Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Bought the wife a 2015 Mazda 6. Had to give it the treatment

So a couple of weeks ago we finally bought my wife a nicer commuter seeing she drives about 500 miles a week for work. Her 2000 Grand Prix GT was tired and I was just plain through with putting money into it. In enters my buddy who works for a large dealership chain doing the online stuff. I told him our needs, budget etc and he highly suggested we look at the newer Mazda 6.

Sure enough a couple days later my wife found one at his place that was the color she wanted, with a host of factory options and most important in our budget. We went over and test drove it and it`s been a long time since I have been in a Mazda and let me tell you it was light years ahead of what I remember. Nicely done interior with black leather. Bluetooth, blind spot monitoring, factory 19 in alloys and get this 40+ MPG!!!!

Upon initial inspection my inner detailer came out and I noticed a ton of stuff but I had to tell myself this is a 40k mile used car and will be getting driven 500+ miles a week into the city and not to expect a garage queen! Interior was mint which was nice. Exterior has a few things such as curb rash on the wheels and some etched in tree sap stains that can`t be fixed without repaint. The front bumper was the worst and I told the sales manager that`s the only thing that really bothers me and I want it fixed. He totally agreed and we struck a deal and a few days later took delivery of it.

With the bumper being fixed the rest of the nose was in good shape so we both agreed that we would be bringing to my buddies shop for Xpel Ultimate PPF on the full hood, bumper, headlights and partial fenders. I would be correcting and coating the rest of the car.

Things had to be done in stages over a couple of days between other jobs. First up was the wheels.

Prepped with Mckees foaming wheel cleaner gel and IGL Iron remover and Goof off for tar removal. Then they were sprayed with a healthy coat of IGL wheel coating on the faces and barrels. Tires dressed with Mckees gloss tire gel.

Probably before the winter I will spend some time and coat the inner wheel liners and suspension areas.

A couple days later I tackled the paint.

Thorough wash and decon with Hyper wash, nanoskin handy towel and IGL Iron.

Correction- Mckees FC-717, Boss microfiber cutting pad, Rupes Duetto/ Adams swirl killer mini

Finishing polish- Hyper polish, Rupes Yellow pad, Rupes Duetto/Adams swirl killer mini

I also polished and coated the glass. I used IGL Glass+ for polishing/prep then IGL window for coating.

Before

After

For LSP I used IGL Kenzo premium 4 yr coating. I coated everything but where we will be getting the Xpel put on and will be coating over that once it comes back in another day or so.

Yes the rear bumper looks a shade off but it definitely hasn`t been sprayed that I could tell.

IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bought the wife a 2015 Mazda 6. Had to give it the treatment

Looks awesome as always and congrats on her new wheels. Let me know in a few weeks what she thinks of it my wife is going to look at leasing through her business Either a Mazda6, Mazda X5, Camary, Accord, trying to talk her into looking at a few hot hatch type cars (Elantra GT, Golf GTI, few others).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    Looks awesome as always and congrats on her new wheels. Let me know in a few weeks what she thinks of it my wife is going to look at leasing through her business Either a Mazda6, Mazda X5, Camary, Accord, trying to talk her into looking at a few hot hatch type cars (Elantra GT, Golf GTI, few others).
    Thanks bud. It`s been a couple of weeks and she absolutely loves it. It`s peppy, tight steering and comfortable. Best of all pretty budget friendly.

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes trashmanssd, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

That is probably the best looking 2015 Mazda 6 on the road. I really like what Mazda has done lately. The CX9 (Big SUV) is really nice, was in the final 2 when looking for my wife (hard to bear a HEMI). If they would just build a `sporty` version of the CX-5 (put the Mazda 6 engine or the CX-9 engine in it), I could see myself in that as my next car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jatleson View Post
    That is probably the best looking 2015 Mazda 6 on the road. I really like what Mazda has done lately. The CX9 (Big SUV) is really nice, was in the final 2 when looking for my wife (hard to bear a HEMI). If they would just build a `sporty` version of the CX-5 (put the Mazda 6 engine of the CX-9 engine in it), I could see myself in that as my next car.

I agree with this 100%

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done.
    Great choice in vehicle. May she be safe and ENJOY!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! Love Mazda`s. I have a 09 mazda 3 hatch and its so reliable. 200,000KMs and still going strong with just its regular maintenance and some TLC.

Post Thanks / Like

Justins00ss- Hey, great job. And I`m really glad your wife`s so happy with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Picking back up today after having the Xpel Ultimate Paint protection film installed.

Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice work on the car. Especially the wheels. The paint looks great, I like the color. I really like the styling of the Mazda 6. In my opinion one of the best looking sedans in the segment. I`d love to see this car with a twin-turbo six. 350-400hp!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailng View Post
    Very nice work on the car. Especially the wheels. The paint looks great, I like the color. I really like the styling of the Mazda 6. In my opinion one of the best looking sedans in the segment. I`d love to see this car with a twin-turbo six. 350-400hp!
    With the addition of AWD!
    Likes jatleson, LEDetailng liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Justins00ss- Q for you, as best you can tell, does that have the Ultra-thin paint that some other Mazdas do?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Justins00ss- Q for you, as best you can tell, does that have the Ultra-thin paint that some other Mazdas do?
    Couldn`t tell TBH.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great. Nice job and I hope you both use it in the best of health. 40 mpg. Is that a 4 or. 6 cyl ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justins00ss View Post
    Couldn`t tell [about paint thickness] TBH.
    Heh heh, maybe that`s a good sign

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information