Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2019 Dodge RAM 1500 / Metallic Black - A Miracle Detailing - CQuartz Professional

2019 Dodge RAM 1500 / Metallic Black - A Miracle Detailing - CQuartz Professional

Lighting:
    Multiple ScanGrip MultiMatch 3

Machines:
    Rupes 21 with a RUPES 5" Backing Plate and IBrid Nano long neck.

Correction:
    Rupes Blue Coarse Foam Pad - 5" Dia.
    Scholl Concepts Shock 2 Cut Extreme Compound

Polishing:
    Carpro Gloss pad - 5" Dia.
    Meguiar`s M210 Ultra Pro Finishing Polish

Last Step Products:
    Cquartz Professional ceramic coating on paint and wheels
    CQuartz Dlux Wheel and Trim Coating on trim
    CarPro Clarify Glass Cleaner on windows (My new favorite)

360 walk-around video - Please click bottom Gear for Quality 1080p w/audio [Check out vid]

Thanks for Looking!

Any questions please feel free to ask.
    Please post any feedback in a reply.
    Question/Feedback is truly appreciated.

PLEASE subscribe to my social media channels!

AMiracleDetailing.com
    YouTube - Facebook - Instagram
    Likes kevk, Stokdgs, Loach, tom p., Scrapyard liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 Dodge RAM 1500 / Metallic Black - A Miracle Detailing - CQuartz Professional

That`s one big rolling mirror my friend!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 Dodge RAM 1500 / Metallic Black - A Miracle Detailing - CQuartz Professional

That one is so shiny I can see myself in it.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone notice the PPE gear in the vid?

I learned a while ago when doing a vid...white shirt with white car...black shirt with black car...

Yes, I have a black mask and I should have worn it. Now the white mask is in the vid for eternity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    That`s one big rolling mirror my friend!
    Thank you Scott. That is very kind.
    Yes, lots of time and lots of real estate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    That one is so shiny I can see myself in it.
    The metallic popped when it was finished!

Thank you that is very kind.

Post Thanks / Like

Merlin:
    What was the surface condition like of this newer Ram truck when you started?

How does the Scholl Concepts Shock 2 Extreme Cut Compound (SCS2ECC.. phewww!!) compare to other compounds you have used?
    I am not familiar with the Scholl line of car-care products, but I think they are more noted for their foam pads.

AND, on a similar note about pads and polishes, how do you decide on what pads and compounds/polishes combos to use on certain paints or their defects to correct??
    (Questions, questions, always the questions Captain Obvious... Hey, ask Sizzle Chest about me and my questions...wait, that`s another question... never mind!!)

And it seems that in the last pic with the tail gate, that your hair is so long from not being able to go to the barber that your hair resembles ram`s horns, at least from your reflection in the tail gate. (But you are one of the Greatest Of All Time detailers, AKA G.O.A.T.)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Merlin:
    What was the surface condition like of this newer Ram truck when you started?
    It had some Dealership Installed Swirl Marks (DISO) and some installed by the owner washing.
    It also had a a "foggy" finish. (Very dull) This changed to a brilliant shine when it was polished.

How does the Scholl Concepts Shock 2 Extreme Cut Compound (SCS2ECC.. phewww!!) compare to other compounds you have used?
    I am not familiar with the Scholl line of car-care products, but I think they are more noted for their foam pads.
    My two favorite polishes for Scholl`s are S2 Shock Cut (correction) and S30+ (Finishing)
    They work very well. Little to no dusting. They easily wipe off and they leave a sweet finish.

AND, on a similar note about pads and polishes, how do you decide on what pads and compounds/polishes combos to use on certain paints or their defects to correct??
    (Questions, questions, always the questions Captain Obvious... Hey, ask Sizzle Chest about me and my questions...wait, that`s another question... never mind!!)
    This one is simple...In the words of Mike Phillips "Always use the least aggressive method to get the job done."
    To me, this means find a test spot area use a light pad and polish and increment up until you find what "this" particular paint likes.
    Every paint is different! I don`t care if it`s the same make, model, and color made one week apart. I`ve found they are all different.

And it seems that in the last pic with the tailgate, that your hair is so long from not being able to go to the barber that your hair resembles ram`s horns, at least from your reflection in the tailgate. (But you are one of the Greatest Of All Time detailers, AKA G.O.A.T.)
    Yes, it has been a while since I`ve gotten a haircut. I actually shaved off my beard and I`ve grown it back while living in a bubble.

Thank you for your kind words!
    They are truly appreciated.

AMiracleDetailing.com
    Likes Lonnie, Stokdgs, Scrapyard liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post

Yes, it has been a while since I`ve gotten a haircut. I actually shaved off my beard and I`ve grown it back while living in a bubble.
    Hopefully, the barbershops will open soon...before I start looking like this.

AMiracleDetailing.com
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Merlin:
    I did not expect you to post a pic of yourself after "the hair looking like ram horns" comment about your reflection. It was because the rather rotund Ram Head Insignia on the truck`s tailgate took the place of your head with the reflection for your standing body in the pic you took of the tailgate, hence the hair comment. Captain Obvious trying to explain something that wasn`t Captain Obvious?? And the Greatest Of All Time detailer (AKA G.O.A.T.) inference to the Ram Insignia as well. (Goat-Ram.... never mind...).

I do appreciate the Mike Phillips comment about picking out a polish and pad combo. It is one of the reasons professional detailers have 4 or 5 different manufacturer`s polishes and compounds and foam/microfiber/wool pads for the many types of paint surfaces and defects that need correcting and perfecting. However, being able to find that "perfect" combo can be a real trial-and-error and time-consuming process and one reason professional detailers with their experience and skill can "find" that combo that works for them on a particular vehicle. As legendary NYC Yankees baseball manager Yogi Berra used to say, "It ain`t bragging if ya can do it!"

AND, your ubiquitous and signature "Merlin Shot" of the Florida palm (or some tropical) tree reflecting in the hood of every detailed vehicle you post is just that: a trade mark and reflection of your detailing excellence.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Merlin:
    I did not expect you to post a pic of yourself after "the hair looking like ram horns" comment about your reflection. It was because the rather rotund Ram Head Insignia on the truck`s tailgate took the place of your head with the reflection for your standing body in the pic you took of the tailgate, hence the hair comment. Captain Obvious trying to explain something that wasn`t Captain Obvious?? And the Greatest Of All Time detailer (AKA G.O.A.T.) inference to the Ram Insignia as well. (Goat-Ram.... never mind...).
    Yes, I knew what you meant (GRIN).

...but I couldn`t resist the pic from "The Magicians". BTW - Did you spot the PPE in the video?

Thank you again for your very kind words.

AMiracleDetailing.com
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful job as always! I just got my first Scangrip last week....one of the best investments I`ve ever made!
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Street5927 View Post
    Beautiful job as always! I just got my first Scangrip last week....one of the best investments I`ve ever made!
    Which one did you get?

Post Thanks / Like

Merlin:
    Do you wear PPE out in public?? I do, and that is few and far between going out (grocery shopping). I was wearing a 3M N95 mask I had from years back while putting in fiberglass insulation, but I got such dirty looks from everyone, insinuating that these masks should be given to the medical personnel who have to make due with ONE mask throughout the day.
    Now I wear a "regular" mask like those given to patients in a doctor`s office.
    (Edited by Original Poster due to sensitive issues about pandemic that should not be posted in a detailing forum)
    GB detailer

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Merlin, Ron would love this one from you.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!
    Likes GearHead_1, Stokdgs liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information