Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polish Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel

I received a nice surprise from Ray –It was a bottle of Polish Angel Viking Coat and Escalate Lotion.
    THANK YOU RAY!

Marketing shot below:

Stuff comes wrapped like a present
    So I started early but the sun was up so I pulled out something I have not used yet the CR spotless.

Here are a very few before shots. It was not too dirty so the before shots will be abbreviated

Wheels cleaned with Sonax FE and various brushes.
    Car was washed with 2BM with Citrus APC and Car wash.
    Decontaminated with Iron X and a Nano Skin Pad
    Rewashed and dried with an Uber drying towel
    Water hugger areas blown dry with master blaster.

It’s hard to catch marring on a pearl white car but here was the worst of it

I was told Polish Angel products don’t stain trim nor do they dust. As a result I did not tape and I had zero issues. I would only tape trim harmed by the pad. On this car the trim is all chrome and there is little of it so no tape was used.
    Finish after Escalate Lotion.

This is a paint cleaner, fine polish and primer for the Viking coat. While not absolutely necessary for proper bonding, it replaced the finish polish I usually use to clean up any imperfections. I used the 3” Rupes with a yellow pad for the entire car. I tried the PO5RD on one panel and did not get more gloss so I stopped. The Escalate has a primer to accept the Viking coat so I skipped the IPA wipe down per Polish Angel USA. (On the one panel I did with POP85RD I wiped with IPA)

I have been finding I like the 3” simply because it allows me to chop up panels into flat spaces easier than the Rupes 15. I guess the hood would be fine for the 15 but I am to lazy to pull it out for one panel. If I did this professionally I would look to save time but since this is hopefully a once every 2 years / per car deal it’s not a big deal.

This next picture is after the first coat was applied, let sit for 45 minutes and buffed off. This is applied using a black pad and a DA. Love this application. Fast, and you can see this product almost like an old school wax and sealant but it’s a coating. Make getting every bit of paint covered a piece of cake.

After a 2 hours cure period I hand applied the last coat of Viking Coat with the included applicator. I let it sit for 45 minutes and then buffed it off. If comes of super easy and there is zero fear of high spots for letting it sit a little longer. The 2nd coat stat closer to 1 hour and came right off.

Finished Shots

Later in the day fully (cured 3-5 hours)

Video before I passed out at the end of a really long day. This really shows the pearl coat in detail.

Click picture to play video

My opinion of the Polish Angel Escalate and Viking Coat is as follows. Super easy application and removal. Both products do what they claim to do. The escalate is easy to work with, does not dry out and gives enough correction to fix minor marring. It finishes as well as a finishing polish. I used it on my B pillars that are black plastic and they looked good to me. I ended up visiting with another polish Angel Connoisseur and he hit them with the PA finish polish and it took them to near perfect level from very excellent. On the pear white it did not make a difference but on dark colors it very well may make a difference.
    The Viking Coat is a very good looking coating on the car. It looks like a beauty wax and if it is as protective as a coating like EXO or Opticoat Gloss Coat it would be amazing for someone looking for a warm shine instead of a crisp sealant/coating look.

I will update you in durability. I currently have 22PLE, EVO v2, Gloss Coat and PA Viking Coat all applied within 4 weeks of each other. I will be able to compare them as they age.

Here is a Viking Coat beading pic from a day or two after application

Thanks for looking, feedback always appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel

WOW. NICE!! I need to find a ramdom package like that at my doorstep!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Ronkh, JSFM35X liked this post
    Thanks JSFM35X thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yea they have so many sweet products, plus there made to order, so you don`t get old stuff that has been sitting on the shelf...great job !!!
    2015 Audi S4 (ibis white)
    1995 BMW M3 (alpine white)
    Likes JSFM35X liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m all for any coating that applies like a wax....eliminating the race to get the crap off before it hardens and gives you fits. This method of application alone, makes it worth every penny. This will be my next coating purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice write up. Can you estimate how many cars can be done with the coating product? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Lookin GOOD !!!!!!

We need updates

There was a discussion about this being a "true coating" or durable sealant. Input?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot the size of the bottle (Checked its 50 ml) but I would guess you could do 2 full size cars with 2 coats and I have a heavy hand with products.

The bottle is hard to see through so I am going by the shake method and the sound.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Very nice write up. Can you estimate how many cars can be done with the coating product? Thanks
    Likes Ronkh, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If it last two years, I don`t care if its breakfast cereal.
    Likes Ronkh, JSFM35X liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

When I posted the video a few days ago I got a lot of PM on that subject. I spoke to the Polish Angel USA distributor who is a super nice guy and his detail work is up there with the best I`ve seen. He was extremely knowledgeable about the products and make-up. Told me about the ingredients and what not. I asked him flat out of this is a super wax or sealant as I was told by others. He says no but it contains ingredients found in hi end waxes along with the titanium dioxide and other stuff. If the ingredient listed is wrong its my memory not his info.

All I can say, is I will let you know. So far it look really nice and it should the car was done days ago and the coating cost 89 bucks retail. I hope I get good durability. I am a show me kind of guy and I don`t take internet banter seriously unless I know the player.

I am intrigued to try other products. After posting my video a few days ago, I got in touch with a local forum member who has an extensive polish angel collection. He let me try some stuff and I can tell you the Palladium, Bella clean and charisma are winners. They cost but they work.

I have 2 cars left to coat, may try Cosmic from PA, Gyeon or I may stick with my tried and true EXO v2. or I may go for something else. Anyone have any ideas? Ronny, I listened to you in the 22PLE and it doing great so far.

Have a good night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Lookin GOOD !!!!!!

We need updates

There was a discussion about this being a "true coating" or durable sealant. Input?
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That is still to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    If it last two years, I don`t care if its breakfast cereal.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you liked my review enough to plunk down your $. The application is very easy and straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I`m all for any coating that applies like a wax....eliminating the race to get the crap off before it hardens and gives you fits. This method of application alone, makes it worth every penny. This will be my next coating purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir, it did not suck one bit.

hey Ray keep em coming................ can you say Cosmic? and thanks again for letting me review the great product.

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    WOW. NICE!! I need to find a random package like that at my doorstep!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Would love to try this stuff eventually. I have been pretty happy with my Pinnacle Black Label Paint Coating, but this is definitely on my want list.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Totally jealous.....

The car and beading looks great. I do want to try POLISHANGEL cosmic as well. I really do like the interior dressing.

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bump for any updates from last summer?
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information