Post Thanks / Like

Klasse Sealant Glaze - the results

Well, I decided to go ahead and use the KSG on the Camaro and use the PC to apply it.

I started with using a severely watered-down mix of D115 to dampen a foam polishing pad after a few panels, there was enough KSG in the pad that reapplying the D115 to the pad wasn`t necessary.

Well, the wife decided she wanted to get fresh corn on the cob, so I hurried up a bit and ended up applying it a bit heavily. I let it set up for about 3 hours before attempting to buff it off.

Seeing as how many people have said that they use a wet/damp cloth to remove the haze and a dry cloth to buff the remainder, I used a mf cloth, WET with the diluted D115, but not dripping wet followed by a clean, dry microfiber to buff the damp residue.

Granted, applying the KSG so thick created extra work, but it was only one extra step, instead of just buffing off the residue, I had to wet wipe the residue, THEN dry buff the remains. As it turns out, it was worth it, the car looks great (except for the hood- IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT, which is a repaint and is VERY soft and scratches easily), and it`s slick as heck.

Anyway, words are one thing, and it didn`t happen if there aren`t pics, so ...

Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes rlmccarty2000, ernman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Klasse Sealant Glaze - the results

Nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Thanks Don thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have found the best results in looks and durability at 3 coats. I found that it intensifies the gloss and shine.

I would be be interested in your thoughts if you would try it on just your hood or trunk.
    Likes Don liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don- You`ve heard all my KSG stuff before But I did want to chime in and say how glad I am that it went OK.

FWIW, with a really thick application, waiting even longer oughta help with the buff off. When I laid it on so thick it was like a dummy`s paste wax application, it still came off fine...after a few days.

TroyScherer- You`re lucky that you can get by with 3 coats. While the appearance leveled off around that for me, I needed more to get good (my version) durability.
    Likes Don, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I experimented on a few spots with different techniques and when I figured out to use the "wet wipe" method immediately followed by the dry buff working a section at a time, I knew I had it. Even with as thick as it was in some places, it "wet wiped" off fairly easily, and the dry buff was effortless.

When I pulled it out into the sun to check everything, I found that I had missed a few areas (of course), but a quick mist with the (watered down) D115 followed by a dry buff and no more issues.

I usually only have one day a week I can do things to my car, so next Saturday, I might try Troy`s suggestion and put another (much lighter) coat of KSG on.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Don- You`ve heard all my KSG stuff before But I did want to chime in and say how glad I am that it went OK.

FWIW, with a really thick application, waiting even longer oughta help with the buff off. When I laid it on so thick it was like a dummy`s paste wax application, it still came off fine...after a few days.

TroyScherer- You`re lucky that you can get by with 3 coats. While the appearance leveled off around that for me, I needed more to get good (my version) durability.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

OH YEAH, I forgot that I used the same wet cloth to wipe down my windows (in & out) that I wet-wiped the KSG residue with and then dry-buffed the glass.

They came out perfect. Even with the rising sun directly shining in through the windows, there were no streaks or smears ... makes me wonder if I hit on a new glass-cleaning method. A lot of D115 (lite), some KSG residue followed by a dry-buff. I had used a generic, short nap microfiber for the wet wipe and a brand new but washed Meguiar`s Supreme Shine microfiber (the ones they give you with a can of Ultimate Fast Finish) for the dry buff ....

... I might just leave the KSG/D115 microfiber be and just re-wet it the next time I do my windows.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Don- That all sounds good!

And yeah, over time I`d get as many layers as possible on there. Maybe you`ll do OK with just the three or so, time will tell if you`ll need as many as I did for *your* version of durability.

And, heh heh...I`m always envious of you guys who can do that kind of thing on glass! I simply can`t get what I want that way...sigh...

Post Thanks / Like

I`m so OCD, that unless I get the Gyeon CanCoat soon, there will be about a dozen coats on there by fall. As for the glass, after driving around yesterday with differing angles of the sun, there are still a few spots that need re-buffed or lightly gone over with Invisible Glass to get rid of a few smears, but otherwise the visibility through the windows is great.

Don- That all sounds good!

And yeah, over time I`d get as many layers as possible on there. Maybe you`ll do OK with just the three or so, time will tell if you`ll need as many as I did for *your* version of durability.

And, heh heh...I`m always envious of you guys who can do that kind of thing on glass! I simply can`t get what I want that way...sigh...
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I`m so OCD, that unless I get the Gyeon CanCoat soon, there will be about a dozen coats on there by fall..
    That would probably be sufficient

Post Thanks / Like

That would probably be sufficient
    Always found 14 coats to be the right number.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Always found 14 coats to be the right number.

LOL

I actually mix KSG and the Sonus spray sealant at 50/50 to make a super spray sealant. I use to use it post wash weekly and could apply multiple layers quickly to continue to build protection like Accumulator was suggesting.

Thread Information