1973 Ferrari Dino 246 GT

1973 Ferrari Dino 246 GT
    43,000 original miles
    Rosso Bordeaux Red
    2.4 liter V6, 200HP
    Mid-engine/5 speed transaxle
    1274 produced, MSRP: $14,500.
    Approx value today: $350,000-425,000

New client. Needs this vehicle ready for the Cavallino Classic in 2 weeks. He is going to enter/show it. Got dinged some points last year for some paint issues, so…that’s why I have it!
    It just came out of the shop for some mechanical issues and is in tip top mechanical shape. The paint was another story…
    Full of swirls, sanding marks, some chips, a few holograms, and it was just looking dull and lifeless. It was also covered in dirt and dust from the shop.

The ‘details’:

Beta test car shampoo.
    Clayed with medium clay mitt.
    Adam’s tire and rubber cleaner.
    Adam’s shampoo for wheels/tires.
    Master Blaster to dry.
    DeFelsko PTG.
    Scangrip lighting.
    Metro vacuum.
    Flex 3401.
    Rupes MkIII 15.
    Adam’s micro polisher.
    Griot’s 6” for LSP application.
    Misc. foam pads.
    Griot’s fast correcting cream.
    Griot’s perfecting cream.
    Auto finesse glass cleaner.
    Carpro glass towels.
    Pinnacle exhaust cleaner and brightener.
    Optimum panel wipe.
    Wolfgang Fuzion LSP.
    McKee’s37 wax remover.
    Beta test tire dressing.
    McKee’s37 APC.
    McKee’s37 AIO leather cleaner/conditioner.

Thank you for looking and as always, comments/questions are welcomed and appreciated!

Chrome before:

Chrome after:

Compound from shop:

Removed:

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes trashmanssd, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1973 Ferrari Dino 246 GT

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes trashmanssd, SWETM, Scrapyard liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

You are a BA
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Adam!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Man.... your cars always look good in pics but jard to tell if its good or amazing. The way I know you do amazing work is the quality of cars people entrust to you. Beautiful work and car sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Man.... your cars always look good in pics but jard to tell if its good or amazing. The way I know you do amazing work is the quality of cars people entrust to you. Beautiful work and car sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this this this and this

Post Thanks / Like

Sizzle Chest:
    You KNOW these questions are coming from Captain Obvious, the beta-tester score keeper.
    I see you are beta-testing a car shampoo and a tire gel/dressing.
    Can you comment on either product? The tires look really matte and natural.

Some of the photos of the paint with the car in your shop threw me for a loop! The paint looked like it was badly stone-chipped until I realized it was a reflection of the epoxy- speckled flooring.

I also noticed that the carpeting did not have your signature vacuum striping. Was this by customer request to keep the carpeting appearing like it came from the factory or stock-looking for the up-coming Cavallino Classic Car Show, or was the carpet fabric nap just not thick enough to do this?

What process do you use to remove the excess compound from the panel seams and gaps? Was this from a re-spray of the paint or someone else`s attempt at detailing this vehicle??

Did you use the beta-testing chrome polish on the chrome?? Did not see it in the list of products.

Absolutely great workmanship on an under-appreciated Ferrari model. It might not have the pedigreed (and price tag!) that better-known models may have, but it is still a Ferrari.

I also assume you will be attending the Cavallino Classic in person and there will be "a few" vehicles on display that you have detailed over the years.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Dang!! Another stunner by you. Crystal ball says a trophy in that clients future

Post Thanks / Like

A call for the Dr Autodermatology!
    Awesome work and all Scott!
    WOW that`s some mold release or a very bad tire dressing LOL. But I love the matte/new look from them when finished. How do you like the Adam`s Wheel & Tire Cleaner vs the Tire & Rubber Cleaner? If you have used the Wheel & Tire Cleaner before. IIRC Brian at Apex Detailing Channel on Youtube did like this a little more than the dedicated one. I bought the Tire and Rubber Cleaner since you used it a lot and have not been sorry for doing so. It`s awesome to get the tires deep cleaned. Just that it`s so expensive here in Sweden so save it for when I prep the tires for the seasons. If I would buy the gallon it would come down a bit and cheaper than the Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner when compared per liter. Then if I have a strong dilution of Bilt Hamber Surfex HD it`s almost as good as those and more cheaper and versitale. But really like the Adam`s Tire and Rubber Cleaner so it`s hard to not get the gallon next time LOL.

