Post Thanks / Like

DetailedByPrecision 2017 Ford Shelby GT350 Brand new car extremely damaged paintwork. Paint Correction Ceramic Coating Auto Detailing San Francisco

The owner of this car is a true car enthusiasts like us, very informed, watches Larry @ Ammo, Matt @ OG, so expectations were extremely high right off the bat. The car was on an open bed truck from South Dakota to San Francisco. The color of the car is black which does not help, plenty of scratches, swirls, factory defects, some irreparable which you guys will see later. I gave a 2 week estimate of finishing the job which was 3 step paint correction, cquartz ceramic coating, remove oem factory white vinyl racing stripes. After I completed the whole front end, the owner took the car to another shop to have the whole front end protected with xpel ppf. Afterwards brought back to me so I can finish the rest of my part and get ready to present the car.

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5430 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Water spots, swirls, scratches, factory sanding scratch or burn????

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5430 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

I was really cautious when polishing this area because I did not want to be the person that ultimately strikes through the paint attempting to fix another persons problem. I used least aggressive and worked my way up to a mild compound. Thankfully it came out and the owner was able to go forward with xpel pff the whole hood.

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5512 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5458 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5458 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5468 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5468 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5491 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

More documenting defects

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5491 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5437 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

These 2 burns were not fixable on passenger upper door. One of it was a bad attempt at spot filling a fish eye, other burn was a scratch.

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5437 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5494 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5494 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Really deep scratches on fender

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5504 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5506 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5506 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5671 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5671 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5676 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5674 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

When the owner arrived to pick it up he was very grateful I took care of his pride and joy. I earned his trust and respect because he chose me out of so many options and I delivered the results. This job made me feel genuinely appreciated which this industry lacks due to a low overhead start up, and lack of experienced detailers. Thanks for viewing my work.

Click on image to view work
    Likes SWETM, Desertnate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DetailedByPrecision 2017 Ford Shelby GT350 Brand new car extremely damaged paintwork. Paint Correction Ceramic Coating Auto Detailing San Francisc

Super job on that “new” car. It must have sat on the lot for well over a year. Terrible orange peal. Great work on wet sanding that bad scratch. They must have parked the poor thing under a sprinkler, surprised you didn’t have to wet sand them too.

How did you go about removing the factory stripes?
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DetailedByPrecision 2017 Ford Shelby GT350 Brand new car extremely damaged paintwork. Paint Correction Ceramic Coating Auto Detailing San Francisc

Very nice, I’d drive that.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

The car looks fantastic. Great recovery! The level of damage is shocking for new vehicle. I would think it would be least be stored indoors if not on the dealership showroom floor. Around here I`ve never seen an unsold GT350 sitting outdoors. The car is protected nicely, but it also means they won`t let it be test driven either...

This car was new? The brake dust was pretty heavy for only test drives even considering high temperature, performance brake pads and ceramic rotors. I`d be afraid the dealership staff hooned that car before putting it on the truck.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice although I do like the stripes on it....

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work! The pics tell the story!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Thread Information