Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    A Miracle Detailing Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sunny South Florida
    Posts
    1,919
    Post Thanks / Like

    2016 Ford Mustang GT - A Miracle Detailing - Cquartz Professional

    2016 Ford Mustang GT - A Miracle Detailing - Cquartz Professional

    Rupes MK II w/5" backing plate and Rupes nano iBrid
    Megs 5" mf cutting discs. Rupes green & Yellow foam pads.
    ScanGrip MultiMatch 2 C+R Colormatch lights
    Meguiars M110 and M210 and in many areas Scholl`s S3 and S30
    Gloss black OEM paint. Very soft! On this paint be very careful with microfiber towels.

    YouTube Video (Please watch in HD 1080p w/sound). Feedback Appreciated.


    NOTE: This Before was a LOT worse than what it looks in this pic.

    Merlin Shot



    Roof



    NOTE: This After was a LOT better than what it looks in this pic.

    The End



    Thanks for looking...Please reply in a post.

    Shameless Plug...
    Please subscribe to my Social Media Channels
    https://www.youtube.com/c/AMiracleDetailing
    https://www.facebook.com/AMiracleDetailing
    https://twitter.com/AMiracleDetail
    https://plus.google.com/+AMiracleDetailing
    https://www.instagram.com/AMiracleDetailing

    Merlin

  2. #2
    SUPER MODERATOR GearHead_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    10,294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2016 Ford Mustang GT - A Miracle Detailing - Cquartz Professional

    Simply splendid.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  3. #3
    A Miracle Detailing Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sunny South Florida
    Posts
    1,919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2016 Ford Mustang GT - A Miracle Detailing - Cquartz Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Simply splendid.
    Thank you.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2016 Ford Mustang GT - A Miracle Detailing - Cquartz Professional

    WOW,,,,its like liquid black ,,

  5. #5
    Sizzle Chest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    1,258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2016 Ford Mustang GT - A Miracle Detailing - Cquartz Professional

    A black gem now!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

  6. #6
    rlmccarty2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2016 Ford Mustang GT - A Miracle Detailing - Cquartz Professional

    I see you used the new Meguires twins. The results were great. How did you like using them? I picked up the two of them, but have not gotten around to trying them out. Just what I really needed, new polishes.

  7. #7
    A Miracle Detailing Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sunny South Florida
    Posts
    1,919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2016 Ford Mustang GT - A Miracle Detailing - Cquartz Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishing View Post
    WOW,,,,its like liquid black ,,
    Thank you. That is very kind.

  8. #8
    A Miracle Detailing Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sunny South Florida
    Posts
    1,919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2016 Ford Mustang GT - A Miracle Detailing - Cquartz Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    A black gem now!
    Thank you.

    It turned out pretty sweet for ultra-soft paint.

  9. #9
    A Miracle Detailing Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sunny South Florida
    Posts
    1,919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2016 Ford Mustang GT - A Miracle Detailing - Cquartz Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I see you used the new Meguires twins. The results were great. How did you like using them?
    I picked up the two of them, but have not gotten around to trying them out.
    Just what I really needed, new polishes.
    Yes, I put the new Megas twins to the test...These are new "from the ground up" formulas.
    IMHO they behave "differently" than other (prior) polishes. Amount of product, process etc.

    They state no (to very little) dusting. I found dusting but it is a different dusting behavior.
    I found dust in the air, not from the pad. It was noticeable when it settled on the paint.
    NOTE: Your results may vary.

    They work fine but IMHO there is a learning curve and again, IMHO they act, work and feel different.
    When you finally get the behavior of the new twins figured out, they work very well with great results.

    Merlin
    Likes rlmccarty2000, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks rlmccarty2000, VitreousHumor thanked for this post

  10. #10
    AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11,032
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2016 Ford Mustang GT - A Miracle Detailing - Cquartz Professional

    Awesome save there Merlin!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2016 Ford Mustang GT - A Miracle Detailing - Cquartz Professional

    Hey looks beautiful. I have a 16 black mustang also and will be polishing for my 1st time ever. Paint looks to be in same or. better shape. If I’m reading correct you did a “cut” and them polish? How much arm pressure did you put And passes in “cut” stage? I have boss gg15, will be ordering 3” ( deciding between rupes or adams) using essence and clear cut. I have boss yellow pads, LC CCS pads, and will order some megs MF if warranted. Any help would be appreciated and my apologies if asking to much

    Thanks


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    A Miracle Detailing Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sunny South Florida
    Posts
    1,919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2016 Ford Mustang GT - A Miracle Detailing - Cquartz Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Pirate View Post
    Awesome save there Merlin!
    Thank you. It turned out pretty nice.

