Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Ultimate Luxury Sports Sedan Made "Better than New" - 2016 Audi RS7 - CQuartz Finest, DLUX, Forte

This brand new vehicle was brought to us almost immediately after it was delivered. The owner wanted to make sure this car was properly protected from the very start. He opted to go with our Advanced Paint coating, Wheel Coating, Glass Coating, and Plastic Coating for all around coverage on the exterior of this gorgeous car.

I had asked the owner to instruct the dealership not to wash, detail, or prep the exterior of the car in any way upon arrival therefore the paint was swirl free as any new car should be. This allows us to spend more time focusing on removing almost every individual imperfection in the paint to provide an almost flawless finish.

Process
    Tires: Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner & Tire Brush
    Wheels: Sonax Full Effect, Citrus Wash, Variety of brushes
    Foam Pre-Soak: CarPro Iron X Snow Foam
    Wash: Citrus Wash and DI Rethickulous Wash Mitt
    Chemical Decontamination: Tarminator & Iron X
    Mechanical Decontamination: NanoSkin Fine Grade Mitt
    Inspect vehicle and document paint thickness readings
    Mask off areas of concern with CarPro Tape
    Spot Correction of Deeper Defects: Shine Supply Flat Top on MF Cutting Pads via Rupes LHR21ES & LHR75E
    Polish: Meguiar`s M205 on LC Crimson Pads via Rupes LHR21ES & LHR75E
    Solvent Wipe: CarPro Eraser
    Paint Protection: CarPro CQuartz Finest
    Wheel Protection: CarPro CQuartz Finest
    Plastic Restorer & Protection: CarPro CQuartz DLUX
    Glass Protection: CarPro CQuartz Forte
    Tire Dressing: CarPro PERL

Before

The vehicle had accumulated a fair amount of dirt from its journey from Germany

Greasy residue staining the paint beneath both mirrors. Likely some residual oils or something that had dripped during transportation.

Hard water spots were present here and there.

The wheels were already quite dirty in just the few miles that had been put on the car (63 miles to be exact)

During

As usual, we begin with cleaning the wheels and tires. The wheels are soaked with a pH neutral wheel cleaner to begin breaking down any dirt and grime.

Tires are scrubbed to remove any dirt or dressings that may have been on the surface.

Wheels were carefully cleaned using soft boar`s hair brushes

The car was the soaked with CarPro IronX Snow Foam to help cut through dirt and grime, while also breaking up any waxes or oils that may be on the paint.

The car was pulled inside after our wash & decontamination process to be inspected for defects. Defects were marked with red dots.

Tracers, or sanding marks, indicating a small spot repair may have been made in this location.

Damage most likely caused from removing protecting shipping wrap

Several deeper scratches were found. These were likely created during transportation.

After a thorough inspection, I began removing the deeper defects. Here are several before/after shots of some of the defects I removed.

Retired Professional Detailer
    Likes Don, 4u2nvinmtl, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Ultimate Luxury Sports Sedan Made "Better than New" - 2016 Audi RS7 - CQuartz Finest, DLUX, Forte

After removing all heavier defects, the entire car was the polished with a fine finishing polish to really bring out the metallic flake and enhance the already stunning gloss.

The car looked great after polishing!

The paint was then wiped down with a special polish & oil solvent to prep for the paint coating. 2 coats of our Advanced Coating was then applied and baked with infrared curing lamps to help promote higher surface hardness and gloss.

Time Lapse of part of the coating process... condensing 1 hour of work down to 1.5 minutes.

Wheels and tires were clean, but the tires just don`t look complete without a proper dressing.

2 thin coats of a premium water based tire dressing was applied to wrap up the tires.

The wheels were then prepped and coated.

I also cleaned and coated the plastic wiper cowl to help protect it from fading and to drastically enhance its appearance.

Even brand new trim can benefit greatly from our plastic coating.

After

The interior was beautiful. Precise stitching and carbon fiber made this car feel luxurious and plush, yet incredibly sporty.

The engine was lightly cleaned and dressed. 560HP of German Engineering.

The car looked amazing when it was dropped off as it was brand new, but now it is "better than new". The layers of protection that were applied will help this owner maintain the vehicle, and will keep this car looking this good for a very long time.

The paint was deep, dark, and glossy.

Thanks for reading!

Likes ShaneB, Don, mnehls86, Ronkh, RaskyR1 and 2 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Ultimate Luxury Sports Sedan Made "Better than New" - 2016 Audi RS7 - CQuartz Finest, DLUX, Forte

oh my lord the sexiness. looks amazing

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful. These things are just unreal. You put your foot down and you are gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank heavens you were on hand to correct the many blemishes introduced during transportation. Those imperfections were quite an eye opener, and on an very high end Audi at that.
    Great recovery.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work!

Post Thanks / Like

Zach, great detail on the detail! An amazing effort on an evil car !
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work on an awesome car

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    Zach, great detail on the detail! An amazing effort on an evil car !
    I was about to say the same thing ... I wonder if smoked headlight covers would make it more evil looking?
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Well, most of the pictures aren`t working for me, but I have never seen scalloped brake rotors like that. Is there some functional reason for that or is it just to look cool?

Post Thanks / Like

What an awesome car. Great work Zach.

Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous work
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing work Zach.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Well, most of the pictures aren`t working for me, but I have never seen scalloped brake rotors like that. Is there some functional reason for that or is it just to look cool?
    ^They`re all public links from photobucket... must be a security setting on your end if the photos aren`t showing up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    Thanks everyone!

^They`re all public links from photobucket... must be a security setting on your end if the photos aren`t showing up
    Oh, sorry, I didn`t mean that my lack of pics was some issue on your end, I needed a reboot. I only focused on the rotors because a wheel pic was one of the few I could see, so I couldn`t comment on the rest of your excellent work (that I now can after reboot).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information