Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Souveran, 1st use & thanks to forum member MORE PICS!

OK, here`s the story:

A few days ago, I was GIFTED an 8 oz jar of Pinnacle Souveran. Yes, that`s right, gifted. By another awesome member of the AG forum. Needless to say I was stunned, a $100 gift from a person who just wanted me to have fun waxing and enjoying my car and really doesn`t know me at all.

I know they are reading this thread and although I said it in a PM, I have no words to thank you for your kindness

Having heard all the hoopla about it, I wasted no time in giving the car a quick wash and setting out to give it a coat of the paste wax.

The smell isn`t all flowery, but it`s definitely NOT unpleasant & I gave the can a few healthy sniffs after opening the lid. It seems to be slightly oily, but very hard - not something you can accidentally over apply to your applicator, which in my case was a microfiber covered foam pad. I did have some difficulty applying it at first, but as soon as I figured how to get the pad fully primed, application was awesome after that. The directions said to do one panel at a time, then remove, so that`s what I did ... half the roof, half the hood, 1 fender, one door etc. As far as removal, this comes off so easy, if it weren`t for the slickness left behind, you`d swear that nothing was left behind and you have to be careful not to miss a spot since this stuff goes on so thin and clear .... it`s hard to see even on a black car (BTW, I DID miss a few spots removing the Souveran) ... I just couldn`t see them until I looked over the car at different light angles & perspectives.

Even though longevity isn`t this wax`s strong point, it`s so easy to use, I can see me reapplying it frequently just to maintain "THAT LOOK." And with as little wax as it takes to coat a Camaro, this can will last me a long time.

For me I consider this a luxury wax, it`s not something I could afford to buy for myself, so receiving it as a gift makes it that much more special.

Thanks again.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes trashmanssd, Tc99m, Mary B, nickclark08, Ronkh and 5 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Souveran, 1st use & thanks to forum member

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post

OK, here`s the story:

A few days ago, I was GIFTED an 8 oz jar of Pinnacle Souveran. Yes, that`s right, gifted. By another awesome member of the AG forum. Needless to say I was stunned, a $100 gift from a person who just wanted me to have fun waxing and enjoying my car and really doesn`t know me at all.

I know they are reading this thread and although I said it in a PM, I have no words to thank you for your kindness :props:

Having heard all the hoopla about it, I wasted no time in giving the car a quick wash and setting out to give it a coat of the paste wax.

The smell isn`t all flowery, but it`s definitely NOT unpleasant & I gave the can a few healthy sniffs after opening the lid. It seems to be slightly oily, but very hard - not something you can accidentally over apply to your applicator, which in my case was a microfiber covered foam pad. I did have some difficulty applying it at first, but as soon as I figured how to get the pad fully primed, application was awesome after that. The directions said to do one panel at a time, then remove, so that`s what I did ... half the roof, half the hood, 1 fender, one door etc. As far as removal, this comes off so easy, if it weren`t for the slickness left behind, you`d swear that nothing was left behind and you have to be careful not to miss a spot since this stuff goes on so thin and clear .... it`s hard to see even on a black car (BTW, I DID miss a few spots removing the Souveran) ... I just couldn`t see them until I looked over the car at different light angles & perspectives.

Even though longevity isn`t this wax`s strong point, it`s so easy to use, I can see me reapplying it frequently just to maintain "THAT LOOK." And with as little wax as it takes to coat a Camaro, this can will last me a long time.

For me I consider this a luxury wax, it`s not something I could afford to buy for myself, so receiving it as a gift makes it that much more special.

Thanks again.
    Souveran is spectacular! Looks great on your Camaro. I like the deep wet look of the black paint.

Used it on my black Malibu, but I used Pinnacle spray wax on top and it took from the depth, but that too was a special wax.

Pinnacle Souveran, 1st use & thanks to forum member

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Likes xspwrstang liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don- Hey, that all sounds great and it must look incredible in person.

Did you do the wheels with it? What about exterior trim?

I find that fogging the surface with my breath when buffing it off makes the whole thing go easier/better.

FWIW, I started letting it dry more like a conventional wax, and found that I liked that better and *maybe* got a little better durability out of it. Just something you might want to experiment with...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Don- Hey, that all sounds great and it must look incredible in person.

Did you do the wheels with it? What about exterior trim?

I find that fogging the surface with my breath when buffing it off makes the whole thing go easier/better.

FWIW, I started letting it dry more like a conventional wax, and found that I liked that better and *maybe* got a little better durability out of it. Just something you might want to experiment with...
    For the exterior trim, it darkened it and now it beads water in the rain just like the paint. I didn`t get to the wheels, but I will the next time I have a full day to put into the car.

I`ll definitely have to start experimenting with application/removal, you use so little of it to cover a car, that`s a LOT of experimenting.

BTW, it got dusty as heck since I applied the Souveran, then last night it got rained on and when I drove it to work, it dried itself off while on the highway ... now the dust is all but gone and it looks almost like I just applied the Souveran.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don- Ah, OK...sounds good.

Yeah, it does seem to attract/retain dust, wonder if it`ll keep rinsing clean as it ages (I always reapplied so often...).

I quit using it on wheels..while I don`t think it was a heat-related issue like people talk about (stuff like: carnaubas melt! and then they...[warnings of Big Drama]...), the wheels just didn`t clean up well/easy enough for long enough and I got tired of messing with `em. See how it goes for you...I used Souveran on (hard-use) daily drivers for ages, and those weren`t even dark colors. I bet you`re gonna be far more Autopian about it than I, so it might be just the ticket for ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Don- Ah, OK...sounds good.

Yeah, it does seem to attract/retain dust, wonder if it`ll keep rinsing clean as it ages (I always reapplied so often...).

I quit using it on wheels..while I don`t think it was a heat-related issue like people talk about (stuff like: carnaubas melt! and then they...[warnings of Big Drama]...), the wheels just didn`t clean up well/easy enough for long enough and I got tired of messing with `em. See how it goes for you...I used Souveran on (hard-use) daily drivers for ages, and those weren`t even dark colors. I bet you`re gonna be far more Autopian about it than I, so it might be just the ticket for ya.
    It wasn`t because of the Souveran that it got so dusty it`s where I live. Lots of trees plus a big construction project that`s going on behind my back yard. The Souveran didn`t seem to get dustier than any other wax.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Don, it is required that you share the donors name so that we know who to bum some from.

I`m kidding of course.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Don, it is required that you share the donors name so that we know who to bum some from.

I`m kidding of course.
    Ok you twisted my arm their screen name is nunya, nunya biniss.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Souveran, 1st use & thanks to forum member MORE PICS!

It started lightly sprinkling again while I was taking the pics:

Hood

Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Likes Ronkh, nickclark08, Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    It wasn`t because of the Souveran that it got so dusty it`s where I live. Lots of trees plus a big construction project that`s going on behind my back yard. The Souveran didn`t seem to get dustier than any other wax.
    Huh, my Souveraned vehicles were always retaining dust sooo much more than anything does now, and some of the places I go these days are a lot dustier (didn`t go to such places when I was using Souveran all the time, but the diff is still striking).

Thread Information