Post Thanks / Like

2011 Porsche Carrera GTS

This a detail of a 2011 Porsche Carrera GTS that I recently completed and coated. The detail took place over a two day period and included a one step correction prior to the coating. The paint was in pretty bad shape from repeated automatic car washes.

The owner actually received the car as a gift from his current wife when they were dating. He said he would not marry her until she bought him a Porsche. I guess she wasn`t messing around. He received the keys to the Carrera GTS one night from the valet when they went out to dinner...Cool story..

Products Used:

Purple Power strip wash
    Blackfire clay mitt
    Rupes 21
    Griots G9
    BS Uro Fiber 50/50 pads
    3D One
    Mckees37 Leather Shampoo
    303 Aerospace Protectorant
    Meguiars Hyperdressing
    Meguiars Ultimate Wheel Cleaner
    Blackfire Iron Remover
    Carpro Erasur
    Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light
    Gtechniq C2V3

Be sure to watch in HD

https://youtu.be/vJbbsoss17w
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2011 Porsche Carrera GTS

Pat.
    How do you like Griots G9. I want to get one. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bull6791 View Post
    Pat.
    How do you like Griots G9. I want to get one. Thanks
    Love it...I find myself using it more than my Rupes 21.

Post Thanks / Like

Pats300zx:
    Thanks for posting your detailing of this Porsche 911. A very "interesting " story how this person became the owner, to say the least. I did see from the pics of the interior that it does have the PDK dual-clutch automatic transmission (PDK is an acronym for Porsche Doppel Kupplungs getriebe (strictly, Porsche-Doppelkupplungsgetriebe) which I assume is the ONLY transmission offered in that particular model. (Hummmm.... SHE bought a high-performance 911 with an automatic transmission ONLY... seems like there is more than just getting "the man she wanted". Best of both worlds....just saying)

As I told Autopian All-Star, Sizzle Chest, about his posting of pic of Porsche`s he details, "The best cars in the world get detailed by the best detailers in the world" and that would also hold true in this case.

Also like your comment on the new Griot`s G9 polisher. Are you using the 6" backing plate it came with or have you "updated" it to the 5" backing plate??
    Thanks for posting the particular pad manufacturer and type you are using.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Pats300zx:
    Thanks for posting your detailing of this Porsche 911. A very "interesting " story how this person became the owner, to say the least. I did see from the pics of the interior that it does have the PDK dual-clutch automatic transmission (PDK is an acronym for Porsche Doppel Kupplungs getriebe (strictly, Porsche-Doppelkupplungsgetriebe) which I assume is the ONLY transmission offered in that particular model. (Hummmm.... SHE bought a high-performance 911 with an automatic transmission ONLY... seems like there is more than just getting "the man she wanted". Best of both worlds....just saying)

As I told Autopian All-Star, Sizzle Chest, about his posting of pic of Porsche`s he details, "The best cars in the world get detailed by the best detailers in the world" and that would also hold true in this case.

Also like your comment on the new Griot`s G9 polisher. Are you using the 6" backing plate it came with or have you "updated" it to the 5" backing plate??
    Thanks for posting the particular pad manufacturer and type you are using.
    Thanks for the kind words much appreciated. As a Porsche owner like Sizzle Chest (we have the same car and color lol) we love working on P-cars ...

Yes I switched to the 5 inch BP. I prefer 5.5 inch pads as I feel they are easier to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Thanks for the kind words much appreciated. As a Porsche owner like Sizzle Chest (we have the same car and color lol) we love working on P-cars ...

Yes I switched to the 5 inch BP. I prefer 5.5 inch pads as I feel they are easier to use.
    WHAT, Pats300zx, is this a pure coincidence or is Sizzle Chest your long-lost, Porsche-loving, expert-detailing, twin brother separated at birth (or more likely an "All-Porsche Car Show" both of you were attending and you lost track of each other)? No comment on the similarity in looks until I see your reflection in a photo of a mirror-like exterior black paint of a vehicle you have exquisitely detailed, like I have seen of the "folically-challenged" Sizzle Chest!!

Thanks for the info on the 5" backing plate "conversion/changeout" of your G9 polisher. I keep asking this question because it seems that more detailers like the 6" backing plate it comes with, BUT there are those who have switched to the 5" plate for better control or just because the size is easier to manipulate on body panel curves OR they already have an extensive inventory (and investment) of 5" or 5-1/2" pads in their detailing arsenal. I am hoping that Griot`s Garage would offer the 5" backing plate as an buyer`s choice option, but I guess opening the box it comes in and changing out the 6" plate is too much of a packaging and handling inconvenience. I do see they offer a separate 5" plate and 4-pad "conversion" kit, which is good. https://www.autopia-carcare.com/grio...l#.X1pvaBBKj3g
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Pat.
    When I buy my G9. I am also going to get the 5” backing plate. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Pat, very well done!!! Looks great, my Porsche owning and loving brother! Love the story too!

This thread had me cracking up...thanks to Lonnie!!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Pats300zx liked this post

Thread Information