Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Guess it`s time to get back at it...

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Discount mini ramps look like a useful item...thanks. Have you ever seen a Race Ramp in person? I`m curious as to what makes them so expensive, are they that different?

Cayman is a peg/hole jackpoint so hadda get those.

Hopefully it all goes, uh, according to plan. Wanna pull and coat wheels this weekend.

Pretty stupendous number, eh? It` be fun to use for sure...and far beyond practical. I just got nuthin` to use it on and if I was gonna go with it, better believe it`d be on the hood of a car I see daily.
    Site said the are expanded foam.... I was looking into those but that’s a lot for a foam wedge. Don’t mind the price if they were segni```ntly better but I just need them to get my quick jacks under the car. The discount ramps claim up to 5000 lbs. haven’t tried them but they are injected molded plastic so may put some sort of non slip material on bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wheel, caliper and tire cleaning & coating today.

And thanks to all who suggested items to get this low rider off the ground. Economy ramps weren`t here so just drive rear up on 2x6`s, got the Rennstand EasyJack under there, jacked up passenger side (jack on rear jacking point) which raised both front and back high enough. Standard jack stand under front jacking point, fitted legs of Rennstand for rear, repeat on other side and boom...done, safe and secure.

Was kinda worried about doing it but turned out to be a non-issue, 10 minutes and done.

Strange that all went well today, often I do something dumb that turns `whatever` into yet another adventure.
    Likes GearHead_1, acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Wheel, caliper and tire cleaning & coating today.

And thanks to all who suggested items to get this low rider off the ground. Economy ramps weren`t here so just drive rear up on 2x6`s, got the Rennstand EasyJack under there, jacked up passenger side (jack on rear jacking point) which raised both front and back high enough. Standard jack stand under front jacking point, fitted legs of Rennstand for rear, repeat on other side and boom...done, safe and secure.

Was kinda worried about doing it but turned out to be a non-issue, 10 minutes and done.

Strange that all went well today, often I do something dumb that turns `whatever` into yet another adventure.
    Nice! Now next time you’re in town...
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information