Post Thanks / Like

2017 Shelby GT350 + FLEX PXE-80 !!!!

So this Gt350 came in to get corrected and coated before it`s winter slumber.

Wash/Decon- Hyper wash, Nanoskin towel

Wheels/Tires- Megs Iron Decon, Mckees Tire rubber, Hyper dressing

Correction- For this one I figured I`d dust off the ole 3401 and have at it. 3401, Mckees microfiber pad, M100. Also used my new Flex PXE-80 12mm 3in setup.

Finish polish- 3401, IGL yellow foam, Hyper polish, Flex PXE-80

LSP- IGL Poly 1 year coating

Now for the new Flex PXE-80. So some of you know about my past experiences with my Ibrid. Although Rupes took care of it it still left a bit of a bad taste and I have always been hesitant to use it for fear of breaking. So when Flex announced the new PXE 80 I was stoked and placed a pre order asap. My other want was a cordless 3in setup to have 1 less cord to drag around while working.

It arrived while I was working on this GT350 so I got to unboxing and put it to work.

The batteries came partially charged and I got to right to work. I put one battery on the charger and the other one on the tool. I like that I can attach the backing plate to the chosen bit(3mm, 12mm, Rotary) without the need for a tiny wrench. As the bits have a textured grip to them to hold onto. For this test I used the 3in plate and 12mm offset along with a Megs microfiber cutting pad.

Initial impressions. Rugged, powerful and smooth! This thing is a paint slayer!

IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes GearHead_1, quebert, SWETM, ShaneB liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 Shelby GT350 + FLEX PXE-80 !!!!

The correction is amazing. Great job! I also love your lift. I am looking at getting one for my garage. What brand/model is it?
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks bud. It`s a Quickjack 7000slx

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justins00ss View Post
    Thanks bud. It`s a Quickjack 7000slx
    Thank you!
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work as usual! Excellent results on that black! Thanks for the review/thoughts on the new machine!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

SICK work, I love the quick connect on the PXE, I know if I get one I probably wouldn`t even change the backing plate much at all. But it`s still a selling point to me. I wonder how much the big batteries for it will be, Flex says there`s a 6ah but I can`t find it for sale yet. It`s cool that the batteries for this work with their Scangrip light too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    SICK work, I love the quick connect on the PXE, I know if I get one I probably wouldn`t even change the backing plate much at all. But it`s still a selling point to me. I wonder how much the big batteries for it will be, Flex says there`s a 6ah but I can`t find it for sale yet. It`s cool that the batteries for this work with their Scangrip light too.
    Thanks man. Yeah the quick change is a great feature

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work and write up and pictures and review Justin!

Just don`t understand how the Swedish sellers has such a mark up on the price. The retail price is $400-$500 depending on the change rate in the US and in UK and in Germany. Then I see the price here in Sweden at $720! It`s VAT and taxes included but still much higher. Something I have been thinking of is to import from Germany a brand called Liquid Elements and their cordless polishers. It`s just like Adam`s cordless polishers. And the Rupes Nano copy LE U1000 I can get for $200 + VAT and taxes and shipping and the customs cost would be around $300-$350. The huge downside is that you don`t get any warranty on them. So will see how it is during next year. But really like how the Flex PXE-80 seems to be a great option to go with and with it`s features.

The IGL Poly is looking amazing on the Shelby GT350! Had been awesome to see the IGL Poly irl as I always think it`s looking awesome on your pictures. A little strange that IGL has the Poly only for certified coating installers. Also that they don`t have any consumer ceramic coating available. While they have basicly for every other parts than paint that they have ceramic coatings for glass and plastic and leather and some others. It`s IGL Premier and Renew F4 that is the longer lasting consumer LSPs they have available. Then that something like the IGL Kenzo is certified coating installers only is understandable and the industrial coating you usually use on the wheels and wheel wells and calipers and the also the plastic trim IIRC.

Thanks for shareing your work Justin!

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Awesome work and write up and pictures and review Justin!

Just don`t understand how the Swedish sellers has such a mark up on the price. The retail price is $400-$500 depending on the change rate in the US and in UK and in Germany. Then I see the price here in Sweden at $720! It`s VAT and taxes included but still much higher. Something I have been thinking of is to import from Germany a brand called Liquid Elements and their cordless polishers. It`s just like Adam`s cordless polishers. And the Rupes Nano copy LE U1000 I can get for $200 + VAT and taxes and shipping and the customs cost would be around $300-$350. The huge downside is that you don`t get any warranty on them. So will see how it is during next year. But really like how the Flex PXE-80 seems to be a great option to go with and with it`s features.

The IGL Poly is looking amazing on the Shelby GT350! Had been awesome to see the IGL Poly irl as I always think it`s looking awesome on your pictures. A little strange that IGL has the Poly only for certified coating installers. Also that they don`t have any consumer ceramic coating available. While they have basicly for every other parts than paint that they have ceramic coatings for glass and plastic and leather and some others. It`s IGL Premier and Renew F4 that is the longer lasting consumer LSPs they have available. Then that something like the IGL Kenzo is certified coating installers only is understandable and the industrial coating you usually use on the wheels and wheel wells and calipers and the also the plastic trim IIRC.

Thanks for shareing your work Justin!

/ Tony
    Thanks Tony. So the way they think is that if a consumer likes there available products they will look for a authorized installer. Also they want people who are familiar with correction work and coatings to be using there products. Mainly to avoid Joe schmoe who has never coated a car or knows little to nothing about detailing getting ahold of it and screwing up his or someone else`s car and badmouthing the company. To get authorized for an account isnt difficult and doesn`t require monthly minimums etc. I know plenty of users who are part time weekend warriors using IGL.

Thread Information