Thread: 2018 Macan GTS

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Macan GTS

2018 Porsche Macan GTS
    Volcano Grey/Black interior
    30,717 miles
    3.0L V6, 360HP
    0-60: 4.4 sec/167mph top speed
    This is one of my client’s daily driver. He wanted to look as good as his GT3. Paint had water spots, some swirling and a few heavier scratches. Overall, not terrible for sitting outside 24/7.

While I had the wheels off, he wanted me to install some wheel spacers and tinted side markers. MUCH better look now!

The ‘details’:

2BW w/Gary Dean shampoo.
    Mckee’s37 Iron remover.
    Clayed with medium mitt.
    Adam’s wheels cleaner.
    Adam’s tire and rubber cleaner.
    Master Blaster to dry.
    DeFelsko PTG.
    Scangrip lighting.
    Flex 3401.
    Flex Pixie.
    Rupes iBrid.
    Meguiars M110
    Meguiars M210
    Optimum paint prep.
    22ple Mistico Elemento Forte.
    22ple VM1.
    Adam’s glass cleaner.
    Blackfire tire gel.
    Metro vacuum.
    McKee’s37 Fast interior detailer.

Thanks for looking!

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Macan GTS

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes GearHead_1, BudgetPlan1, RMD, bobfic, mc2hill and 1 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Al always, this looks Awesome Scott !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Truly outstanding!

Post Thanks / Like

OK Sizzle Chest:
    I had to look closely at both the wheel spaces and the tinted side markers. The side makers were a little harder to discern, until I realized that those yellow/amber markers above the the front wheel on the fender were "gone" and now the Macan side profile looks like a continuous flow of paint color without the former safety-inspired yellow rectangular markers interrupting that perspective. Very nice touch!
    Not so sure about the wheel spaces, other than the sightly wider stance. I also assume now the outer edges of the tire stick out at the bottom of both front and rear fender wells. Not sure if that will pose a "problem" of road debris getting kicked-up on those areas.

It sometimes boggles my mind how you Floridians have such a "problem" with water spots, but that is the type of water you have there and use it extensively for your irrigation of lawns and landscaping that is an integral part of Florida residences and businesses. Up here in Northeast Wisconsin we have the "problem" of summer-time tree sap and bugs and winter-time de-cing salt and binder residue, so I guess it is a trade-off no matter where you live.

Excellent detailing work on the Mecan. Two things on this detail jump out at me:
    1) You are using the Garry Dean`s shampoo. Either you are using it up because spent the money to try it out and now have it and/or you really like it because it seems to be present in your list of products on many of your recent details posted.
    2) You used Megs new M110 compound and M210 polish on this detail. Just trying these out as an experiment?? What are your thoughts on this correcting/polishing duo? How do they compare to Griot`s Garage BOSS compound and polish that seems to be the "standard" for many of your details?
    I ask because:
    1) I AM Captain Obvious, the man of a thousand questions (or as my other half says, "You embarrass me ALL the time. You`ve got to be the nosiest person in the world!!" Hey, "Inquiring minds want to know." I say "Inquiring", she says "Nosy"; you decide!)
    2) I am sure other Autopians want to know what your highly valued and respected comments and opinions are about this correcting/polishing duo. Finding a good compound and polish that "works" and is reasonably affordable (IE,a good value) is a highly-debatable and sought-after subject within this forum.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Truly outstanding!
    Thanks Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    OK Sizzle Chest:
    I had to look closely at both the wheel spaces and the tinted side markers. The side makers were a little harder to discern, until I realized that those yellow/amber markers above the the front wheel on the fender were "gone" and now the Macan side profile looks like a continuous flow of paint color without the former safety-inspired yellow rectangular markers interrupting that perspective. Very nice touch! Yes, a very nice subtle change that does indeed help the flow of the vehicle!
    Not so sure about the wheel spaces, other than the sightly wider stance. I also assume now the outer edges of the tire stick out at the bottom of both front and rear fender wells. Not sure if that will pose a "problem" of road debris getting kicked-up on those areas. Yep, they will kick up a bit more debris, but they look great and allegedly help the handling characteristics with the wider stance.

It sometimes boggles my mind how you Floridians have such a "problem" with water spots, but that is the type of water you have there and use it extensively for your irrigation of lawns and landscaping that is an integral part of Florida residences and businesses. Up here in Northeast Wisconsin we have the "problem" of summer-time tree sap and bugs and winter-time de-cing salt and binder residue, so I guess it is a trade-off no matter where you live. I agree with this: No matter where you are, there is something `regional` that is an issue.

