Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Operation Hammer Time!

Quote Originally Posted by DrewPT View Post
    Terrific transformation! On the taillight lenses, do you use the same techniques as on the paint (compound and/or polish, matched foam pads) and does it remove any UV protection from the factory in the plastic?

Also, I`ve read numerous ways people get rid of tape residue after taping off paint. Is sudsy water with carsoap (maybe warm) the safest? I tried dishwashing detergent and while effective, it left white stains that were hell to remove with alcohol as I didn`t want to use other solvents.
    DrewPT --
    If you use a good quality masking tape, there will never be any residue left to remove..

I have used miles of this tape and it has never left anything on any surface --- https://www.autopia-carcare.com/3m-m...l#.XjuKnTKQH3g
    Dan F
    Likes mc2hill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks incredible Scott!

Post Thanks / Like

EXCELLENT, and the "beta test waterless wash" caught my attention as I`m always looking for new WW`s to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    That color is beautiful. Great restoration on the paint. Glad that as a professional (a respected one) that you use Adam’s products. I feel as though they dont get their fair shake due to over zealous “fanboys”. The make good products.... some great ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I`m a professional and I agree Adam`s has some great stuff, but I`m not a respected one like Sizzle. Around my parts I`m that "crazy guy who thinks people will actually pay $60 to get their damn car washed!"

He used their wheel cleaner, which is great stuff. You can get a 5 gallon jug of it for around $225 shipped, which is CHEAP. Imagine how much 5 gallons of Iron X would cost. I don`t see how professional detailers can use brands like CarPro and make a decent living still.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information