Post Thanks / Like

Some recent jobs. Raptor, Q50, Mustang GT, Denali 2500

Been crazy busy as always! I just wanted to post up the last week of jobs.

First up- 2010 Ford Raptor. This truck has 100k miles and overall is very nice. After doing his wife`s Yukon last year he had to get his done and coated.

Prep/Decon- Hyperwash, Nanoskin fine grade towel

Wheels/Tires- Mckees foaming wheel cleaner gel, LATA, Hyper Dressing, IGL wheel coating on the faces

Correction- One step with IGL F1 compound, Meguiars microfiber pad, Rupes 21 Mark ll

Interior- Mckees fast interior detailer/total interior cleaner. IGL Dash protectant

LSP- IGL Quartz+ 3 year coating

Next up was my clients mothers Infiniti Q50. This is a 2016 with only 7k miles and in very good shape.

Wash/Decon- Hyperwash, Nanoskin fine grade towel, Meguiars Iron decon

Wheels/Tires- Mckees foaming wheel cleaner gel, LATA, Hyper dressing

Correction- Spot correction with IGL F1, Mark ll 21mm, B/S yellow pad. Black pillars- Adams swirl killer mini, Megs microfiber cutting pad, IGL F1, Mckees finish polish, Mckees black finish pad

LSP- IGL Poly 1 year coating

Next up was a Denali 2500 that I had coated last year but unfortunately it was involved in a accident and it was decided to just go ahead and recoat the whole thing.

Prep/Decon- Hyperwash, Nanoskin fine grade towel

Wheels/Tires- Foaming wheel cleaner gel, LATA, Hyper dressing

Correction- IGL F1, BOSS Microfiber cutting pad, Rupes 21mm Mark ll

Finish polish- Hyper Polish, B/S yellow pad, Rupes 21mm Mark ll

Trim- Solution finish restorer

LSP- IGL Quartz+ 3 year coating

Next is this very well kept 06 Mustang GT Vert. This pony only has 5k miles!!!

Prep/Decon- Mckees waterless wash, Nanoskin fine grade towel

Wheels/Tires/suspension- Wheels off service, Meguiars Iron decon, LATA, Hyper dressing, IGL Eclipse

Correction- Not much correction was needed at all. I ended up doing a jeweling process with my Flex Pe-14 rotary, Mckees black foam pad and Hyper polish

LSP- IGL Kenzo 4 year

WALK AROUND VIDEO

YouTube
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes The Guz, tropicsteve, Nizmo, kevk, SWETM and 1 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some recent jobs. Raptor, Q50, Mustang GT, Denali 2500

great work justin!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW great work u did there !!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Some impressive before/afters/50/50`s! Nice work!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work and write up and pictures as always Justin!

Nice to see the difference between the products used on the different vehicals. Just shows it`s very dependant on the vehical you are going to be working on. When it`s but in the same thread like this.

How do you like the McKees 37 foam pads? From the looks of them and the colors. They looks very a like the Scholl ECOFIX foam pads line.

Always top notch work and write ups!

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Awesome work and write up and pictures as always Justin!

Nice to see the difference between the products used on the different vehicals. Just shows it`s very dependant on the vehical you are going to be working on. When it`s but in the same thread like this.

How do you like the McKees 37 foam pads? From the looks of them and the colors. They looks very a like the Scholl ECOFIX foam pads line.

Always top notch work and write ups!

/ Tony
    Thanks Tony. I really like the orange medium pad and the black finishing pad. I have found the black finish pad works killer on the rotary with low speed.

Post Thanks / Like

Justins00ss:
    Seems you are using the IGL F1 polish a lot. How does this compare with other polishes?

On the Raptor, your blue painter`s tape job is outstanding, so straight and neat without kinks. (Please do not laugh. My tape jobs look a like a BAD 1st-grader`s art class project.) I assume this was done because of the use a microfiber pad for correction and you did not want to scuff the plastic trim.

On the 06 Mustang GT, what did you use to clean and protect the convertible top material? I assume this was a cloth/fabric type material and not vinyl. Do not see you mention using the Flex rotary much for detailing many of the vehicles you do, but I assume for jeweling/burnishing, it is the THE tool to use for that process (along with the skill set you have to use such a polisher). Have you ever used McKee`s 37 Jeweling Polish/Wax?? I also assume the Hyper Polish mentioned is by Optimum Polymer Technology (OPT).

(Captain Obvious, you do a lot of "assuming"! or as they say, "Assume makes an A$$ out of U and ME.")
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Some recent jobs. Raptor, Q50, Mustang GT, Denali 2500

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Justins00ss:
    Seems you are using the IGL F1 polish a lot. How does this compare with other polishes?

On the Raptor, your blue painter`s tape job is outstanding, so straight and neat without kinks. (Please do not laugh. My tape jobs look a like a BAD 1st-grader`s art class project.) I assume this was done because of the use a microfiber pad for correction and you did not want to scuff the plastic trim.

On the 06 Mustang GT, what did you use to clean and protect the convertible top material? I assume this was a cloth/fabric type material and not vinyl. Do not see you mention using the Flex rotary much for detailing many of the vehicles you do, but I assume for jeweling/burnishing, it is the THE tool to use for that process (along with the skill set you have to use such a polisher). Have you ever used McKee`s 37 Jeweling Polish/Wax?? I also assume the Hyper Polish mentioned is by Optimum Polymer Technology (OPT).

(Captain Obvious, you do a lot of "assuming"! or as they say, "Assume makes an A$$ out of U and ME.")
    Yeah I actually just started trying IGL F1. So far I like it. Pretty versatile compound.

As for the tape job. Yes your correct in that I didn`t want to scuff the trim.

Oops! The top wasn`t dirty. Just got a wipe down and then sprayed with IGL fabric coating. It was a vinyl top not fabric.

And yes I really like Mckees Mckees jeweling wax but seeing as this was being coated opt Hyper polish was the ticket.

Likes Lonnie liked this post

Thread Information