Excellent detailing work on the Mecan. Two things on this detail jump out at me:
    1) You are using the Garry Dean`s shampoo. Either you are using it up because spent the money to try it out and now have it and/or you really like it because it seems to be present in your list of products on many of your recent details posted. I like it and had a gallon of it.
    2) You used Megs new M110 compound and M210 polish on this detail. Just trying these out as an experiment?? What are your thoughts on this correcting/polishing duo? How do they compare to Griot`s Garage BOSS compound and polish that seems to be the "standard" for many of your details? Yep, I believe Merlin had them listed on a few of his jobs, and I decided I wanted to try them out. They are a dynamic duo! Not as user friendly as the Griot`s duo/trifecta, but very close. I may need to dial in my usage-I was getting some `balling` of the product and the work time was shorter than the Griots. But overall, both excellent products. They can be a heavy hitting duo for some correction!
    I ask because:
    1) I AM Captain Obvious, the man of a thousand questions (or as my other half says, "You embarrass me ALL the time. You`ve got to be the nosiest person in the world!!" Hey, "Inquiring minds want to know." I say "Inquiring", she says "Nosy"; you decide!)
    2) I am sure other Autopians want to know what your highly valued and respected comments and opinions are about this correcting/polishing duo. Finding a good compound and polish that "works" and is reasonably affordable (IE,a good value) is a highly-debatable and sought-after subject within this forum.
    See above in red...
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sizzle does it again! Nice work Scott.

Also, glad to see you`re still using the 3401 Still my favorite

Post Thanks / Like

^^Thanks! Yep, it`s probably my fav as well...
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    ^^Thanks! Yep, it`s probably my fav as well...
    haha... For Christmas, I will be modding mine a bit. Yup. It`s going to be re-greased with graphene infused grease. JK. But the mods should be coming.

Post Thanks / Like

^^LOL! OH cool, I will be anxiously awaiting to see what you do!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    haha... For Christmas, I will be modding mine a bit. Yup. It`s going to be re-greased with graphene infused grease. JK. But the mods should be coming.
    At first I though "A graphene-infused grease? When did that happen?!" Then I saw the JK (Just Kidding). OK, I am a sucker.
    SO, what grease are you going to use? And what "mods" are being made to your 3401?

Sizzle Chest:
    Have you made any "mods" to your Flex 3401 and if so, what are they?

For a thread discussion on greases to use in buffing machines please see:
    Grease for polisher
    https://www.autopia.org/forums/machi...ghlight=grease
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. Mine are stock except for one with a 6" and one with a 5" plate.
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    At first I though "A graphene-infused grease? When did that happen?!" Then I saw the JK (Just Kidding). OK, I am a sucker.
    SO, what grease are you going to use? And what "mods" are being made to your 3401?
    Haha. Not a sucker, Lonnie. With the various products coming out with graphene, detailers, coatings, tire dressings, etc., it wouldn`t be far fetched.

I`ll be using the same grease I used on that first thread you linked. The Lucas Red and Tacky.
    Maybe just in my head, but after using it on my PC, it felt smoother and quieter.

The 3401 will receive some cosmetic mods. Once I open it up, I`ll see if I can do other things. I AM trying to find a way to make a smaller grip for it. It`s just a tad too big for my hands. I find myself gripping it closer to the cord

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Just Jesus:
    I would think a new thread showing these "Cosmetic" modifications to your Flex 3401 might be in order.

As far as a smaller grip, I assume it is the design of the housing at the rear where you grip it in the rear near the cord is what you are trying to figure out to make it "smaller". That would require some reverse-engineering starting with exact physical dimensions of its current shape design, a 3-D parametric dimension modeling with an advanced CAD program, and a re-design with your "smaller" dimensions to fit your grip, and then a 3-D printer in durable plastic to manufacture the housing pieces from that 3-D CAD modelling, and then re-assembly to see how it works. Well, that is the reverse-engineering concept. Too bad some enterprising manufacturing development engineer with access to 3-D printer would`t do that and offer it as an upgrade to a Flex 3401 (Thinking of Rasky1). Kind of like after-market aerodynamic carbon fiber body spoilers or wing pieces for performance cars.
    GB detailer
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information