Post Thanks / Like

17 Year Old Pontiac Sunfire Wears Feynlab Ceramic

This car belongs to my mother in law. I`ve typically used it for a test bed on new products and usually detail it once a year to apply the latest thing. Last year, I applied Richard Wright`s Gloss Shop coating to it. I must say, it held up well for the most part. Some of it had dropped off, but most of it was still behaving well. The car is starting to have some issues, so I`m not sure how much longer it will stay road-worthy. I decided to apply a product that will last it probably longer than it will survive: Feynlab Ceramic.

There are no before shots as I was in a rush to get it done in the time I had left for myself. The car was washed and foamed as usual. I used Riccardo yellow clay on it as it had some overspray on it from their building being painted. The clay got rid of it, in spite of the spots being almost a year old.

The paint was given a 2 step process of M100 + 3D black wool + my 3401. That was followed with a B/S orange pad + M205 + 3401.

For protection, the following was used: the black plastic door handles had faded and they were given a coat of Feynlab Black Plastic which blackened them up nicely. I followed that up with a coat of Ceramic when I was doing the paint. The side pillars were not compounded or polished due to the clear coat failing on them. The plastic chrome wheel covers were also coated with Ceramic (kinda funny when you see the rust beneath them, LOL). It did dramatically improve them however. The paint was then coated with Ceramic. The paint was then baked with an IR light. I finished it late at night and had to be at work the next day, so the shots are from inside my garage at night. Too bad I didn`t have a sunny day to shoot it as the metallic was impressive. The tires were treated to Opti Bond. Here it is:

If only I`d used Ceramic Pro...I bet they would claim their coating could fix this, LOL!

Thanks for looking!!
    http://www.flawlessreflectionsautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 17 Year Old Pontiac Sunfire Wears Feynlab Ceramic

Car looks terrific!! I really appreciate it when older cars are actually taken care of and not disposed as some consumable. I am not a Pontiac fan at all, but thank you for keeping this car in great shape.

I also have a feeling that particular Pontiac maybe part of a handful of Pontiac`s that actually wear a coating
    Likes richy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!

Post Thanks / Like

For a seventeen old Pontiac, the vehicle looks new (except by the fuel door and fender well). Great test vehicle and I bet your mother in law is more then willing to had it over to you once a year. Great job as always and thanks for sharing my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Car looks terrific!! I really appreciate it when older cars are actually taken care of and not disposed as some consumable. I am not a Pontiac fan at all, but thank you for keeping this car in great shape.

I also have a feeling that particular Pontiac maybe part of a handful of Pontiac`s that actually wear a coating
    Thanks! Regardless of the manufacturer, you are helping to maintain your investment. That`s how I look at it. I know she will get more $ for this when it comes time to sell it, although I think she`s just going to drive it until it pukes its life out.

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Nice!
    Thanks very much Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by WT Taggart View Post
    For a seventeen old Pontiac, the vehicle looks new (except by the fuel door and fender well). Great test vehicle and I bet your mother in law is more then willing to had it over to you once a year. Great job as always and thanks for sharing my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    She just likes it to look good and could care less what I put on it, so it`s been a great arrangement. She got into a bad rear-end collision a number of years ago and the insurance company wanted to write it off at the time due to its age, but when the adjuster saw it, he understood why we wanted to keep it.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great!

Did you use the consumer version now labeled as "Lite" on their website or is this a pro product not available to mortals like myself?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Looks great!

Did you use the consumer version now labeled as "Lite" on their website or is this a pro product not available to mortals like myself?
    No, I used one of the Pro products. Having said that "Lite" is a favourite product amongst all of us. You will love using that...guaranteed!!

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Mother In Law=Happy Wife=Happy Life, LOL
    Wise words my friend

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful as always Richy. Love that Ceramic. Being from Michigan that area around the fuel door makes me cringe!! For a 17 year old car in that climate it really is in remarkable condition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Beautiful as always Richy. Love that Ceramic. Being from Michigan that area around the fuel door makes me cringe!! For a 17 year old car in that climate it really is in remarkable condition.
    Thanks kindly! It had been stored in a garage for years until last year.

Thread Information