Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Klasse Sealant Glaze - Yet another layer

This stuff is definitely addicting ... or is it the OCD making me put more coats on? LOL I` m up to about 4 now, with no signs of stopping my weekly wash/applications.

Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Klasse Sealant Glaze - Yet another layer

Lookin’ good!
    Thanks Don thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

yep, a clean, shiny car is a happy car.

Post Thanks / Like

Your car looks great. I have 4 on mine too and still tempted to put more. I decided to go with Collinite 845 as my last coat. I have a question. Did you reuse the pad or used new one after it has been dried?
    The result caused the addiction

Post Thanks / Like

Don, In the annals of KSG, you my friend are barely a rookie. The clear winner here is Accumulator whom, to this day I believe, declares that KSG is the cats meow - if you apply 23 coats. While I have no reason to doubt him, I`ve never used it. Was always too exhausted just from reading his description.
    Likes Stokdgs, acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E-Jag View Post
    ..[then there is].. Accumulator whom, to this day I believe, declares that KSG is the cats meow - if you apply 23 coats. While I have no reason to doubt him, I`ve never used it. Was always too exhausted just from reading his description.
    Close Four is the minimum I`d ever do and I generally stopped at six, though I`d add another as needed if/when something changed.

Though now that I`m all about FK1000P I only use the KSG when I need that "plastic-like barrier" version of a sacrificial layer (so these days it`s only on glossy exterior plastics).

Don- If you do go past six, I`d be curious as to any perceived benefit.

tyltan- I`m very curious about why you`d apply 845 to multiple layers of KSG. There`s no way I`d want to start over from scratch after the 845 dies off.

I`m assuming that post-cleanup there`s very little KSG left in the pad, so I`d see no reason not to reuse it (well, unless that assumption`s wrong). My KSG applicator pad, which still appears new, is still the one I was using back in the `90s when I used KSG all the time, but that`s just me and I`m awfully fanatical about using minimal product.

If it`s stiff after repriming with product then I`d use a new one, but gee...at that point you`d be throwing away both the applicator and enough KSG to do a lot...hmm.

Eh, guess if there`s any doubt maybe you oughta just use a new one. I find myself wondering "how can he tell it`s been used before?"
    Likes Don liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

tyltan- I`m very curious about why you`d apply 845 to multiple layers of KSG. There`s no way I`d want to start over from scratch after the 845 dies off.

I`m assuming that post-cleanup there`s very little KSG left in the pad, so I`d see no reason not to reuse it (well, unless that assumption`s wrong). My KSG applicator pad, which still appears new, is still the one I was using back in the `90s when I used KSG all the time, but that`s just me and I`m awfully fanatical about using minimal product.

If it`s stiff after repriming with product then I`d use a new one, but gee...at that point you`d be throwing away both the applicator and enough KSG to do a lot...hmm.

Eh, guess if there`s any doubt maybe you oughta just use a new one. I find myself wondering "how can he tell it`s been used before?"
    I did some "research" and read the forums. It`s been widely recommended 845 for the final top of Klasse Glaze for more "pop/wet" look. I did but I couldn`t tell the different. May be my eyes. I need to visit my eye doctor again. BTW, I reused my pad too.
    Likes Don liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tyltan View Post
    Your car looks great. I have 4 on mine too and still tempted to put more. I decided to go with Collinite 845 as my last coat. I have a question. Did you reuse the pad or used new one after it has been dried?
    I reuse the same pad. I put an old MF cloth over it, so air can get to it and maybe not mold and so dust & other crap doesn`t settle on it between coats. It shows no signs of `stiffening up,` or getting dirty, so I`ll use it until something makes me switch to a new one. BTW, this WAS a "new applicator" when I started layering the Klasse Sealant Glaze.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tyltan View Post
    I did some "research" and read the forums. It`s been widely recommended 845 for the final top of Klasse Glaze for more "pop/wet" look. I did but I couldn`t tell the different. May be my eyes. I need to visit my eye doctor again. BTW, I reused my pad too.
    OK, I can *KINDA* see the idea of wanting more "wet" than KSG, which I do generally think looks pretty blah when viewed from a hair-splitting/navel-gazing perspective. Still, I`d MUCH rather be able to add another coat/application now and then so no topping for me.

I did try topping it with M16 and Souveran (once each) and although I did notice an improvement, it wasn`t worth giving up the ability to add more (to me).

tyltan & Don- Glad the pad was still usable, indicates you didn`t go way overboard with the product IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E-Jag View Post
    Don, In the annals of KSG, you my friend are barely a rookie. The clear winner here is Accumulator whom, to this day I believe, declares that KSG is the cats meow - if you apply 23 coats. While I have no reason to doubt him, I`ve never used it. Was always too exhausted just from reading his description.
    Not trying to hijack in any way, but were any of you Klasse guys ever a fan of Liquid Glass LG-100? I bought this when I started my detailing craziness a few years ago. The 23 coats reminds me of some of the stories I would read about LG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Not trying to hijack in any way, but were any of you Klasse guys ever a fan of Liquid Glass LG-100? I bought this when I started my detailing craziness a few years ago. The 23 coats reminds me of some of the stories I would read about LG.
    Many moons ago, then I found better/longer lasting products that weren`t as "finicky."
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the LG (only on sideview mirrors, easy to fix when my fears were confirmed) at the insistence of the guy who built my last `vette ("and then top with Souveran" even) and I found it, uhm...unsatisfactory. So much so that I honestly don`t understand why anybody uses the stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I tried the LG (only on sideview mirrors, easy to fix when my fears were confirmed) at the insistence of the guy who built my last `vette ("and then top with Souveran" even) and I found it, uhm...unsatisfactory. So much so that I honestly don`t understand why anybody uses the stuff.
    I found LG to be nothing really special, but based on its reviews on Amazon, it appears to have quite the following. I recall it being fairly easy to apply and wipe off. To me, the look was blah, like a Nu Finish or something... looked clean but didn’t stand out in any way. I never got a chance to test longevity, more than a month or so.

What did you specifically not like about it Accumulator/Don? The looks? Durability? Application? Other?

Post Thanks / Like

I still have 1/3 of LG left. I might re-visit it again in the future. I am not sure how I feel about it. I bought it due to Amazon review but it didn`t "wow" me.
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I found LG to be nothing really special, but based on its reviews on Amazon, it appears to have quite the following..
    Heh heh...[INSERT snarky comment about assumptions of quality based on "popularity" HERE]

What did you specifically not like about it Accumulator/Don? The looks? Durability? Application? Other?
    Admitting that it`s a bit hard to remember a one-time experiment on a sideview mirror from 20 years ago....*IIRC* it slightly diminished the gloss that I`d spent so long achieving, didn`t add anything of benefit at all and wan`t as user-friendly as other stuff I was used to. Seemed like "just another crappy LSP for people who aren`t discerning" to me.

That was back when I was doing multiple applications of Autoglym Super Resin Polish before topping with paste wax; you could *tell* that the SRP was "doing something good" such as added slickness and/but I could *not* discern that from the LG. It sure wasn`t adding a thick build-film the way KSG does, no matter what the ad-copy said about "a layer of protection". Comparing the sideview I did with LG and the one I`d done with SRP I liked the SRP better..enough so that I repolished and reLSPed the LG side.
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information