Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 Colorado and FK1000p.

Fishroes -

I use a small putty knife, grab a little bit and dab it on the pad a few places - as if dotting a liquid polish or LSP. Seems to work well for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have done that in the past and should have this time. I cut out a knife shape utensil out of an ice cream pale lid(didn`t want to use a good knife). I would just scrape out a tiny bit out of the tin and smear it around the pad. Because it is kind of heavy at first on the pad I would start in the middle of my area I was working and work across the starting spot and spread it out in the area. If I decide to put a second coat on next weekend I will likely use the machine.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Once you transfer it to the pad (putty knife, whatever) and rub the pad together to evenly distribute it, I`d try to scrape out any excess.

Oh, wait...didn`t I already post that? Like a zillion times Sorry, couldn`t resist saying it again since it works so well for me.

It`s easy to get even distribution with plenty of product, but that can lead to application/buffing issues. So I get a lot on there, distribute it very well (without just forcing it down into the foam applicatior), and then try to get as much back off/out of the applicator.

skibik- Be careful things don`t go sideways due to the machine Hope that makes it easier instead of harder.

Post Thanks / Like

Sir Accumulator, would you mind contacting FK to see if they will put FK1000 in a liquid form that doesn’t stain trim. That would be nice

Post Thanks / Like

Fishroes- Heh heh, I wish they *would* cater to my whims Yeah.."make your version of 845 or KSG as you did with your version of M16". I`d sure like that..

They used to have a liquid that was supposedly All That, but one ingredient became NA and that was the end of it.

Post Thanks / Like

About the trim. I should have, but didn`t tape up the trim. I sometimes forgo this step and have noticed if you can wipe it off the plastic as soon as you notice it and before it cures I don`t seem to have a problem. I did have a few spots I missed though. I will get around to trying GG wax remover and see if that works.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

171014_0001.jpg
    Caught this one a few months ago in a showroom. I drooled.....
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    2017 Colorado and FK1000p.-171014_0001.jpg
    Caught this one a few months ago in a showroom. I drooled.....
    Wrong color!
    Dean.
    Likes PA DETAILER liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new truck! It looks really nice!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Congrats on the new truck! It looks really nice!
    Thank You!
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Dean, What are impressions so far of the Colorado? Ride, features etc...
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

skibik- Eh, I never tape trim when LSPing. I bet you`ll avoid the "oops!" next time...maybe just wipe it when you do the panel whether it needs it or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Dean, What are impressions so far of the Colorado? Ride, features etc...
    I am a big guy and the seats are not quite as comfortable as the Camaro, they could be a little wider. I have put about 350 miles on it now, 300 of that was the trip from where I purchased it. The ride is not bad, better than the Camaro of course. It is an Lt(4LT I think). It has close to the same things as the Camaro(LT) and it does have a power drivers seat but has one less move on it, I could lift the front of the seat on the Camaro, this just has height and the tilt on the seat back is manual so GM has gotten cheap when it comes to power seats.. Passenger seat is all manual. No CD player but it has My Link and I have a low profile USB storage device with around 1800 songs on it as I don`t care for XM. I have yet to learn all the things it does. Has a lot more things in the drivers info center than I care for and can see someone getting into an accident playing with all the items on that and the radio and getting distracted. The one major annoying thing so far is the parking brake is the old style foot brake and the front of my ankle hits it when I stretch out my left leg. I seem to have cured that somewhat by moving the seat back a little further than needed so my leg misses it. Should be electronic like most vehicles these days or at least a hand parking brake since it ahs a center console. It is the V6, same motor as the Camaro with a little less horsepower but still gets up and goes though. I have never owned a 4X4 so this will be a change this winter. Not used to looking down onto the highway. I bought it so it would be easier to get in and out of but I swear the truck is getting higher every time I get into it. I parked farther away in lots when I had the car(due to the 5 or 6 foot door) and still do but it is easier finding parking spots now. I had plenty of leg room in the Camaro but this seems to have more and for a change I don`t have to run the seat back all the way(I am just shy of 6`). MPG is a little hard to get used to going from 28+ in the summer to about 20 in the first fill up but that included 80+ down the freeway on the way back and the instant MPG monitor was at 13 at times. The other kind of annoying thing is the 8 speed trans, when I was on the freeway on small hills it does a lot of shifting, hence the mileage down to 13. The Camaro weighed in at 4000 lbs and don`t think this weighs much more so I don`t understand why an 8 speed tranny when the Camaro had a 6 speed auto. I am guessing the idea is better MPG. I just filled up the first tank the other day and ran to town(26 miles round trip) and think it was running around 24 MPG. I am hoping at least 18 in the winter and anything over 24 is a plus in the summer. This truck seems to have as many blind spots and the only difference is that it has a back up camera which helps. Where I have the seat I am kind of lined up with the door post so that doesn`t help for vision. Last but not least I don`t think this is that much wider than the Camaro but it is longer of course and I can`t judge distance very well in the front so I am barely getting it in the garage. Too much room up front and barely getting the door closed. I put a small brick on the floor to hit and thought I missed it the other day as I thought I was getting too close to the wall in front, ended up I still was about a foot short of the brick. I will have to find a tennis ball to hang from the ceiling and try that method.
    Dean.
    Likes PA DETAILER liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information