Yeah the judges won`t cut down on the paint at least this time for the owner. A beutieful Ferrari!

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Sizzle Chest:
    You KNOW these questions are coming from Captain Obvious, the beta-tester score keeper.
    I see you are beta-testing a car shampoo and a tire gel/dressing.
    Can you comment on either product? The tires look really matte and natural. I can not yet. They were just sent to me last week.

Some of the photos of the paint with the car in your shop threw me for a loop! The paint looked like it was badly stone-chipped until I realized it was a reflection of the epoxy- speckled flooring. LOL

I also noticed that the carpeting did not have your signature vacuum striping. Was this by customer request to keep the carpeting appearing like it came from the factory or stock-looking for the up-coming Cavallino Classic Car Show, or was the carpet fabric nap just not thick enough to do this? Nap was plently thick. Needed it to look stock/factory for the show.

What process do you use to remove the excess compound from the panel seams and gaps? Was this from a re-spray of the paint or someone else`s attempt at detailing this vehicle?? I used a wax remover and MF towel. Sometimes a small plastic pick to help the MF towel get into areas. It was color sanded a few years back and it was leftover compound from them.

Did you use the beta-testing chrome polish on the chrome?? Did not see it in the list of products. I did not. I actually just polished it with a body pad/griots compound.

Absolutely great workmanship on an under-appreciated Ferrari model. It might not have the pedigreed (and price tag!) that better-known models may have, but it is still a Ferrari.

I also assume you will be attending the Cavallino Classic in person and there will be "a few" vehicles on display that you have detailed over the years.

And thanks for your comments!!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes Lonnie, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

how much do they sting you for Adams TRC Gallon in Sweden Tony?? - Here in Aus... USD $104 before shipping!

When I`m poor - I find Stoners Xenit does a bang up job of deep cleaning rubber. And I`ve always found the Megs APC D101 at full whack does a tremendous job also

Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tony!

Those tires took me about as long as the rest of the car! LOL. So much crap on them. They were brand new, so it was their `protectant` or whatever on them. It was a PIA.

The beta test tire dressing left an excellent `clean/matte` look that worked perfectly for this application.

I like his tire and rubber cleaner. I have used the tire and wheel cleaner as well. I think it works a touch better than the dedicated tire and rubber cleaner, but I am not a fan of it for wheel cleaning, I think it could be a bit stronger in my opinion.
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bodidly22 View Post
    how much do they sting you for Adams TRC Gallon in Sweden Tony?? - Here in Aus... USD $104 before shipping!

When I`m poor - I find Stoners Xenit does a bang up job of deep cleaning rubber. And I`ve always found the Megs APC D101 at full whack does a tremendous job also
    It`s $75USD vat and taxes included here in Sweden. So WOW I should not complain LOL. But you havesome high taxes in AUS on chemical products or is it the shipping costs that gets it so high. A couple a years ago we had a chemical tax added on the usual taxes which got both the domestic and imported chemical products a little more expensive. It`s even a special tax on the electronic products LOL. The highest taxes though is on gas and diesel and we just got the taxes on them raised again.

Awesome Scott and that`s what I have heard about the wheel and tire cleaner too. New tires looking like that WOW that have I not seen before LOL. Understandable that you had a PITA to remove the gunk from them with that kind of amount.
    Will be very interesting to see what this new tire dressing is when it comes out. And tell them to keep the looks it gives you as that gets rare on the new tire dressings. So we have options out there to go with the looks we like and what suits different kind of vehicals. I`m very satisfied with the results from Tac System Tire Coat. As I like that new clean rubber look. New tire look would maybe not be a right description when we have seen how these tires looked as new LOL.

Thanks Scott!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again Tony! Yes, it is a rarity nowadays for a very `matte` or natural tire dressing!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information