Post Thanks / Like

DetailedByPrecision 2018 Tesla Model 3 Check panel gap for issues and paintwork defects Paint Correction Ceramic Coating Auto Detailing San Francisco

Owner contacted me about ceramic coating his new 2018 tesla model 3. I had him swing by the shop so I can inspect the car in person with him. We found a couple panel gap issues, and a lot of paint defects from the factory. Planned out a 3 step paint correction and protect the paintwork with a ceramic coating.

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5783 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5785 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5783 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Deep sanding scratches, swirls, isolated scratches

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5785 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5809 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5809 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5814 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5814 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5824 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5815 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5824 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5831 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5829 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5829 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5833 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5833 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Thank you for taking the time to view my work. Happy holidays.

Click on image to view work

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DetailedByPrecision 2018 Tesla Model 3 Check panel gap for issues and paintwork defects Paint Correction Ceramic Coating Auto Detailing San Franci

Very nice work! I have found similar defects in the Tesla`s I have done. Poor QC in my opinion!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DetailedByPrecision 2018 Tesla Model 3 Check panel gap for issues and paintwork defects Paint Correction Ceramic Coating Auto Detailing San Franci

It seems Tesla is much more concerned with the vehicles electronics over the cosmetic parts of the car, but I say why not both? These problems don’t seem to be minor and rare, but are on all Tesla products. Tesla is highly automated, but humans are needed for the final inspection process. Panel gaps and paint defects says to me that the cars are “not ready for prime time” yet. I keep waiting for a mainstream manufacturer to buy Tesla and institute a better QC program. I’m planning on getting a fully electric car in 5 years. Hopefully by then many of the early problems will have been addressed and fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

Great turn around! Too bad the owner needed so much work on a brand new vehicle.

How much of the damage could have hapened while the car was being transported or prepped for delivery? I realize Tesla`s QC is less than desireable, but that seems REALLY bad for damage at the factory.

Thread Information