Post Thanks / Like

C6 Corvette gets Mckees 37 FC-717 !

So I was sent a bottle of the Mckees 37 FC-717 swirl remover to test out. It just so happens I got a call from my local GM performance shop Slowhawk performance. Along with doing the work on my GTO he is responsible for some of the fastest GM vehicles in the northeast.

That being said I do work for him on occasion. This time it was a blue c6 Corvette that he just finished doing a full motor, blower and fuel system build on after being in another shop for two years collecting overspray and contaminates and a bad engine build.

He asked if I could come down and just get it looking decent without going nuts.

Rinseless wash with N914.

Overspray removal with nanoskin medium grade pad, mother`s speed clay and goof off graffiti remover.

I figured Mckees FC 717 would be a good choice to add some gloss and correction in one step. And it delivered great! I settled on Rupes yellow pad on my G21. I tried a green Rupes pad and it offered more correction but wasn leaving a bit of marring. The Rupes yellow pad was a good compromise. Then I sealed it with High Def Paint Sealant. Overall it was a big difference and will suffice until a full correction is done.

IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes nickclark08, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: C6 Corvette gets Mckees 37 FC-717 !

Nice!!!!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work!! Love the color....

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

nice work as always and congrats on having power today to up load your write up. just got my power back at home and its still out at my shop in bridgewater.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    nice work as always and congrats on having power today to up load your write up. just got my power back at home and its still out at my shop in bridgewater.
    Thanks bud. Unfortunately Rochester Ma and surrounding areas are still without power. Thankfully my neighbor has a generator running so we hung at his house most of the day. I uploaded from my phone. We got hit hard around here. Of course I have a full schedule of work to figure out. I most likely will be borrowing a 8800w generator for a bit.

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Justins00ss:
    The blue Corvette looks fine just the way it is. Thank you for sharing your process and experience on Mckee37`s new offering, FC-717 Swirl Remover. I learn a lot from your write-ups!

I will ask the question of what a "full correction" entails IF you were to do one for this particular vehicle (the proverbial "inquiring minds what to know"....)??

Hope you get back to "normal" soon after your Nor`ester weather-related disaster. I think someone else talked about NOT connecting/wiring an electric generator into your residential wiring panel without first disconnecting the breakers at the outside power box where the lines come in as this can pose a REAL electrocution hazard for power line workers trying to restore power on the electrical distribution grid.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Justins00ss:
    The blue Corvette looks fine just the way it is. Thank you for sharing your process and experience on Mckee37`s new offering, FC-717 Swirl Remover. I learn a lot from your write-ups!

I will ask the question of what a "full correction" entails IF you were to do one for this particular vehicle (the proverbial "inquiring minds what to know"....)??

Hope you get back to "normal" soon after your Nor`ester weather-related disaster. I think someone else talked about NOT connecting/wiring an electric generator into your residential wiring panel without first disconnecting the breakers at the outside power box where the lines come in as this can pose a REAL electrocution hazard for power line workers trying to restore power on the electrical distribution grid.

Thanks for the kind words. There are a fair amount of RIDS left and I didn`t go crazy around edges or mouldings or spoilers. The rear bumper especially needs some heavy compounding. Most likely some rotary work. Same goes for around the hood vents. Don`t get me wrong the car looked way better but could be better lol.

As for the generator I wouldn`t be using it to back feed the house. Just to power my equipment to detail the jobs I have lined up.

Likes Lonnie, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Huge difference, nice work

Thread Information