Post Thanks / Like

DetailedByPrecision 2018 Black Tesla Model 3 Paint Correction CquartZ Ceramic Coating Xpel PPF Auto Detailing San Francisco

I got a call from this customer asking questions about a delivery from Tesla. The customer was interested in paint correction, cquartz ceramic coating, and whole front end protected with Xpel ultimate plus paint protection film. I met him at my shop to wait for the new car delivery straight from tesla factory in Fremont. Upon inspecting the car, there were 2 areas with really bad gap issues, severe amount of defects because the delivery person said they buffed the car before sending it out to us. He made a phone call to let his boss know what we found before the customer signed the papers. After paperwork all done, I work on it a couple days, then the car had to be driven to a dealership to get the 2 panels adjusted. Then back to me to finish the rest of the car up.

Typical dealership work leaving behind more mess.... washed, iron x, clay

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision6355 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision6355 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision6360 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision6365 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision6356 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision6360 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

M101 w/orange pad, d300 w/orange pad, menz203 w/white pad, carpro essence w/black pad

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision6365 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision6383 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision6383 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

later on found these weird fish eye looking defects clumped up together. my first time seeing this kinda defect on new cars

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision6390 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision6390 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision6401 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision6403 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision6458 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision6450 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Sorry no finished pics, I forgot to take them. Was a bit time crunched. Thanks for taking the time to view my work.

Click on image to view work
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DetailedByPrecision 2018 Black Tesla Model 3 Paint Correction CquartZ Ceramic Coating Xpel PPF Auto Detailing San Francisco

They buffed it all right! LOL. Typical dealer work, and typical Tesla in my experience. Those defects look like mass solvent pop areas to me. I`ve seen new Model 3`s with solvent pop all over but never confined to certain areas.

Well done getting that thing dialed in! Going to look great when done!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes CG6Lemon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DetailedByPrecision 2018 Black Tesla Model 3 Paint Correction CquartZ Ceramic Coating Xpel PPF Auto Detailing San Francisco

I worked at Tesla for almost 5 years, I spent a fair amount of time dealing with the delivery team and the guys who prepped vehicles. New cars in that sort of condition were absolutely par for the course. Most of those guys are just like the "detailers" at a typical dealership...they have no real detailing skill set, in their late teens/early 20`s, do sloppy work, and are paid $12/hr to crank out volume more than quality.
    Likes CG6Lemon liked this post

Thread Information