Post Thanks / Like

OCDetail - Tesla Model X Cquartz Finest and Xpel

I`ve gotten a reputation for being the Tesla guy in the area when it comes to detailing and protection needs. Well the Model X just came out and we`ve already worked on 4! This was the first one and we actually picked it up from the delivery center after the customer waited 3 years. He thought that rather than see his car before my work he would let us pick it up do our thing with it and then take it to him looking like a new car should. We had this X in the shop for 4 weeks because we took care of more than appearances. There a number of small issues we worked with Tesla on to fix as well. Lets get on with it!

Taking delivery of a car he waited almost 4 years for! This is a very early number Sig and the customers willingness to show patients and not even see the car... IS beyond me!

Cool presents when you pick one of these up!

Word got out that I had this Model X in the shop and workers from the Tesla store has never seen up close so they came over to check it out after I got back to the shop.

After washing, iron x, clay, spotless, reset decon process. Here is what the paint looked like!

After compounding big improvement!

Ta Da! So this went of for a while and if you want to see all the corrections shots feel free to check out my photo bucket album

Wheels were removed to clean and coat calipers and wheels were sent off to powder coat!

Custom Xpel install on the entire front end. Only kit piece used is on the front bumper. Again if want to see everything check out the album... Now to the fun part!! 4 weeks later, 80 man hours, and 4 coats of cquartz finest later!!! Drum roll please!!!!

Interior all coated with Cquartz Leather. Having used this product since it came out I have not once had the yellowing problem

Door go up!

Dat Gloss!

And thats how its done!!! Dlux on all the trim, wheels, calipers and windshield cowl! 4 layers of finest on paint and trim.

Thanks for looking
    Joseph Torbati
    Bay Area OCDetail

P.S. I think Tesla really nailed this color! Traditionally I would think of champagne or metallic gold colors being reserved for old people like Ronkh when his back won`t let him get in and out the vette anymore and he buys a hybrid camery but this color looks great! Same service on above one. And you guys have time please check out my new web site and give me some thoughts. Still working on it but almost done. A local forum member IAMALEXANDER actually did it for me! He put a ton of work into and has been awesome! www.bayareadetails.com
    Bay Area OCDetailing
    Like us on Facebook!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: OCDetail - Tesla Model X Cquartz Finest and Xpel

Some people love the X and some don`t .....I think they look killer...sweet looking ride. You are the Tesla Man.....lol
    Wendell Jarvis
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond, KY.
    859-248-2835

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work, Joe!

Post Thanks / Like

Great job! Loving the red.... Real sweet
    Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun - John Lennon

Post Thanks / Like

that looks awesome (the finish- not a huge fan of the car) but your work is stunning

4 years to wait? wow- that`s some mad patience. I don`t think I could wait 4 years for a car.

every time I see a tesla (there`s a blue one in my neighborhood) I think of how good you could make it look and that they should take it from Texas to CA immediately!

Brandt K.
    Likes Jsmooth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was gonna say what an incredible job you did................. Till the last paragraph.

But then I realized that this couldn`t be the real JSMOOTH, cuz the car ain`t black........

Now I have to find my walker to get to the potty.......
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes GearHead_1, Mp0wer, Jsmooth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cool web site btw. Under the part with meet our staff, if you run your mouse over the pics you hide and come back.

Almost like playing whack a mole
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Jsmooth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That red looks absolutely phenomenal. Thanks for posting Joe

Post Thanks / Like

beautiful joe. how long do you have to wait between the additional coats of finest?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I was gonna say what an incredible job you did................. Till the last paragraph.

But then I realized that this couldn`t be the real JSMOOTH, cuz the car ain`t black........

Now I have to find my walker to get to the potty.......
    Much love buddy! The fact I gave you a hard time should`ve of gave me away! And Steve you have to an hour. Thanks everyone!
    Bay Area OCDetailing
    Like us on Facebook!
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Thread Information