McKee`s 37 Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

McKee`s 37 Sio2 Paint Coating On A Mazda 3

My client brought his new Mazda 3 to McKee`s 37 Trademark Garage!

He wanted to protect his investment for years to come. I explained that the new Sio2 Paint Coating is exactly what he is looking for.

The paint needed a light polish, It had some buffer holograms from the dealership and some light wash damage.

So the plan of attack was a One-Step with McKee`s 37 Fast Polish and then a coat of Sio2 Paint Coating.

Washing Stages:

For the washing steps, I did a rinseless wash with N914 inside the shop, N914 is the perfect rinseless wash before any paint correction/coating installation as it does not have any waxes/polymers/gloss enhancers that will alter your polishing or coating process.

For more info on N914 as a rinseless wash read this in depth article: Mckee`s 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash | On My Jeep That I Have Not Washed In Over A Month!

After every panel I rinseless washed I used the clay bar to decontaminate the paint, Then I dried as normal and moved on to the next panel!

Polishing

after the paint was smooth and clean it was time to polish.

Note: Fast Polish can be used via machine polisher or hand!

For the polishing stages my weapons of choice are McKee`s 37 Fast Polish a Flex 3401 and a White Lake Country Polishing Force pad.

Fast Polish is very pleasant to work with, No dusting and easy wipe off.

Due to the paint being in good overall condition, I worked larger panels (working sections) I broke this Door into 2 Sections.

Note: Fast Polish wipes off so easy I polished both sides before buff off.

Fast Polish was leaving a flawless finish with little effort.

Sio2 Paint Coating

After all the polishing is done, We are now ready to Install the coating.

Before I started the coating process, It is vital to STRIP any polishing oils from the paint to ensure the coating can properly bond to the paint.

To make the paint "squeaky" clean We are prepping the paint with N914 @ Panel Wipe Ratio 1:8.

Now that the paint is clean, You can start the coating process.

A few sprays on my applicator and I work it in a 2x2 section.

After I was done working the product in, I buffed off any excess to a high gloss shine.

After Shots

Maintenance Education

After I install a coating my client`s always ask "Joe, How do I keep it looking like this"

Understanding proper coating maintenance is vital to get the most out of your coating. at this point your car should look nearly flawless!

The hard part is done, All you need to worry about is the preservation.

Now that my client has the McKee`s 37 Sio2 Paint Coating on his Mazda he asked me "What soap do I use to wash it?" The obvious choice was McKee`s 37 Sio2 Auto Wash.

Sio2 Auto Wash was designed and engineered to maintain coatings! The same Sio2 Technology that is in the coating is also featured in Sio2 Auto Wash. So technically with every wash your adding gloss, slickness and most importantly giving the coating a "Boost."

My client also picked up a bottle of N914 Rinseless Wash and 2 brand new wash buckets with grit guard inserts.

N914 is the ideal rinseless wash to maintain any coating due to the fact that it "leaves nothing behind" This means is features no waxes/sealants/polymers or gloss enhancers, Meaning it will not "alter" the characteristics of your coating.

With N914 and Sio2 Auto Wash my client can now perform traditional hose washes, Or perform a rinseless wash in the comfort of his garage! He can also mix up a bottle of waterless wash using the N914 concentrate whenever he wants to remove some smudges, bird bombs or light dirt.

Now that my client James picked up the proper products to maintain his coating, I have great confidence that he can expect top performance and longevity out of his coating!

Product List:

Washing/decontamination:

N914 Rinseless Wash
    McKee`s 37 Clay Bar
    N914 @ Clay Lube Ratio

Polishing:

Fast Polish
    Flex 3401
    Lake Country White Force Polishing Pad

Coating:

Sio2 Paint Coating
    McKee`s 37 Applicator Pad (Included)
    N914 @ Paint Prep Ratio 1:8
    Short Nap Microfiber Towel

Coating Maintenance:

Sio2 Auto Wash
    N914
    McKee`s 37 Buckets

Miscellaneous:

Glass - Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner
    Tire Dressing - Gloss Tire Gel

- Joe Metlow
    Next Level Auto Detail
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee`s 37 Sio2 Paint Coating On A Mazda 3

That`s some serious gloss nice work!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Love McKee`s coating, it really adds depth and gloss. Some other coatings work well enough, but you see no visual difference, not the case with this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Joe, that looks amazing! Really enjoy seeing the fotos !! What a gloss ! (Are Mazdas supposed to look that good )

I`ve got McKee`s coating. Maybe not the same as this product?

