Post Thanks / Like

2020 Artic White Corvette Stingray-Gtechniq Ceramic Coatings

A new 2020 Corvette Stingray in beautiful Artic White in for ceramic coatings and a New Car Prep Service. This Corvette only had under 200 miles and was amazing free of paint contamination from the dealer. A real pleasure to work on.

Products Used:

Turtle Wax Max Power Car Wash
    Meguiars Clay
    McKees37 Iron Remover
    Meguiars Wheel Cleaner
    Sonax Perfect Finish
    Gtechniq CSL
    Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour
    Gtechniq C2V3
    Blackfire Interior Cleaner
    McKees37 Leather Shampoo
    303 Aerospace
    Meguiars Hyperdressing
    Rupes Ibrid
    Griots G9

Walkaround Vid
    https://youtu.be/gVliAJyvqQ4
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Artic White Corvette Stingray-Gtechniq Ceramic Coatings

Pats300zx:
    When I saw Turtle Wax Max Power Car Wash as one of the products in this list, my jaw dropped. I thought, "A professional detailer using a Turtle Wax product on a new Corvette? Sacrilegious!" I am a hypocrite! I use this VERY product myself for most of my car washes after learning about it in this forum. I mix it with Meg`s Detailer Line Hyper Wash D110 to add some cleaning power to it. How much I use depends on how dirty the vehicle I wash is. If it is REAL dirty, then I add a little more (No, I do NOT use the label-suggested amounts for washing; I "eye-ball" it) I like the Hyper Wash as it adds some lubrication and foam that the TTMPCW does not have. Just my two-cents worth....

I do have a question on the Corvette; What do YOU think of this design?? I know it is impossible to evaluate its driving characteristics from just moving it in-and-out of your shop/garage for detailing purpose, but you do get a feel for the interior layout.
    Personally, this is the way the Corvette should have been designed MANY years back. Now it looks more "Lamborghini/Ferrari" super-car-like. It really eschews the old, "traditional" Corvette silhouette and bring this car into the 21st century. The mid-engine layout cannot but help in the driving and handling department. Not sure of the build-quality as it IS a GM product, which has its corporate mass-production parts and manufacturing "standards" to adhere to for determining its Manufacturer`s Suggested Retail Price (AKA Sticker-Price). Still a nice car. Just not sure if it will be accepted by former Corvette owners OR if it is moving into a completely different market to appeal to the younger car buyer as an affordable super-car, which I think is smart for Chevrolet and GM to do. Nor am I sure if and when I will "embrace" the now-in-development electric motor model. Guess I will be the equivalent of the horse-and-buggy person (IE, Gasoline Internal-Combustion Engine holdout) in a horseless-carriage (IE, Electric Motor) era.
    (Back then it was; "HATE those loud horseless carriage engines scaring my horses all the time!" Soon it will be, " HATE those EVs beating my ICE-powered car at the Stop Light drags and not having to pay the UN/EU mandated Global Warming Pollution Tax)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! Nice work. And damn, Chevy did justice to the all new Corvette!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Pats300zx:
    When I saw Turtle Wax Max Power Car Wash as one of the products in this list, my jaw dropped. I thought, "A professional detailer using a Turtle Wax product on a new Corvette? Sacrilegious!" I am a hypocrite! I use this VERY product myself for most of my car washes after learning about it in this forum. I mix it with Meg`s Detailer Line Hyper Wash D110 to add some cleaning power to it. How much I use depends on how dirty the vehicle I wash is. If it is REAL dirty, then I add a little more (No, I do NOT use the label-suggested amounts for washing; I "eye-ball" it) I like the Hyper Wash as it adds some lubrication and foam that the TTMPCW does not have. Just my two-cents worth....

I do have a question on the Corvette; What do YOU think of this design?? I know it is impossible to evaluate its driving characteristics from just moving it in-and-out of your shop/garage for detailing purpose, but you do get a feel for the interior layout.
    Personally, this is the way the Corvette should have been designed MANY years back. Now it looks more "Lamborghini/Ferrari" super-car-like. It really eschews the old, "traditional" Corvette silhouette and bring this car into the 21st century. The mid-engine layout cannot but help in the driving and handling department. Not sure of the build-quality as it IS a GM product, which has its corporate mass-production parts and manufacturing "standards" to adhere to for determining its Manufacturer`s Suggested Retail Price (AKA Sticker-Price). Still a nice car. Just not sure if it will be accepted by former Corvette owners OR if it is moving into a completely different market to appeal to the younger car buyer as an affordable super-car, which I think is smart for Chevrolet and GM to do. Nor am I sure if and when I will "embrace" the now-in-development electric motor model. Guess I will be the equivalent of the horse-and-buggy person (IE, Gasoline Internal-Combustion Engine holdout) in a horseless-carriage (IE, Electric Motor) era.
    (Back then it was; "HATE those loud horseless carriage engines scaring my horses all the time!" Soon it will be, " HATE those EVs beating my ICE-powered car at the Stop Light drags and not having to pay the UN/EU mandated Global Warming Pollution Tax)
    Well it certainly was not the most easy car to polish. The curves and angles were plenty. The interior design was pretty nice but getting in and out was a PITA and I am 5-11. I guess you could say that about just about any mid engined super car !!! lol
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done, looks great!!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT work!

It looks awesome!

AMiracleDetailing.com
    YouTube - Facebook - Instagram
    Likes Pats300zx liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great Pat! I don’t see too many yet but was privileged to see the first date on the East Coast at Kerbeck. I dont think there’s more than. 2 sq’ area of flat if that

Thread Information