  13. #13
    A Miracle Detailing Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sunny South Florida
    Posts
    1,919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2016 Ford Mustang GT - A Miracle Detailing - Cquartz Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Hey looks beautiful.
    I have a 16 black mustang also and will be polishing for my 1st time ever.
    Paint looks to be in same or. better shape. If I’m reading correct you did a “cut” and them polish?
    How much arm pressure did you put And passes in “cut” stage? I have boss gg15, will be ordering 3” ( deciding between rupes or adams) using essence and clear cut.
    I have boss yellow pads, LC CCS pads, and will order some megs MF if warranted.
    Any help would be appreciated and my apologies if asking to much

    Thanks
    Just a side note...1st time polishing = Use someone else`s car. Don`t "learn on your car".

    A paint gauge is a must. HighLine Meter II Paint Thickness Gauge (or equivalent) is good.
    You can measure in Mils or Microns. I prefer Microns and try to remove minimal amount of cc.
    If you are not using a PTG you are polishing blind! This particular paint was pretty swirled out.

    I just did a 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS - A Miracle Detailing - CQuartz Professional
    It had a VERY thick PTG reading and as soon as I began correction I had red on the mf pad.
    Yes, there is red color/tint in this particular Camaro clear coat. It sure makes you stop!!!
    I switched to Carpro 5" flash pad with M101. Swirls gone and no red. (see thread).

    Important: Every paint is different! I do a test spot with a medium/light machine speed.
    I use a slight down pressure on the machine head. I do not push or press down hard.
    The most important factors...in order...are product, pad, machine, user (technique).

    There are different abrasive technologies S.M.A.T. and DAT and product/pad work times.
    It may look great when you are done and then you`ll have clear coat failure in 3-6 months.

    I may try 3-4 different compounds and 3-4 different pad types to find what works.
    Remember: When you remove clear coat there is no putting it back! Be gentle!
    Use the least aggressive method to get the job done!

    You may find that Essence with a Carpro Gloss pad may be enough to do the trick.
    Even so, I would start with that to "learn" the machine and the feel of pad and polish.
    Prime the pad, 3-4 pea sized drops, clean the pad after each section and reapply peas.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Reisterstown Md.
    Posts
    2,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2016 Ford Mustang GT - A Miracle Detailing - Cquartz Professional

    Excellent work!

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2016 Ford Mustang GT - A Miracle Detailing - Cquartz Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Just a side note...1st time polishing = Use someone else`s car. Don`t "learn on your car".

    A paint gauge is a must. HighLine Meter II Paint Thickness Gauge (or equivalent) is good.
    You can measure in Mils or Microns. I prefer Microns and try to remove minimal amount of cc.
    If you are not using a PTG you are polishing blind! This particular paint was pretty swirled out.

    I just did a 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS - A Miracle Detailing - CQuartz Professional
    It had a VERY thick PTG reading and as soon as I began correction I had red on the mf pad.
    Yes, there is red color/tint in this particular Camaro clear coat. It sure makes you stop!!!
    I switched to Carpro 5" flash pad with M101. Swirls gone and no red. (see thread).

    Important: Every paint is different! I do a test spot with a medium/light machine speed.
    I use a slight down pressure on the machine head. I do not push or press down hard.
    The most important factors...in order...are product, pad, machine, user (technique).

    There are different abrasive technologies S.M.A.T. and DAT and product/pad work times.
    It may look great when you are done and then you`ll have clear coat failure in 3-6 months.

    I may try 3-4 different compounds and 3-4 different pad types to find what works.
    Remember: When you remove clear coat there is no putting it back! Be gentle!
    Use the least aggressive method to get the job done!

    You may find that Essence with a Carpro Gloss pad may be enough to do the trick.
    Even so, I would start with that to "learn" the machine and the feel of pad and polish.
    Prime the pad, 3-4 pea sized drops, clean the pad after each section and reapply peas.
    Thanks, that’s awesome info. I will definetly order some gloss pads. Don’t have friends car but found a junked out ford with same paint code I’m going to buy the hood to practice


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2017 Ford Mustang GT - A Miracle Detailing - CQuartz Professional
    By Merlin in forum Click & Brag -The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2018, 06:18 PM
  2. 2016 Ford F150 Crew Cab - A Miracle Detailing - CQuartz Professional
    By Merlin in forum Click & Brag -The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2018, 09:27 AM
  3. 2014 Black Ford Mustang - A Miracle Detailing - CQuartz Professional
    By Merlin in forum Click & Brag -The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2018, 07:49 PM
  4. 2013 Ford Mustang GT - A Miracle Detailing - CQuartz Professional
    By Merlin in forum Click & Brag -The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2018, 09:34 AM
  5. 2017 Ford Mustang Premium - A Miracle Detailing - CQuartz Professional
    By Merlin in forum Click & Brag -The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2017, 01:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •