Post Thanks / Like

This is the second white C7 but first 2015 that I have detailed. I love the white but I`m still waiting for the Laguna blue haha.`

`

I told the guy not to let the dealer wash the car when it came in. He went through with that and he said the dealer said it was a strange request but they agreed not to wash. I have worked on 6 2014`s of all different colors and the ones that the dealers didn`t wash were in great shape. This one, even with out the dealer washing it had lots of swirls on the roof/hood/and trunk. I guess something changed at the factory and they are doing a crappier job prepping the paint for delivery.`

`

Either way, a Level 2 polish was carried out on those panels and Level 1 on the rest of the car since it was in near perfect shape. This car was less than a week old when it was brought in but was pretty dirty from driving around. Car was washed, IronX`d, clayed and re washed. After being brought back in the shop we dried it off with the Dry Me Crazy towels and began on the interior. 1Z CP was used for the panels, Z10 on the leather, windows cleaned carpet vacc`d.`

`

Exterior was polished with FG400 with 5" Flash Pad (those pads Efing rock). After the compounding on the top panels, everything was polished with Reflect on yellow Rupes. Eraser wipe downs after polishing each panel. Once complete the entire car was wiped down again with Eraser just to make sure the paint was bare.`

`

After prepping for Cquartz Finest the fun began. Entire car was coated, wheels, exhaust and trim. 24 hours later Xpel full front kit was installed for that ultimate protection. When the film was finished everything got wiped down with Reload and out the door she went. I love these cars in white, the color really shows the lines of the car.`

`

`

`

`

`

`

`

Post Thanks / Like

You gotta love Artic White, I do. I`ve been to Bowling Green on more than one occasion and I can`t figure out how they would mess the paint up. The car does not really get touched throughout the build unless Allied Trucking is "cleaning" the cars before dropping them because they can sit outside for days/week before loading depending on where they are going. A certain number get held back for QC and are driven upwards of 20 miles in the process, rain or shine.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks very wet in that hood shot!`
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Scott, very wet in person. The pictures do not do it justice. Jimmie, I don`t know what happened with this one. Someone had a hand in "detailing" it before it reached the customer.`

Thread Information