Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Porsche 911T

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I THINK I asked you how you achieved this striping and that it was done free-hand with a Metro vacuum by alternating the direction of the carpet tool head. All I can say is, those are some VERY straight lines for being "free-handed". I should know; I was a draftsmen who had to sketch up machines and shop floors from my taking of field measurements and my lines were NEVER that straight. You would be appalled at my "drawing sketches" as I was the only one who could make head-or-tails of them to convert into Computer-Aided Design (CAD) drawings for mechanical engineering purposes. (No, I did not do that on purpose for "job security". I was just an "untalented" (AKA lousy) sketcher.)
    I ask for specific details to "perfecting" plastic trim because there seems to be a "black art" (no pun intended) in doing so. I assume that the Rupes iBrid mini polisher is a key component to this process. My question really wants to know what specific pads and polishes are used to achieve this perfection.

I also noticed you "beta testing" a carpet protector. Is this JUST a fabric protector OR is it a carpet cleaner-and-protector all-in-one?

Last time you were beta testing an oil/tar remover and that turned out to be an offering from Mckee`s37 that you really like. I know, you are sworn to secrecy and confidentiality about the carpet protector, BUT I am just curious on how well it works. Another game changer??

Sorry, I didn’t see your question about my stripes. Yep, freehand with a brush. Appreciate your praise on them; I do my best to keep them similar!

Yes, you are correct, the iBrid is a game changer for taillights! I will usually start out with a green pad and whatever finishing polish I’m using. If that’s not ‘cutting’ it, lol, I will switch up to my cutting/compound. If still no results, blue rules pad usually does it.

It is just a protector. It is working pretty well so far! Even did some of my sneakers and they are holding up well, even after some runs in the rain. I will post more when I a, allowed!

And, again, appreciate the questions and comments!!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Porsche 911T

No, Sizzle Chest, you did NOT miss my question about the carpet striping in this thread because the answer I wrote was from your answer to that question MANY threads ago and I should have phrased it as "I THINK from a previous thread..", not to imply this thread.
    Anyway, thank you for taking the time reply to my many questions and posting pictures of the dream cars (at least to me!) you detail.
    It bears repeating: The best cars in the world get detailed by the best detailers in the world.
    GB detailer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information