Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jaguar back for re coat

[INSERT usual praise for Mike lambert`s work HERE]

Mike lambert- Certainly so surprise that you did such a nice job on it and treated the client fairly, but I`m sorry you have to deal with somebody like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! It’s really not a problem, just frustrating! He’s willing to spend the money which is better than the “you said it wouldn’t scratch “ people!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like he needs a maintenance wash program. Would he be up for you exclusively washing it?
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Fortunately I’m booked with coating work all week. I do Maintenance details on Friday, but he’s a free Guy and I get $250 for a Maintenance Detail.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Fortunately I’m booked with coating work all week. I do Maintenance details on Friday, but he’s a free Guy and I get $250 for a Maintenance Detail.
    Hey, that piqued my curiosity!

If you would please, explain a bit more about those Maintenance Details...and what $250 buys with regard to your time/services.

Guess I`m wondering what it`d cost for you to do my version of a Maintenance Wash (including engine compartment/undercarriage, calipers/interior including vents/etc. etc. basically a no-correction, but otherwise Concours-level job). I always think that if I had somebody like you in my area I`d just farm it out, but maybe that`d get pricey!

Post Thanks / Like

Other than putting a machine on it, everything else is done including Modesta Maintenance products. About a 4 hour job.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response, and gee, I`m impressed that you get so much done in 4 hours! It takes me maybe half that just do the undercarriage and engine compartment

But it sounds like I`d be spending $250 a few times every month and that could add up. Good to know that though, and I`m sure not saying that your services aren`t worth it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Griot’s only has a cutting microfiber pad.
    I don’t know if it’s new but the carry two. Fast cutting (MF with no foam backing and these:

The cutting ones with no foam are intimidating and hoping I could get similar although probably not as good as work you do with the foam backed MF ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I’m sorry, I thought you meant like the Meguiars ones, a cutting and a finishing microfiber. The fast cut one will cut right thru an edge and is seriously aggressive.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    The car looks great. I love that color.I don`t understand the whole, "take it to the dealer to get washed", mentality though I know people who do it when the dealership offers them for free. For me, any dealership visit is one of last resort, especially for washing. If I wanted someone else to clean my car there are a healthy number of automated car washes and car washes places around me which allow pretty quick service if I wanted to ruin the paint and I`m sure there are plenty of pro detailers with a mobile service if I wanted it done right. None of those options involve having to deal with a busy dealership service department and then waiting long than needed for someone to wash the car.
    Hey, DesertNate !
    Hope you guys are all doing good over there !

If this Dealership is like the Lexus Dealership I once bought a new IS350 from, they have a separate, permanent, Car Wash 1-Booth place out in the back parking lot, and everyone who bought a Lexus from them just queues in the line and waits their turn.. Never have to go up to the Dealership building for anything; just get in line for your Lifetime free car wash-n-scratch..

Never mind the guys who drop their Drying Towels on the ground, and pick them up and still use them on your Jet Black LX-L..

I of course, never used that, but I always saw a line of Lexus cars out there waiting their turn when I went in for service..
    Dan F

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information