Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

2017 Corvette with Modesta

New purchase for previous client out of Texas. I don’t know what kind of dirt you guys got down there but it gets in every nook and cranny! The car was in great shape with very low mileage. Minor correction done with Griot’s fast correction cream on a microfiber pad, refined with Griot’s perfecting cream on a black finishing pad. Paint coated with Modesta BC04, wheels with Modesta BC06 via airbrush, glass with glassparency, tires with Nanolex. Really like this color and the BC04 really brought it out! Thank you for looking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 Corvette with Modesta

You brought out the true color of that C7 for sure!! Looks great!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

If the car came from West Texas or any of the aird climates, the dirt gets EVERYWHERE. If the more moist climates, it`s likely dead pollen, the pollening is still in progress.

Post Thanks / Like

The pollen has made me miserable here in FL and this is the first time in *years* I’ve felt this way.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great as usual Mike.Love that color on car.The dust is a never ending battle down here

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys! I feel sorry for you Texas guys dealing with that dust! Pollen is starting here, but it’s not as bad as that stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t laugh about the Texas dirt, Mike. Some of it ended up in Green Bay, WI with the last mid-April snowstorm! True story: According to the National Weather Service, dust (and pollen) was picked up from the high winds associated with the intense low (Bomb-o-genesis) that formed in the plains and was transported into the upper jet stream. When the precipitation formed, it clung to that precipitation from the Gulf of Mexico moisture and fell to the ground, which was snow/sleet where I lived. I shoveled on the 11th of April and , yes, it had a dirty, dull brownish/yellow hue to it. I thought my eyesight was going bad, until it started sleeting later as I was shoveling, and the contrast between the newly fallen white sleet and dirty earlier snow was visibly evident. That heavy water-laiden snow was like trying to shovel wet cement. I will know the dirt and pollen was from Texas when those Blue Bonnets start spouting up as weeds in my lawn.

Nice work on the `Vette and your signature "Maryland Merlin" deciduous tree reflection in the hood..
    Does this particular color with its metal flake "hide" the GM production orange peel in paint OR did you remove most of it when you did the correction OR was there very little to begin with (which would be very unusual in GM production paint)??
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I was surprised it was as flat as it was. Don’t know the history other than less than 2K on it when it came here. Didn’t find any evidence it had been sanded. No residue anywhere. It did take some texture out with correction, but it is made of plastic so in my opinion it can never be truly flat, despite what is said in Ohio! LOL! And thanks!
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mike:
    Aren`t Corvettes assembled in Bowling Green, Kentucky and not Bowling Green, Ohio? (I am SOOO confused! But, that`s part of being Captain Obvious.)

Is that blue NAPA 5-gallon bucket on casters your pad cleaning bucket? That looks like it has a lot of polish/compound debris in it. What do you use for a pad-cleaning soap/cleaner, which I assume is in the spray bottle hanging from the side??

Does it take longer time wise for the infrared lighting/heat waves to cure the Modesta coating on fiberglass (plastic) than on sheet metal and how long is that time? I assume you have multiple infrared lamps stationed around a vehicle to facilitate a faster cure time and a more even cure. (Told you I was confused, because I am pretty sure I asked you that before, but I forgot!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

The bucket idea came from white details in England, I blow the pads out as I go, spray the bucket with the water bottle you see, it keeps the dust way down in the shop. The Ohio thing is an inside joke! As far as the lamp, I only have one, I cure as I install, don’t have room for multiple lamps or the larger European model. Cure is about 10-15 minutes a panel.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    The bucket idea came from white details in England, I blow the pads out as I go, spray the bucket with the water bottle you see, it keeps the dust way down in the shop. The Ohio thing is an inside joke! As far as the lamp, I only have one, I cure as I install, don’t have room for multiple lamps or the larger European model. Cure is about 10-15 minutes a panel.
    With that air line, get yourself a gun that has a rubber tip on the end, or super glue a vacuum cap on the tip with enough material to block the metal from hitting the paint. As of today, I had an air gun jump out of my hand as I was connecting it to the line (Prevost QC) and the tip of the gun hit the car. Luckily I was able to touch up the mark, but this is one of my warnings to all detailers using compressed air. I have learned from experience, going to HF in the morning to pick up an air gun with a rubber tip.

Post Thanks / Like

Great work
    I wish my truck was that color
    HOSTA!! That means springtime is here!! Mine is up too

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Yeah the deer have already been eyeing them up! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

As always...Fantastic work!

It looks awesome!