Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2020 Mopars in Review Part V : Jazz Blue RT lathered in Cosmic Spritz coating system

Another returning client. This year we enlisted the help of Polish Angel Spraycoat System. If you have their primer post November 10 2019 (I believe) it has the necessary activators for this system.

Maybe a bottle showed up at my door?
    So I had to test it.

Standard proper wash and decon

One step with TLC on hdo blue pad and one serious conversation with the owner (who hung out for the duration of the job) about how in the heck this paint got so bad in a literal year post last detail. Sometimes you just have to have the talk, right?

Prepped with PA primer spritz and topped with 2 layers of PA Cosmic Spritz

PA engine on lower trim (my easy and simple solution)

Thanks for viewing.

-Brandt K.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Merlin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Mopars in Review Part V : Jazz Blue RT lathered in Cosmic Spritz coating system

The car looks great! I absolutely love using PolishAngel Cosmic Spritz and I`m planning on trying Primer Spritz next spring.

Also, what is your opinion or experience with PolishAngel Glasscoat Shampoo?
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Mopars in Review Part V : Jazz Blue RT lathered in Cosmic Spritz coating system

And another one! Flake is popping now, car looks great!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fskof View Post
    The car looks great! I absolutely love using PolishAngel Cosmic Spritz and I`m planning on trying Primer Spritz next spring.

Thanks.

I reviewed it a few years ago...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    And another one! Flake is popping now, car looks great!
    Thank you. This sure helped the flake pop. I one stepped and covered this in Cancoat a year and a half prior and I like this look a lot more personally.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fskof View Post
    I developed an unfortunate addiction to the Glasscoat Shampoo late last Summer. It`s a relatively impractical shampoo w regards to cost...but I don`t much care 2020 Mopars in Review Part V : Jazz Blue RT lathered in Cosmic Spritz coating system

Like most PA stuff the user experience and aesthetic results are top-shelf, to the point that I sometimes skip the post-wash application of one of the Spritzes 2020 Mopars in Review Part V : Jazz Blue RT lathered in Cosmic Spritz coating system

I use it on the `fun cars` in the garage; wifes black C7 which is completely wrapped in STECK PPF + Kamikaze Film Surface Coat, maintained this past Summer w PA High Gloss Spritz and my Cayman which was coated with Kami Miyabi + Zipang + PA High Gloss Paste Wax, maintained last Summer w PA High Gloss Spritz.

The Glasscoat Shampoo was a nice addition to those combos, usually using about 50ml in a 5 gallon bucket. It seems to like a concentrated stream of water to completely mix in a bucket to get a good mixing result.

It`s fun so I`ll keep using it come next Summer on those 2 cars although hopefully the Cayman will also be completely wrapped in PPF by Spring.

Sure, it is relatively expensive but that`s something ya gotta accept with PA and for me, the user experience and results are worth it for me & YMMV. I just wish I could place the scent...not offensive and vaguely familiar but can`t quite put my finger on it 2020 Mopars in Review Part V : Jazz Blue RT lathered in Cosmic Spritz coating system

Some pics from the last time i used it right before tucking the fun cars in for the Winter:
    Likes 512detail, Merlin liked this post
    Thanks 512detail thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I developed an unfortunate addiction to the Glasscoat Shampoo late last Summer. It`s a relatively impractical shampoo w regards to cost...but I don`t much care 2020 Mopars in Review Part V : Jazz Blue RT lathered in Cosmic Spritz coating system

Like most PA stuff the user experience and aesthetic results are top-shelf, to the point that I sometimes skip the post-wash application of one of the Spritzes 2020 Mopars in Review Part V : Jazz Blue RT lathered in Cosmic Spritz coating system

I use it on the `fun cars` in the garage; wifes black C7 which is completely wrapped in STECK PPF + Kamikaze Film Surface Coat, maintained this past Summer w PA High Gloss Spritz and my Cayman which was coated with Kami Miyabi + Zipang + PA High Gloss Paste Wax, maintained last Summer w PA High Gloss Spritz.

