Post Thanks / Like

Double Header Porsche 997 Cabriolet and CTSV!!!

So with the cold weather soon upon us I have been cramming in the work this month. This week I had a 2008 Porsche 997 Cabriolet in navy blue metallic and a black diamond tri coat 2013 Cadillac CTSV. Both in for correction and coatings.

First up the Porsche 997. A very nice gentleman came to me wanting his toy all cleaned up as he had just purchased it towards the end of the summer and the previous owner did a lack luster job with proper car care. No worries I will get it straightened out. Due to the typical softer paint that Porsches are known for this thing had swirls, rids, water marks and everything in between but underneath all of that was nice blue metallic paint waiting to get out!

Wash/Decon:

Hyper wash, 2BM, Mothers speed clay, Mckees Extreme iron remover

Wheels/Tires:

Sonax wheel cleaner +, LATA, Hydro blue, Hyper dressing (wells), Mckees Gloss Tire Gel

Correction:

Boss G21, Boss microfiber cutting pad with M205 in most areas. M100 in worse areas. Finish polished with M205 and Rupes Yellow pad. I know it seems a bit odd to use M205 for both cutting and polishing but this combo works wonders. Especially with the softer paint I feel unless its necessary then a heavy compound isn`t needed. Adams swirl killer mini and Rupes Nano were also used with different size pads.

LSP:

IGL Poly for paint

Fabric top- IGL Fabric coating

Leather seats- cleaned with Mckees 70/30 leather shampoo and coated with Mckees Leather sealant.

Next up was a 2013 CTSV which I have a soft spot for. My buddy also just purchased this car at the end of the summer and contacted me after he noticed how swirled out this black diamond tri coat paint looked in the sun. This was good timing as I wanted to test out Carpro new clearcut compound. I did some messing around with it and found on this paint that my G21 with a Rupes green pad could cut and finish almost perfectly in one step. There was very minimal hazing that ended up getting taken care of with a Rupes yellow pad and 205. I also did a bunch of the car with my normal G21/Boss microfiber and clearcut and it worked awesome and fast! It did haze a little so a follow up with M205 and Rupes yellow was needed. Overall I see this compound being a permanent fixture in my arsenal of compounds and polishes.

Wash/Decon:

Hyper wash, 2BM, Mothers speed clay, Mckees Extreme iron remover

Wheels/Tires:

Sonax wheel cleaner +, LATA, Hydro blue, Hyper dressing (wells), Mckees Gloss Tire Gel

LSP:

IGL Kenzo on the paint

Interior received a thorough cleaning with Mckees total interior cleaner, Mckees 70/30 leather shampoo, IGL dash, Mckees carpet and upholstery cleaner.

IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Double Header Porsche 997 Cabriolet and CTSV!!!

Good work Justin. Both of those cars really pop!!!
    Likes The Driver, Justins00ss liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work.

Just in time to freeze.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Justins00ss liked this post
    Thanks Justins00ss thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

POP! That flake is awesome!

You killed it! I love working with Porsche paint.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.
    Likes Justins00ss liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NLove View Post
    Good work Justin. Both of those cars really pop!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Nice work.

Just in time to freeze.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    POP! That flake is awesome!

You killed it! I love working with Porsche paint.
    Thanks gent`s. The owner of the V actually just texted me saying that he can`t believe how much the flake pops! And that he had like 10 people stop him today. Haha.

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes Ronkh, NLove, Stokdgs, trashmanssd liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Justin !!!
    Wow - Beautiful, Detailed, Perfect, Work !!!!

Loved the process and products you used; Have you ever tried out Optimum Hyper-Polish ? It also works great and keeps cutting until you stop pressing down and lighten up to polish.. Also another 1-stepper on some paintwork - especially Acura paintwork...

That Black car - holy cow !!! Incredible flake pop !!! Beautiful, just beautiful !

Thanks for all that hard work you did for those guys and us..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Justin !!!
    Wow - Beautiful, Detailed, Perfect, Work !!!!

Loved the process and products you used; Have you ever tried out Optimum Hyper-Polish ? It also works great and keeps cutting until you stop pressing down and lighten up to polish.. Also another 1-stepper on some paintwork - especially Acura paintwork...

That Black car - holy cow !!! Incredible flake pop !!! Beautiful, just beautiful !

Thanks for all that hard work you did for those guys and us..
    Dan F
    Hey Dan! Glad to have you back.

As a matter of fact I did add hyper polish to my aresnal this season and glad I did! That`s my other go too polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding results!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great work on 2 very cool cars. I don`t know which one I would rather drive.

Post Thanks / Like

Those were both just awful! Exceptionally nice restoration times two.

Post Thanks / Like

justins00ss:
    Every time I see LATA in your write-ups, I HAVE to remind myself that it is L.A. Totally Awesome (Yes, the multi-purpose cleaner from Dollar General) and we`ve talked about using this a cost-effective cleaner on wheel wells.
    I also must commend you on your "eclectic" use of different products/chemicals from many car-care chemical manufactures and the end result, as pictured in this thread speaks for itself.
    The fact that the CTS-V owner has had other individuals comment on his car`s appearance speaks volumes about your detailing abilities. A client/customer vehicle`s impeccable and obviously noticeable appearance is the best advertising you can have. ( I still would give the customer some business cards to pass out if they feel so inclined. Never hurts to have word-of-mouth advertising from current, satisfied customers that lead to possible future (and hopefully paying) customers.)

Are IGL car-care product available to the general detailing enthusiast/public and where can you buy them from, if so, OR are they only available to select authorized detailers??
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    justins00ss:
    Every time I see LATA in your write-ups, I HAVE to remind myself that it is L.A. Totally Awesome (Yes, the multi-purpose cleaner from Dollar General) and we`ve talked about using this a cost-effective cleaner on wheel wells.
    I also must commend you on your "eclectic" use of different products/chemicals from many car-care chemical manufactures and the end result, as pictured in this thread speaks for itself.
    The fact that the CTS-V owner has had other individuals comment on his car`s appearance speaks volumes about your detailing abilities. A client/customer vehicle`s impeccable and obviously noticeable appearance is the best advertising you can have. ( I still would give the customer some business cards to pass out if they feel so inclined. Never hurts to have word-of-mouth advertising from current, satisfied customers that lead to possible future (and hopefully paying) customers.)

Are IGL car-care product available to the general detailing enthusiast/public and where can you buy them from, if so, OR are they only available to select authorized detailers??

Thank you very much for the kind words. I like to cherry pick so to speak products that I feel would work for me and give the results I am after. Would I get good results from all Meguiars products or all Carpro or all HD/3D? Probably. But lets be honest not every product in a companies line up usually work outstanding. Hence why I like to mix and match.

As for IGL products. Yes you can purchase stuff from them except for the coatings(Poly, Quartz, Kenzo,) Most of the other stuff can be purchased right from igl north America.

Thread Information