McKee`s 37 Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

How Does 360 Work Outside? | Polishing Single Stage Miata in 95°

How Does 360 Work Outside?

I get this question alot via PM on the forums, and facebook.

Last Cars & Coffe I buffed on this single stage blue Miata, I used a Lake Country White CCS Pad and 360,

Simply put IT WAS HOT, It was about 95 degrees and the sun was peaking in the sky. My overall goal for this Miata was to put a shine on it, and give the owner some durable protection.

The owner was interested in getting it shined up, Nothing fancy. He wanted to add some gloss while leaving some protection behind. I explained that 360 is a taylor made fit. He asked when can he stop by the shop to get it done, I said Pull it in the tent now!

The paint lacked clarity and depth, the panels were so hot I could not leave my hand on the paint for longer than 2 seconds.
    (To all my fellow mobile detailers, When working outside always touch/feel paint to know how hot the panel is before buffing. This increases risk to damage paint.)

After my first passes, I noticed paint transfer on my pad, It was single stage paint. Tons of paint residue was coming off this Miata, The significance of this was, not only was I buffing in extremely hot weather, On hot panels. but to make things even more difficult, The paint was also single stage.

While buffing single stage paint, The paint residue gets trapped in your polishing fluid, This kind of causes the polish to dry out and "cake up" on the panel. Making it difficult to remove the polish.

So this really was the ultimate test, 360 was a dream buffing and wiping off! I had no issues with buffing off the residue, Even though I had all these things working against me.

Easy On, easy off.

Happy Customer!

Cars & Coffe is only a few hours, I did a waterless wash with N914, and went to buffing. I went around the car in about a hour and a half. I did increase the overall shine and clarity in the paint drastically. It was slightly oxidized. The customer was really happy with the outcome.

All the mobile jobs I do, Are what I call "360 shiner jobs" I try to avoid doing mobile calls when a customer desires high-end paint correction/coating work I prefer to do that in my shop. So the majority of my mobile calls are the 360 gloss up jobs! And those are my favorite jobs. FAST + EASY. I go around the car 360° and shine her up.

Your customer`s car is now polished + sealed for up to 8 months!

Maximizing 360`s Profit Potential

If anybody does this at a professional level 360 Should be in your arsenal, Yes, there are many all-in-ones on the market, However they all only offer up to a month of protection. With 360 this is not the case, It lays down a durable layer of sealant that can last 6-8 months. This is the ideal product for maintenance program jobs, as it will make your life easier to wash and maintain a sealed car.

Washing & drying a properly sealed car can cut your washing/drying time in half.

You can also be alot more confident in over these all-in-one packages, With other all-in-one packages that I would offer I would be reluctant to talk about how long the protection will last. (the last thing you want to do is disappoint your customer, If you disappoint them you not only lose their business, But you lose their word of mouth recommendation as well.)

What sounds more attractive?

Polish + Wax Package 1-3 Months Of Protection (3 months is being very generous)

Or Polish + Seal Package 6-8 Months of protection.

Alot of customers do not really know the difference between polishing & waxing, Once you explain to them that WAX PROTECTS and POLISH PERFECTS. more than likely they will ask, "How long does the wax/sealant last" Saying 1-3 months does not excite the customer, The customer needs to feel that they are getting a value.

Offering 360 packages will open up confidence, I have personally tested 360 on different vehicles, and have seen it last 6 months +. I have used it on my father-in-laws truck around 8 Months ago and it is still going strong till today, The mind blowing part is that the truck is black, and it stays outside in the hot florida sun all day.

So When I talk about my all-in-one packages I offer them with great confidence, and talk about the excellent protection that is provided as well. these are the selling points.

Increase Gloss/Clarity In Paint.
    Removes light swirls/scratches.
    Protects Paint up to 8 months.
    Will make Washing & Drying Maintenance easier.

That is what the majority of people want, These type of jobs are extremely easy and profitable.

I will have a dedicated write-up on this coming soon. consider this a taste. 360 is the polish that I use the most. It is the backbone of my shop!

If you are thinking of picking up a bottle, Just buy a gallon, Buying a gallon is not going to cost you money, It`s going to make you money. If you go through 1 gallon of 360 that means you have made thousands of dollars!

McKee`s 37 360

Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Does 360 Work Outside? | Polishing Single Stage Miata in 95°

nice, what year is the miata?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work and results Joe!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

How does 360 clean out of your pads? Does the sealant inside 360 stain the pads? Did all the blue single stage paint wash out of the pad?

That is my only complaint with HD Speed. My pads used for Speed are now dedicated Speed pads. I should try a dedicated pad cleaning product. Right now it is just Meguiar`s super degreaser, a nylon pad brush and a ton of hot water.

6-8 months of durability from a AIO is fantastic!
    U
    Joe, you are a machine getting around even that tiny Miata in 1.5 hrs

Great write up as usual. Your article on ditching the work lights on AIO polishing jobs is one of the best threads from a money making standpoint. Keep the great articles coming!

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing, hows the correction, like what percent does it correct, 30% better or more? And how much you charge for this detail? Just for my personal. Am from california

Sent from my 5056N using Tapatalk

Thread Information