of SF one of these days but I still have an unopened bottle of Poorboys Trim Coating and one that is almost empty in my fridge.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a HUGE fan of SF- i think its a "OK" product. My issues with it are two fold
    1) Its down right messy- a very watery liquid- I like a bit of a heavier / thicker product
    2) it just doesn`t have the longevity of the Dlux- and not that the Dlux lasts a long time- cause for the $ it should last longer than it does

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a HUGE fan of SF- i think its a "OK" product. My issues with it are two fold
    1) Its down right messy- a very watery liquid- I like a bit of a heavier / thicker product
    2) it just doesn`t have the longevity of the Dlux- and not that the Dlux lasts a long time- cause for the $ it should last longer than it does
    One thing to keep in mind is topping SF with a trim coating has a negative effect. That being the ceramic material has filled in the pores of the plastic which does not allow the SF to penetrate. Chris West has stated this a few times. SF is still one of the best, if not the best trim restorer to restore faded trim. No need to use it if the trim is kept protected every so often.

Also A trim coating will lose it luster about a year or so down the road and will also need some touch up.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

SF lasts about 3 weeks on my vehicles before a noticeable decline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is topping SF with a trim coating has a negative effect. That being the ceramic material has filled in the pores of the plastic which does not allow the SF to penetrate. .
    How can that be if the SF is "being topped" ? The SF went on first

Post Thanks / Like

SF lasts about 3 weeks on my vehicles before a noticeable decline
    Seems like there is something wrong here. What type of prep did you do? Trim absorbs product differently and some areas may need more than one coat.

How can that be if the SF is "being topped" ? The SF went on first
    Unfortunately it is not set it and forget it when it comes to trim regardless if it has a coating. It still needs upkeep. You misunderstood what I meant. Solution Finish is now locked out that you have a ceramic coating on top of it. The ceramic material has filled in those pores which keeps the solution finish from penetrating into the plastic pores. Solution Finish will not last long and it won`t give an even appearance. I agree with Chris. I have done the FP topped with DLUX and it faded with time and it did not look right SF reapplied. The only thin that looked ok was more DLUX. I no longer use SF topped with DLUX or any trim coating on personal cars.

Even DLUX fades and needs to be reapplied within a year. Same for Gyeon Trim.

Good video on Solution Finish and what was mentioned.

Likes dgage, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I no longer use SF topped with DLUX or any trim coating on personal cars.
    You’ve left off crucial information sir!

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like there is something wrong here. What type of prep did you do? Trim absorbs product differently and some areas may need more than one coat.

Unfortunately it is not set it and forget it when it comes to trim regardless if it has a coating. It still needs upkeep. You misunderstood what I meant. Solution Finish is now locked out that you have a ceramic coating on top of it. The ceramic material has filled in those pores which keeps the solution finish from penetrating into the plastic pores. Solution Finish will not last long and it won`t give an even appearance. I agree with Chris. I have done the FP topped with DLUX and it faded with time and it did not look right SF reapplied. The only thin that looked ok was more DLUX. I no longer use SF topped with DLUX or any trim coating on personal cars.

Even DLUX fades and needs to be reapplied within a year. Same for Gyeon Trim.

Good video on Solution Finish and what was mentioned.

OK
    So you use SF on your trim?/ Yes / no?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    You’ve left off crucial information sir!
    I posted why in that post.

OK
    So you use SF on your trim?/ Yes / no?
    As I mentioned I have used SF + DLUX and and the trim I used it on no longer accepts SF. The only thing that works is more DLUX which I reapply once a year. I have switched to using something like Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant over SF if I need SF. My trim is in good shape at the moment where I don`t need to use SF.
    Thanks dgage thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information