The Glasscoat Shampoo was a nice addition to those combos, usually using about 50ml in a 5 gallon bucket. It seems to like a concentrated stream of water to completely mix in a bucket to get a good mixing result.

It`s fun so I`ll keep using it come next Summer on those 2 cars although hopefully the Cayman will also be completely wrapped in PPF by Spring.

Sure, it is relatively expensive but that`s something ya gotta accept with PA and for me, the user experience and results are worth it for me & YMMV. I just wish I could place the scent...not offensive and vaguely familiar but can`t quite put my finger on it 2020 Mopars in Review Part V : Jazz Blue RT lathered in Cosmic Spritz coating system

Some pics from the last time i used it right before tucking the fun cars in for the Winter:
    I`m not sure why but I`ve only used glasscoat and aqua shampoo twice each. Flake as a rw just seems to always win out for me. I`m finally close to the bottom of my 500ml. Good thing there is a sale!

Brandt K.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Will be placing an order

Post Thanks / Like

Great results there Brandt. Sadly Primer turned out to be one of my more expensive detailing mistakes... it`s a dud product, so much so that I emailed PA to complain, they sent me out another bottle which I had equally bad results with. The claim of a year plus durability is an absolute myth.. in my experience it actually made Cosmic fail sooner!!!

To Fskof above... do not bother wasting your money. I love PA but Primer Spritz is borderline unfit for purpose and as you may be able to tell I feel slightly aggrieved having spent a small fortune on it..

Really annoying as it`s spoilt a year long love affair with the brand... it`s planted a seed of doubt which began to fester in the Autumn and made me try other brands. Having done so, and tried many more LSPs I`ve also realised that Cosmic Spritz leaves a grabby finish (the more I think about it, the more it looks, feels and smells like rebottled BSD!) it has next to no durability as a topper and no chemical resistance to anything on the alkaline scale on a standalone basis.. want to prewash your car, be prepared to re-apply..

Being a joy to use, extremely hydrophobic and glossy remain it`s party pieces but I`ll probably stick to the slicker, equally hydrophobic and far cheaper Carnauba Arts Spray Waxes or Rapidwaxx on an ongoing basis.

Suspect this will be an unpopular opinion... I`ve thought plenty about it but as always YMMV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    Great results there Brandt. Sadly Primer turned out to be one of my more expensive detailing mistakes... it`s a dud product, so much so that I emailed PA to complain, they sent me out another bottle which I had equally bad results with. The claim of a year plus durability is an absolute myth.. in my experience it actually made Cosmic fail sooner!!!

To Fskof above... do not bother wasting your money. I love PA but Primer Spritz is borderline unfit for purpose and as you may be able to tell I feel slightly aggrieved having spent a small fortune on it..

Really annoying as it`s spoilt a year long love affair with the brand... it`s planted a seed of doubt which began to fester in the Autumn and made me try other brands. Having done so, and tried many more LSPs I`ve also realised that Cosmic Spritz leaves a grabby finish (the more I think about it, the more it looks, feels and smells like rebottled BSD!) it has next to no durability as a topper and no chemical resistance to anything on the alkaline scale on a standalone basis.. want to prewash your car, be prepared to re-apply..

Being a joy to use, extremely hydrophobic and glossy remain it`s party pieces but I`ll probably stick to the slicker, equally hydrophobic and far cheaper Carnauba Arts Spray Waxes or Rapidwaxx on an ongoing basis.

Suspect this will be an unpopular opinion... I`ve thought plenty about it but as always YMMV
    Sad to hear. I am always applying to use up 500ml bottle so durability not a concern. Have you tried their primer polish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly am yet to hear a positive word said about the Primer Spritz... believe Budget may have had a similar experience. As a huge PA advocate I`ve tried to give it a by-ball.. was it that the first bottle was faulty or froze in transit, was it the pH 9/10 pre-washes used on the first car I applied it to, was the application temperature high enough... but two recent attempts on customer cars (which I maintain) have been the final straw.

