Post Thanks / Like

Here Kitty Kitty! Black Hellcat gets fully protected and GLOSSED!

So next up on the block was a 2016 Hellcat Challenger. This car came as a referral from not only a few other Challenger clients but the sales women at the local Dodge dealer who sold it to him as well.

A little back story. I had received a call about 2-3 weeks ago from the sales women at the dealership. She had got my info from one of her friends/clients whom also has a black Challenger that corrected and fully coated earlier this year. This particular Hellcat came in on trade with only 2k miles on the clock but I can assume with confidence the previous owner must have had a weekly wash done at the local scratch and swirl. She told me she was selling the car to a close friend and that he was very interested in having it corrected and possibly coated but didn`t know where to turn. After going over my services with her and answering her questions I specifically told her not to let the dealership touch it and just have him bring it to me. She completely agreed and it turns out she has a couple nice Challengers of her own.

So long story short, he brought the car in for an assessment and to lock in a package and date. A simple test spot sold him instantly. So he decided to do the full package while it was here. Also when he came to pickup the car his son brought his black 740 BMW in for me to look at. Knocked out a test spot for him and he was instantly sold as well. HAHAHA.

Wheels/Tires

Removed, cleaned with Mckees foaming wheel cleaner gel and IGL Iron. Tires got LATA and dressed with Mckees gloss tire gel. Wheels coated with IGL Wheel coating on the faces and barrels.

Plastic wheel liners and Calipers

Cleaned and prepped with LATA, Foaming wheel cleaner gel and IGL Precoat. Coated with IGL Eclipse chemical resistant industrial coating.

Wash/Decon

Foamed and 2BM with hyper wash, nanoskin light clay towel. Also de-badged it.

Correction

So this is another vote for how awesome 3D ONE is. Someone on here or Autogeek had asked if I had tried it with leaving the residue on the panel and not wiping off after my cutting stage then just switching pads and adding a tiny bit of product and go right into my finish polishing. I figured this would be the time to try it and all I can say is it cut my correcting time way way down!!!!

I used my Rupes Mark ll 21mm and Swirl killer mini both with Megs microfiber cutting pads. Being that 3D ONE is somewhat transparent when working it in I could see when defects were removed. I simply left the polish on the paint, switch over to a Rupes yellow pad and added a tiny drop of polish onto the pad and began my finishing polish stage. Then wiped off the polish when done to show a beautiful corrected surface. I was able to complete the correction work in about 6hrs. Which for a big black car getting a 2 step is pretty sweet!

LSP- IGL Kenzo on paint and trim.

Exterior glass- IGL window coating

WALK AROUND VIDEO!!!! CHECK THIS OUT!

https://youtu.be/DdFvggUFCtc
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here Kitty Kitty! Black Hellcat gets fully protected and GLOSSED!

Looks great! Nice work!

Post Thanks / Like

J, that`s beautiful. I like the detailing inside the fender wheels and brake components. (I hope someone replaced the rubber caps on the bleeders.)
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    J, that`s beautiful. I like the detailing inside the fender wheels and brake components. (I hope someone replaced the rubber caps on the bleeders.)
    Thanks guys!
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

I copy and paste what I wrote to you on AGO forum

Awesome work and write up and pictures Justin!

Could be me that is guilty of the no wipe off between compound and finishing polish. It`s seems to be working great to do with 3D One. The results speaks for them self. Now this method I don`t take credit for. It`s a detailing company that did this when they tried out their new compound. Their compound is diminishing abrasives and would compare it to Menzerna HC400. But with 1 point more on both cut and gloss rating. Will say though that One with non diminishing abrasives it seems to be a great option to use this method with. Really glad it worked great for you Justin. And on a black paint if it would not work you would easly see it. Then that it`s cuts down in time is a big benefit. Thanks for shareing your work and was brave enough to test out this method LOL.

/Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Superb.

Thanks for the write-up on 3D One. You certainly answered alot of questions concerning going right to the finishing step. I will definitely try that in the spring.

Thread Information