Post Thanks / Like

The daily with CQUK 3.0 + Gliss V1

I did this back during the 4th of July week and completed coating it on July 6th. So I have had CQUK 3.0 + Gliss V1 for almost 2 months at this point. I have not had time to sit down and write this.

To start off my daily had Sonax CC36 Ceramic Paint Coating on it for 11 months. One can go to this thread to see the journey with Sonax CC36. After using McKee’s 37 Coating Prep Wash on it, it degraded it. I was going to polish it off at the 12 month mark but plans changed after using the prep wash. Nick did mention it was coating safe but apparently not in this particular case. Anyway I digress.

Review - Sonax CC36 Ceramic Coating

So it was time for re-coat anyway so I decided to polish off Sonax CC36. Like all paint corrections, the prep wash is performed to prep the surface.

I deconned the wheels which I do every now and then since they are coated in GTechniq C5 Wheel Armour + Exo V3. I then washed them with soap, water and various brushes. These were recoated months ago so I would not be touching them after this. I more than likely used C2V3 to top them. I did not touch the tires either as they are coated with McKee’s 37 tire coating. Jay Lenos wheel cleaner was used and it did a fine job. This does not have that strong scent that most color changing wheel cleaners have. Nice clinging ability.

I then proceeded with a semi Mike Phillips Aggressive Wash Method. Started off with Ironx on the dry painted surface. There was some contamination on the surface which is expected as the car sits outside 24/7.

I gave another round of McKee’s 37 coating prep wash in the foam gun and bucket. Pulled it into the garage and clayed it with Optimum Opti-Clay and CarPro Immolube. Followed up with a prep wipe using CarPro Eraser to remove the residue left behind by Immolube.

I then chose to use Sonax Cut & Finish with Rupes green pads to go over the surface and remove whatever was left from Sonax CC36. There was very little defects on the paint. I was essentially removing the coating with this combo. Followed up with a prep wipe using Eraser.

Final polishing was done with CarPro Essence and CarPro Gloss Pads. Let it sit overnight after initial wipe off to let the SiO2 cure longer. I then came back the next day to prep wipe the surface with Eraser. This is also to remove any dust on the surface along with any residual oils that may have been left over. It was warm and humid when I applied these coatings.

About 90% of the car got two coats of CQUK 3.0 topped with Gliss V1. The hood, roof and trunk have different cquartz combos to compare them side by side for evaluation.

Base layer of CQUK 3.0 with one side topped with TiO2 and Gliss on the other.

Here is the final result.

I later coated the door jambs with Gyeon CanCoat

I ended up replacing the aftermarket LED tails back to the stock OEM tails and am comparing two combinations of coatings meant for plastics a few weeks ago. Also trying out Gyeon Trim over Primer Polish.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks VitreousHumor, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The daily with CQUK 3.0 + Gliss V1

The only issue I had was that Gliss developed a haze 48 hours after the initial application. It was the only time that this has occurred. The other times it has not. It was gone after the first wash.

Likes BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done, Guz, always professional...
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Always like your work.

Interesting to see how this test works out.

Do you have an opinion on this?

Will always listen to someone who has an Opinion backed up by experience.

But not to someone without, which is Basically Hot Air and Useless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Nicely done, Guz, always professional...
    As always thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine Clerk View Post
    Always like your work.

Interesting to see how this test works out.

Do you have an opinion on this?

Will always listen to someone who has an Opinion backed up by experience.

But not to someone without, which is Basically Hot Air and Useless.
    Thanks. I am going to test it out for a year and see how they compare to each other. As of right now they all look the same. Similar water behavior. I did notice that after the first wash that CQUK 3.0 shed more of the wash solution off compared to the previous formula.

Also CQUK 3.0 is less tacky than the previous formula. TiO2 is the least tacky in feel and is the easiest to use.

I will be uploading my first wash video I have and will post it up. I may do a video at the 6 month mark but as of right now it will be 1 year unless something unexpected happens.
    Likes SWETM, Marine Clerk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking you got your car Guz! Could be a lighting thing but looks like you have got a sharper more brighter finish on it now. I like the looks of them. And will be fun to follow your experience with the different cquartz coatings.

/Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Great looking you got your car Guz! Could be a lighting thing but looks like you have got a sharper more brighter finish on it now. I like the looks of them. And will be fun to follow your experience with the different cquartz coatings.

/Tony
    Thanks. I have to say that Essence added that extra pop to the paint. It brought out the gloss more so than the last time I coated it.

It will be fun to watch how the coatings behave over the next year.

I do have a mark on the roof from the tape line. The coatings did add a think enough layer to be felt with the finger.

Also only using Ech2o as a drying aid during this while time for maintenance upkeep.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! I always like how Essence and a Gloss Pad really amps up the shine. I don’t normally let Essence set up overnight, I may give this method a try. I’m usually a little tired after polishing anyway, it couldn’t hurt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Looks great! I always like how Essence and a Gloss Pad really amps up the shine. I don’t normally let Essence set up overnight, I may give this method a try. I’m usually a little tired after polishing anyway, it couldn’t hurt.
    Thanks. I think you will like letting Essence set up overnight. I even read guys on the facebook group leaving Essence on the paint overnight and wiping it the next day. I just wipe it off and let it set up. It feels slicker the next day as it has started to cure. Like yourself I need a break. If I was in a time crunch then I would just prep wipe and coat.

Thread Information