Post Thanks / Like

The Great Pumpkin: 2016 Mustang GT

I was looking forward to doing this car for several reasons. First, it`s a referral from a fellow who`s sent me several people...don`t you love it when you get a customer like that?!? Secondly, I don`t think I`ve done an orange car before and was looking forward to dealing with that colour. This was also going to be my last job using Americoat (I discounted it for him) as it`s my last bottle sadly.

Here it is as it arrived:

I don`t remember Mustang`s having this kind of nasty brake dust:

So, the paint had some issues, but nothing terrible.

Onto the job. First up was the wheels. The faces were cleaned with BAM wheel acid as were the barrels. That was followed by Zep Citrus. The tires were cleaned with Zep 505 and the plastic wells with LATA.

The paint was then foamed and washed with Megs Hyper Wash. It was then washed again using IronX paste. It was brought inside and blown off with the Master Blaster and then clayed with a clay towel.

The hood was the worst and got Chop Top where needed with 3401 + TB black wool. Where it did not need to be so aggressive, I used Amerirocks compound with the black wool followed by Ameridepth with a yellow B/S pad. I finished it off with Essence + white B/S pad. The paint, wheel faces, side and rear glass were all double coated with Americoat. The tires were shot with Opti Bond from my air gun. The trim was done with DLux. Here she is, inside and out after 15 hours:

Thanks for looking.
    http://www.flawlessreflectionsautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Great Pumpkin: 2016 Mustang GT

Beautifully done.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job, I`ve heard the Brembo pads are dusty.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Great work!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job! I`ve seen a few of these Orange Mustangs around town and I always wonder if they got a discount for buying an orange car?

Post Thanks / Like

The great pumpkin lives again. Nice job Richie, personally I like the color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Not a huge fan of the colour or car, but always​ a fan of your work!
    Reflective Impressions
    www.instagram.com/reflectiveimpressions
    Authorized Feynlab Installer

Post Thanks / Like

great pumpkin for sure
    nice work!

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Beautifully done.
    Thanks so much Ron for the comment and for taking the time to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Nice job, I`ve heard the Brembo pads are dusty.
    You are probably right. I can`t remember if the last one I did had them or not. At least now they`ll clean up easier for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Great work!
    Thank you Ryan!

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Nice job! I`ve seen a few of these Orange Mustangs around town and I always wonder if they got a discount for buying an orange car?
    Maybe the discount was for having good taste?? Some people think the same about yellow. Any color, I think it depends on the car`s shape at how successful it`ll be.

Quote Originally Posted by WT Taggart View Post
    The great pumpkin lives again. Nice job Richie, personally I like the color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I liked it too. It really grabbed your eye.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakingHorizons View Post
    Not a huge fan of the colour or car, but always​ a fan of your work!
    Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    great pumpkin for sure
    nice work!
    You didn`t need to clarify that, but thanks nonetheless. I hear you though, I remember a gray Porsche I did and thought "Why the heck would anyone buy this gorgeous car in this hideous colour?!? He`ll take a big loss at trade in time I predict.

Post Thanks / Like

The car and those wheels are very cool. Great work. I love the loud colors on sports cars. I`d do an orange or lime green Lamborghini for free anytime.

Post Thanks / Like

Richy:
    You are one of the few Autopians who has posted that they have used Amerirocks compound and Ameridepth polish from Americana global Inc.
    Wasn`t this the company that detailing guru (and MY detailing Idol) Barry Theal of Presidential Details started??

I am just wondering how the compound and polish compare to other compounds and polishes that you have used in the past??

Very nice workmanship on the "Grabber Orange" Mustang, by the way. Thanks for posting the photos. They add SOOO much visual information and the end results speak for themselves.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

B E A utiful. Love the orange on that pony.

You said it was sadly your last of your Americoat. You restocking or moving to something else?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    The car and those wheels are very cool. Great work. I love the loud colors on sports cars. I`d do an orange or lime green Lamborghini for free anytime.
    I don`t know about doing one for free, LOL, but I agree with you that the colour definitely works on the `Stang!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Richy:
    You are one of the few Autopians who has posted that they have used Amerirocks compound and Ameridepth polish from Americana global Inc.
    Wasn`t this the company that detailing guru (and MY detailing Idol) Barry Theal of Presidential Details started??

I am just wondering how the compound and polish compare to other compounds and polishes that you have used in the past??

Very nice workmanship on the "Grabber Orange" Mustang, by the way. Thanks for posting the photos. They add SOOO much visual information and the end results speak for themselves.
    No, I was not involved in Barry`s company in any way. I`ve never met him in person although I have spoken to him on the phone. I was actually considering setting up a Canadian company to distribute his products a few years ago, but decided against it. I have long been a big fan of Amerirocks. I find it every bit as aggressive as Megs 105 but much more user friendly. It also finishes down extremely well using my favourite black wool pad from Tuf Buff. The Ameridepth I had hardly ever used as I always just seem to grab for M205 as it works so very well. I just decided to use both of them for this car. However, I also topped them both with Essence, which is a Car Pro product. The combo of all of them was very successful IMO. I am kinda bummed that my Amerirocks has run out. It was (and is) a damned good compound. Chop Top is stronger and finishes just as well, so in my opinion it is now the better alternative. I still use and enjoy M100 which is what I would have used on the Pony had I not chose to use Rocks. Sorry for the long winded answer.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    B E A utiful. Love the orange on that pony.

You said it was sadly your last of your Americoat. You restocking or moving to something else?
    Americoat is no longer for sale. I have replaced it with Feynlab Ceramic at a higher price because it is a better, stronger coating.

Thread Information