Post Thanks / Like

Super busy. Some recent jobs. Porsche, Audi, Mini cooper S

This time of year is crazy busy for me so I`m just going to post a few of my recent jobs.

2014 Porsche 911 Carerra S.

Full interior detail, minor correction, IGL Premier sealant. Interior got Mckees 70/30 leather shampoo, Mckees total interior cleaner and carpet/upholstry cleaner

2010 50th Anniversary Mayfair edition Mini Cooper S

This was owned by the same people as the 911. Great little car. Got the same treatment. Just a nice full detail with some minor correction. A long list of Mckees products were used on this job. Foaming wheel cleaner gel, Gloss tire gel, Plastic trim restorer, 10 min paint sealant, 70/30 leather shampoo, total interior cleaner, carpet upholstery cleaner,

2015 Audi Q5. Another full detail with some minor correction just like the others. This got a one step with Menzerna PF2500 with a microfiber cutting pad. Then topped with IGL Premier. Interior got the same treatment as the others listed.

Then another Mini Cooper S convertible that is factory tuned by John Cooper Works. Pretty neat car. This was in for a full lineup of coatings. Full wheels off service with igl wheel coating, IGL Kenzo on the paint and plastic trim, IGL leather coating on the seats. This had some issues with phantom water spotting that kept reappearing in the sun. I had to heat cycle the hood to bring them to the surface then polish it, set it back outside in the sun and see if they would reappear then polish again. I repeated this process 4 times until they were gone.

50/50 leather coating shots

All finished

IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Super busy. Some recent jobs. Porsche, Audi, Mini cooper S

Nice Work, they all look awesome. Couple Questions concerning the Q5 paint.

Did you try polishing with anything less aggressive before stepping to PF2500 for the minor correction? I recently tried a minor correction on my silver A5, using Optimum Hyper Polish and then Optimum Hyper Compound on their microfiber pads. I could not get that paint to budge. I already knew that reading various threads, it seems like Menzerna`s formula is the best option for hard European clear coats, but I was shocked that the Hyper Compound did not make a dent.

Given that the A5 is my own vehicle, would you recommend just the PF2500 as a one step, or to get additional refinement, followup with SF3500 or SF3800?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Macmasdad View Post
    Nice Work, they all look awesome. Couple Questions concerning the Q5 paint.

Did you try polishing with anything less aggressive before stepping to PF2500 for the minor correction? I recently tried a minor correction on my silver A5, using Optimum Hyper Polish and then Optimum Hyper Compound on their microfiber pads. I could not get that paint to budge. I already knew that reading various threads, it seems like Menzerna`s formula is the best option for hard European clear coats, but I was shocked that the Hyper Compound did not make a dent.

Given that the A5 is my own vehicle, would you recommend just the PF2500 as a one step, or to get additional refinement, followup with SF3500 or SF3800?

Thanks in advance.
    On this particular Q5 pf2500 was perfect. I didn`t feel it needed refinement but a darker color it most likely would have needed some refining.

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Nice stuff.

STAY BUSY MAKE $$$$

Long winter ahead
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow this before an after is amazing. Didn`t even know swirling could get that bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Nice stuff.

STAY BUSY MAKE $$$$

Long winter ahead
    Thanks Ron. Hopefully not too long!

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    Wow this before an after is amazing. Didn`t even know swirling could get that bad.

Thanks bud. Yeah piano black trim can get pretty bad.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Justin !
    Congrats on all this beautiful, detailed, perfect, work !!!
    I am so proud of you !!!

All of the Interiors - World Class !!!
    Same for the paintwork !

Did you find as I did, that all MINI Coopers are a LOT of work inside the car ?? Wow - for such a small car, there are so many different places to do something to..
    You Killed them all !

Thank you for all of that and then posting up such beautiful pics..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Justin !
    Congrats on all this beautiful, detailed, perfect, work !!!
    I am so proud of you !!!

All of the Interiors - World Class !!!
    Same for the paintwork !

Did you find as I did, that all MINI Coopers are a LOT of work inside the car ?? Wow - for such a small car, there are so many different places to do something to..
    You Killed them all !

Thank you for all of that and then posting up such beautiful pics..
    Dan F
    Thanks Dan! Ya know I actually did think the same thing on the Mini Cooper interior. It`s very deceiving.

Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Justin:
    I am going to ask the "uneducated" question about the "phantom water spotting" on the hood of the Mini Cooper S as to WHY heat would cause them to re-appear.
    You said you have to heat-cycle the hood 4 TIMES in the sun and re-polish each time. This is a "strange phenomena", and wonder if this unique to the paint of BMW/Mini Cooper or may happen in all vehicles.

Maybe I missed it in the write up, but what did you clean the wheels on the Mini S with to remove the brake dust/road grime? McKee`s Foaming Wheel Cleaning Gel??
    I ask because it seems like you`ve used a lot of McKee`s 37 products and they must work well for you or you would not use them as extensively as you do in your detailing

AND, as always, the vacuum striping marks on the carpeting and carpeted floor mats are a dead give-away of your trademark detailing workmanship.

Thanks for posting your pics!! I always look forward to your posts with pictures.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Justin:
    I am going to ask the "uneducated" question about the "phantom water spotting" on the hood of the Mini Cooper S as to WHY heat would cause them to re-appear.
    You said you have to heat-cycle the hood 4 TIMES in the sun and re-polish each time. This is a "strange phenomena", and wonder if this unique to the paint of BMW/Mini Cooper or may happen in all vehicles.

Maybe I missed it in the write up, but what did you clean the wheels on the Mini S with to remove the brake dust/road grime? McKee`s Foaming Wheel Cleaning Gel??
    I ask because it seems like you`ve used a lot of McKee`s 37 products and they must work well for you or you would not use them as extensively as you do in your detailing

AND, as always, the vacuum striping marks on the carpeting and carpeted floor mats are a dead give-away of your trademark detailing workmanship.

Thanks for posting your pics!! I always look forward to your posts with pictures.

No such thing as a uneducated question! This was my first time experiencing this but have seen it happen to others. Some water spots and chemical staining can penetrate far into the pores of the clear coat. When you do your compounding they appear to be fully removed. But when exposed to IR light or direct sunlight the pores in the paint swell and bring the stains back to the surface. It took about 4 times doing this with leaving the car outside 20-30 minutes each time before I got it taken care of. Each time I could tell I was making progress as there was less and less spots coming back each time.

The worst part was It didn`t happen the first time until right before the clients came to pick up the Mini as I had coated it the day before but due to inclement weather I had to leave it indoors. So when the showed up the vehicle had only been outside for about 30min and I couldn`t believe what happened! The clients left the vehicle and came back later in the afternoon. I was pissed!

As for the wheel cleaner. Yes Mckees foaming wheel cleaner gel knocked them out! I don`t make bold claims very often but this hands down is the best wheel cleaner I have ever used. I buy it in cases of 4 single gallons at once. This stuff takes care of wheels with sometimes using a dedicated iron remover gets the remaining particles.

Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great work. You`ll definitely stay busy with results like that.

Do you dilute the McKees wheel cleaner at all?
    How does the leather feel with that coating? Is it slick at all?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by someidiot View Post
    Great work. You`ll definitely stay busy with results like that.

Do you dilute the McKees wheel cleaner at all?
    How does the leather feel with that coating? Is it slick at all?
    Thanks bud. Busy is a understatement right now lol. Nope the Mckees wheels cleaner is straight out of the bottle. The leather feels nice, not slick or greasy at all.

Thread Information