Post Thanks / Like

First full detailing of the year.

Finally got the camaro completely detailed. Nothing big and special in it. The only thing that would be considered more special. Would be the undercarriage detailing. That was done in steps over the winter. Cleaned and coated parts as i had them taken apart. I had the complete rear subframe out of it. So it got detailed to a much better standard this year.

The paint still has the gloss shop v2 coating. The new wheels also. Really no decontamination to do. One it hasn`t seen any rain in a couple of years. Two, it only had just under 800 miles put on it last year. Just washed with hyper wash.

I used the gloss shop sio2 topper on it. The turtle wax acrylic coating on the tires. The 303 is still going strong on the soft top. So just a quick mild wash on that.

I really like this photo shoot from today. Everything here is still pretty brown yet. It really makes the yellow a great focal point.

A bonus shot, pikes peak is still heavily snow covered.

Making someone else happy, is one of the best feelings.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First full detailing of the year.

So far today, that first photo is the most majestic thing that I have seen.
    Thanks Coleroad thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

coleroad- Looking great...but what *really* got my attention was..
    I had the complete rear subframe out of it....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    coleroad- Looking great...but what *really* got my attention was..

dropped it to put poly subframe bushings in. Plus you gotta drop the drivers side down to change the toe rod on that side. I changed the dampers, springs, toe rods, trailing arms, sway bar.

parts of the car are clean that nobody will see. Feels good know i could put some protection on those pieces though.

When I didn`t see you yesterday. I was hoping you were just busy and not sick.

Post Thanks / Like

Coleroad- I`d wondered whether anybody would notice my absence yesterday Sun-up/sun-down work with the woodchipper, trying to work around the weather as best I can.

parts of the car are clean that nobody will see. Feels good know i could put some protection on those pieces though...
    Hey, you`re starting to sound like Yours Truly! OK...I`m guessing Energy Suspension for the bushings, but whose other stuff did you use? Gee, I haven`t played with an F-body since, uhm...probably before you were born!..so I bet the Best Stuff for them has changed since then.

Post Thanks / Like

So Nice! And beautiful surroundings. It`s hard to find the full span of time it takes to do a complete detail on a car that gets driven.

Accum: I can`t hear or see the word woodchipper without thinking of its use in the movie Fargo.
    Likes Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Accum: I can`t hear or see the word woodchipper without thinking of its use in the movie Fargo.
    Heh heh, yeah...I`ll be thinking of that soon myself; when I finish up what mine can accommodate I`ll be renting a commercial one that could indeed [do other jobs]
    Thanks WaxAddict thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Coleroad- I`d wondered whether anybody would notice my absence yesterday Sun-up/sun-down work with the woodchipper, trying to work around the weather as best I can.

Hey, you`re starting to sound like Yours Truly! OK...I`m guessing Energy Suspension for the bushings, but whose other stuff did you use? Gee, I haven`t played with an F-body since, uhm...probably before you were born!..so I bet the Best Stuff for them has changed since then.

I`m sure I am not the only one to notice yesterday`s absence.

no energy suspension products. The bushes are BMR. So are the toe rods, trailing arms , and springs. Eibach dampers on all four corners, and Rear swaybar. Spohn front K-member brace. Prothane steering rack bushing, and radius arm bushing inserts. Then the wheels and tires. One irritated wife that i spent that much in the car.

I`m older than you probably think i am. I am about as old as the camaro is.

The F-body died when they stoped camaro production in 2002. When they started again in 2010. They used the zeta chassis from their Holden subsidiary. Then in 16 they quit using the Zeta chassis. Not sure what the chassis is called now for the 6th Gen Camaro.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful car! Beautiful view!

Great job!

AMiracleDetailing.com
    YouTube - Facebook - Instagram
    Likes Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking car and shots! Very cool you took the winter to get your suspension dialed in/upgraded!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Coleroad- Gee, things Camaro/etc. *have indeed* changed! I didn`t even know we don`t call `em F-bodies any more At least I do recognize some of the names you went with. Thanks for explaining, that was a fair bit of work. How do those tweaks work with regard to balancing Strip Duty with Street Use?

And eh, you`re maybe a *little* older than I woulda thought

Post Thanks / Like

Coleroad- Gee, things Camaro/etc. *have indeed* changed! I didn`t even know we don`t call `em F-bodies any more At least I do recognize some of the names you went with. Thanks for explaining, that was a fair bit of work. How do those tweaks work with regard to balancing Strip Duty with Street Use?

And eh, you`re maybe a *little* older than I woulda thought
    All street use here. I would take it to HPDE days at the Colorado Springs raceway. That won`t happen though. It being a convertible they require a roll bar. That`s just not functional when you do use the backseat at times.

I had it out two weeks ago with the camaro club drive through the Garden of the Gods . What surprised me most was how the ride over small bumps (like expansion joints) are actually less harsh. I didn`t expect that with 30 & 33% stiffer springs in place. The rear bar i think I`m going to adjust it yet. Definitely a huge positive improvement. Stock it plowed hard even under non aggressive cornering.

The only thing I still think I`m going to change. Is add ing caster adjustability to it. The wider front tires takes away from the already weak self return to center. I`m at 6.5 degrees of caster. I`m thinking 7.5-8 is where i would like to be. The zeta chassis as a Holden, has adjustable caster. When GM made the camaro on that chassis. They made it non adjustable, for who knows why. So you have to slot the radius arm mounting holes. Just like the holden`s are. Then they sell offset washers to set caster. Its $50, about an hours labor, and an alignment. For just a hours labor, I`ll probably just let the shop do this one. Probably not till next winter or spring.

I`m in the 50`s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Making someone else happy, is one of the best feelings.

Thread Information