I have no idea if the Primer Polish would be any better, the principle is amazing, execution less so. CarPro Essence or Gyeon Primer do work well enough to prevent me from taking a chance on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your negative experience.

I`ve been through at least two 100mls of primer spritz throughout the years since it came out.

I assume the one you recieved was made after november 2019? I believe that is when the new formula came out to enact the `spritz coating system.` If it wasn`t then we found your problem.

I have only used one 100ml since then. I mainly use it prior to cosmic v2 as I prefer PAs final polish and I have never had a client have any issues.

After reading this last night I reached out to the owner of this vehicle and he said it is still very slick and beads water off nicely.

As far as the primer polish I have only used a few 50mls of it and that was years ago. I did use it as a compound and a finishing polish on the first black hellcat I ever did and it worked quite well IMO.

My favorite PA products still are Flake and Gold Zirkon.

And just to not be a fanboy, I`m on record here disliking both of their sprayduster products. I find them to be very grabby and they are collecting dust on my shelf but those are the only issues I`ve ever had with any if their products.

Perhaps I just don`t know any better? 2020 Mopars in Review Part V : Jazz Blue RT lathered in Cosmic Spritz coating system

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post

I`ve been through at least two 100mls of primer spritz throughout the years since it came out.

I assume the one you recieved was made after november 2019? I believe that is when the new formula came out to enact the `spritz coating system.` If it wasn`t then we found your problem.

I have only used one 100ml since then. I mainly use it prior to cosmic v2 as I prefer PAs final polish and I have never had a client have any issues.

After reading this last night I reached out to the owner of this vehicle and he said it is still very slick and beads water off nicely.

As far as the primer polish I have only used a few 50mls of it and that was years ago. I did use it as a compound and a finishing polish on the first black hellcat I ever did and it worked quite well IMO.

And just to not be a fanboy, I`m on record here disliking both of their sprayduster products. I find them to be very grabby and they are collecting dust on my shelf but those are the only issues I`ve ever had with any if their products.

Perhaps I just don`t know any better? 2020 Mopars in Review Part V : Jazz Blue RT lathered in Cosmic Spritz coating system

Yeah bottle 1 was in April 2020 and the next was May as it was the `glasscoat` system I specifically wanted. Both bottles received direct from PA and made just days before.

Always value your opinion when it comes to PA using the line as extensively as you do, however I have given it try after try. Altered technique, conditions and even maintenance regime and it is just ineffective at extending the life of Cosmic Spritz, as I mention Cosmic seems to fail earlier in many cases. I`ve no way of disproving whether it has hardeners within.

I would have loved this to work and i`d be very interested to hear of any experience where it pushes Cosmic past the 3 month mark (which for me is the maximum I`ve ever got or seen from it.. think Acura`s testing on here confirmed similar) without any form of topping. As soon as anyone re-tops with Cosmic or another topper, a QD, drying aid or LSP-shampoo it compromises the ability to determine the durability of the base product in my book - not suggesting that is what`s happened here! Cosmic V2 is a different product with better standalone durability and perhaps Primer Spritz is a different beast when topped with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly am yet to hear a positive word said about the Primer Spritz... believe Budget may have had a similar experience.
    Yeah, that was kinda an odd experience for me as well. The Primer under the Spritz seemed to actually be a step backwards. 2020 Mopars in Review Part V : Jazz Blue RT lathered in Cosmic Spritz coating system

Maybe something to give a try again on something next Summer if bored; hate to give up on anything Polish Angel but initial go with the Primer was a bummer. 2020 Mopars in Review Part V : Jazz Blue RT lathered in Cosmic Spritz coating system

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post

Gold zirkon on all paint or just metallics? Also just one choice on black coated car.... Wulfenite, high gloss, zirkon?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Gold zirkon on all paint or just metallics? Also just one choice on black coated car.... Wulfenite, high gloss, zirkon?

I`m real stingy with my gold zirkon. I`m on my 2nd 500ml and I`ve only put it on one car other than mine (that I can remember).

One choice for PA on a black car, non metallic would be wulfenite. If metallic, zirkon all day.

Brandt K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information