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe Metlow -

Holy cow that is just beautiful, perfect, flat, glossy paintwork, Joe !!
    Pretty color too..

Looks like you are a McKee`s Shop there - I may need to check this line out sometime..

In your experiences how long is that McKee`s Coating lasting ? Has it been out long enough in years to have some data on that part ?

I remember something about the brand - used to be something else - another name, right ?

Excellent work, Joe ! Just perfect ! Thank you for all that work and then all the extra work you did for us out here..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Joe Metlow -

Holy cow that is just beautiful, perfect, flat, glossy paintwork, Joe !!
    Pretty color too..

Looks like you are a McKee`s Shop there - I may need to check this line out sometime..

In your experiences how long is that McKee`s Coating lasting ? Has it been out long enough in years to have some data on that part ?
    The formula has been tweaked quite a few times making durability hard to compare IMO. The standout with this stuff for me is that it looks like what I envisioned a coating to look like, it is like you are applying another layer of glossy drippy paint. The pics don`t quite do it justice. Other coatings need to stuff to give them pop (I`m looking at you opticoat!).
    Likes tom p., Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks tom p., Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    The formula has been tweaked quite a few times making durability hard to compare IMO. The standout with this stuff for me is that it looks like what I envisioned a coating to look like, it is like you are applying another layer of glossy drippy paint. The pics don`t quite do it justice. Other coatings need to stuff to give them pop (I`m looking at you opticoat!).
    Dan,
    Thanks for the update; I will keep checking back to learn about the durability part.. I really like how this new car came out ..

On the Optimum side, I know they spent years in testing before they ever let it out, and yes, perhaps it can be said it is not as glossy, but I have yet to see someone prove that scientifically..

I just know from experience that Optimum was the only coating that really does last for years and if taken care of just a bit like when washing, it still looks great years later..

I am still running around with the last of my last syringe of Optimum 2.0 on my vehicles, and they are still very glossy and clear, and of course so much less work to do as they reject so much stuff that wants to stick around on the paintwork..

I had Clients that wanted to spray stuff on their coated cars, etc., after washing it, and I would have to remind them that even that coating will eventually get enough build up on it after a couple of years at least, and it might not feel so great, if you don`t get that build up washed off..

Am glad that there is continuing R&D on coatings so that we can all benefit and have less work to do on our own usually neglected vehicles because we are doing everyone else`s vehicles first..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Dan,
    Thanks for the update; I will keep checking back to learn about the durability part.. I really like how this new car came out ..

On the Optimum side, I know they spent years in testing before they ever let it out, and yes, perhaps it can be said it is not as glossy, but I have yet to see someone prove that scientifically..

I just know from experience that Optimum was the only coating that really does last for years and if taken care of just a bit like when washing, it still looks great years later..

I am still running around with the last of my last syringe of Optimum 2.0 on my vehicles, and they are still very glossy and clear, and of course so much less work to do as they reject so much stuff that wants to stick around on the paintwork..

I had Clients that wanted to spray stuff on their coated cars, etc., after washing it, and I would have to remind them that even that coating will eventually get enough build up on it after a couple of years at least, and it might not feel so great, if you don`t get that build up washed off..

Am glad that there is continuing R&D on coatings so that we can all benefit and have less work to do on our own usually neglected vehicles because we are doing everyone else`s vehicles first..
    Dan F

Yeah, it is hard to beat the track record of Opticoat, it really does work and it lasts. The thing about McKees is you can see it, even in pictures.

0892a8a2e03fed2c55c5a20ea52b1f66.jpg
    Likes tom p., Stokdgs, nickclark08 liked this post
    Thanks tom p., Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dan,

Wow - that is beautiful ! Great clarity, gloss.. Can even see the metallic in the shade !
    Awesome work !
    Tks for the pic -
    Dan F

Thread Information