Post Thanks / Like

Meow... 2016 Jet Black Challenger Hellcat - Paint Correction - 22ple - GTechniq - Attention to Detailing - Peoria, IL

We`ve done a few brand new Hellcats. One has been nearly flawless, the rest were, well, awful...

This car came to us for a full makeover and maximum exterior protection. With just 1200 miles on the odometer, you would hope that the paint was in nearly perfect condition, however that does not seem to be the case with any of the new cars coming from Dodge. This vehicle was covered with a lot of deeper scratches and sanding marks that needed to be corrected. There were also some light swirls from washing. In addition to the paint correction, we also removed the wheels for thorough cleaning inside and out. Paint, wheels, plastic, and glass were all coated with specific nano coating products. After many days of work, it looked outstanding! Check it out...

Products Used

Wash: Meguiar`s D114
    Wheels: Meguiar`s D114
    Tires: Tarminator
    Decontamination: Fine Grade Clay & D114
    Paint Thickness Readings Taken w/ Defelsko DFT
    Masking Tape: 3M automotive
    Paint Correction: Meguiar`s D300 & MF Cutting Pads
    Polishing: Meguiar`s M205 & White LC Flat Polishing Pads
    Machines Used: Rupes LHR21 ES MKII, Rupes LHR15 ES MKII, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes L-DLX iBrid Nano, Griot`s BOSS G21
    Coating Prep: CarPro Eraser
    Paint Coating: 22ple HPC
    Glass Coating: 22ple VG1
    Plastic Coating: GTechniq C4
    Wheel Coating: GTechniq C5
    Glass: Meguiar`s D120
    Tires: Forma RVP (neat)
    ... surely there is more, but that is the majority

As I mentioned, we`ve done several Challengers over the years, but the size of these things always surprises me. Check out this massive 2 door next to my 4 door ISF.

Wheels were removed for deep cleaning. Brakes were also deep cleaned using steam.

Wheel wells all cleaned up.

The wheels were cleaned and coated. They looked outstanding afterwards.

Here are several photos of some of the defects that were visible before the correction process.

Correcting all exterior painted surfaces, even the smallest areas thanks to the nano.

Here are several photos taken after the correction process. Crystal clear, nearly flawless paint.

Mirror like reflections

The sun never lies... this paint looked great!

These long, flat, jet black panels made this car look like one big mirror.

All black really suits this sinister vehicle.

Here is a quick walk around... watch in HD!

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meow... 2016 Jet Black Challenger Hellcat - Paint Correction - 22ple - GTechniq - Attention to Detailing - Peoria, IL

Fantastic job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meow... 2016 Jet Black Challenger Hellcat - Paint Correction - 22ple - GTechniq - Attention to Detailing - Peoria, IL

Wow! Looks amazing!! Such an awesome car too

Post Thanks / Like

Great work, great canvas to showcase you skills.

Post Thanks / Like

Zach:
    Great work, as always. Nice to see you have a FULL compliment of Rupe`s Polishing Machines.. (the proverbial right tool for every job)
    Couple questions:
    1) What is the steamer that you are using?
    2) When you say "neat" about the Forma RVP on the tires, what do you mean? They look very "matte" or "natural" without being too shiny (I dislike "shiny " tires that have more "glow" than the paint, but to each his own). Just wondering what your thoughts are on this product for tires in terms of sling, longevity with rain or washing?
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, all!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Zach:
    Great work, as always. Nice to see you have a FULL compliment of Rupes Polishing Machines.. (the proverbial right tool for every job)
    Couple questions:
    1) What is the steamer that you are using? Reliable BRIO 500CC
    2) When you say "neat" about the Forma RVP on the tires, what do you mean? Neat means undiluted. Straight Up. Not cut with water.

They look very "matte" or "natural" without being too shiny (I dislike "shiny " tires that have more "glow" than the paint, but to each his own). Just wondering what your thoughts are on this product for tires in terms of sling, longevity with rain or washing? To be honest, I have never found a water based dressing that lasted through rain. I really enjoy PERL and Opti-Bond, but durability is not their strong suit. The reason this has never bothered me is because if it rains, your car needs to be washed again anyways, meaning you should reapply tire dressing, so no big deal. Also, when applied properly, a good water based dressing will never sling from your tires. It should be nearly dry to the touch.
    ^Answers above in blue

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work. I use PERL and I don`t mind when a rainfall hits it because my tires look nice and dark/matte still with dirt having a tough time sticking to them. There are times when I just rinse the tires off to (that`s all it`s taken to clean them) and air dry them without re applying until 1 or 2 more washes later because they still look like new; yeah the shine is pretty much gone but that clean look sticks even after a rainfall so it`s no issue for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Right... the shine is what is lost after getting wet, but if the tire is not dirty, it will still look great.

Thread Information