Post Thanks / Like

New camaro back again after accident

This is one of those make you shake your head deals! Did this car maybe 6 months ago with Modesta, unfortunately the owner had someone hit the front. This required replacement of front bumper. NO other work required and bumper was to be painted off the car. Client picked up car and found overspray on hood, which they buffed off! This now required the entire car to be re done. So, as I’m polishing the car I come across some real Picasso buffer action on the passenger side of the car! What gives with that? So I got a couple of pictures and polished them out, but it just makes you shake your head!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New camaro back again after accident

I`m sure the body shop thought they were doing the guy a favor. At least the owner knows who to bring it to.
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I could see if they buffed the whole car, but just that area?

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike -
    They got overspray on that side and had to remove it..

Lucky for the rest of the vehicle, except the front which they also messed up for you..

It all comes down to untrained people using a Rotary to speed things up, using the edge of the pads.. I don`t even want to know what pad they used and how dirty that was..

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Lol!

Post Thanks / Like

It`s pretty impresive to get overspray on the car when they where to paint the bumber off the car. Don`t know how the bodyshops are in the US. But here in Sweden they have a paint booth where they only paint in. And even if you would have parked the car in this paint booth it would be hard to get overspray on any part beside the panels beside where you paint. These paint booths has pressure in them that makes the overspray on the car if you where to have the paint gun on while directing it against another panel. The paint dust falls to the floor cause of the overpressure.

Wondering if they just have an ordinary garage. Or if they even switched out the bumper. How was the painting quality on the bumper? Was obviuos it where repainted?
    It can be that it`s overspray from another paint job done at the shop. But these days it`s almost easier to avoid overspray than get it.

Hehe those holograms you don`t kidding with LOL.

You should have a wall with different pictures of the worst conditions you have got into your shop and a little description of it. Have seen this with parts falling off where we do the yearly safety inspections on vehicals. Pretty fun stuff as a customer to look at. Now maybe your customer don`t spend much time in the garage. But if you have a place where you go through the paying and such it could be an option.

Nice work Mike! And totaly understand that you shake your head.
    Likes nickclark08, Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Mi Hermano Tony !!
    I hope that you and your family are all doing good up there in Sweden !
    It is getting very hot over here - going to be 106-107 F by Sunday..

I have worked in a few Auto Body/Paint Shops in my life, and the reason there is overspray everywhere is because the Owners of the shops cram in as many vehicles a week as possible into all areas of the shop.
    So, you have several vehicles next to each other in different stages of preparation for paint, after they come back from the auto body repair side..

The good Painters like myself, will always make sure everything is covered up on all the vehicles close to the one I am working on at that moment, so things like Primer, Sealer, Paint, does not blow all over the place and get on other vehicles..

Unfortunately, some shop Owners not really about Quality Control, and his people are even less inclined, so there lies the problem, every time..

Some of these people know they are going to get overspray everywhere, but just think, " I will buff it all of quickly" and then you have what is on this car that Mike just fixed..

Years ago, one would - never - make more work and risk damaging someone else`s vehicle, but today, not many people even think about this..

I cringe whenever I go into a Paint Shop to pick up a vehicle, and see all these people using very dirty, wool, wool/blend pads on paintwork, with very bad technique...

Dan F
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Thread Information