2010 Porsche Carrera 4S and a 2012 Cayenne Diesel. The Carrera was a low mileage used acquire, the Cayenne was purchased new. While the Carrera was on the lot, the front end got scratched up and the front bumper was repainted. And with a car with a low front end in a metro area with endless road construction, he is having a clear bra applied next week. Full front end, headlights removed, edges tucked. When he initially called me, he was just looking for someone to take care of his Porsche`s regularly and knew I lived in the area. His wife works with another customer of mine who referred me to them and told them I`m also in north Arlington. My customers two houses down (whose cars I`ve been taking care of since 1994) aren`t the ones who referred them to me... :lol

When I looked at the Porsche`s last week, it was cloudy and drizzly but today we had bright sunshine. And I could see that even though we`d scheduled for basic (1 step) exterior details, if he was going to clear bra the whole front end, the paint would need some serious correction. We talked it over and even though it was going to be more than the price we originally discussed, after he got a good look himself, he agreed. The rest of the car will be done at a later date but after seeing the difference, he definitely wants it done.

The third shot is most representative of how the hood, front fenders and bumper looked. Kind of hard to get good shots with the sun filtered through the trees in the first two pics.

The paint was very hard and the swirls and marring very deep so it took multiple compounding passes with Meguiars #105 and a wool pad using my G110 v2. The 5" Meguiars MF cutting pad was barely making a dent so wool to the rescue!

ONR wash, Opti-Raser Pink (mild) to clay

ONR and Optimum Power Clean cut 3:1 to clean wheels

Meguiars #105 using a white foamed wool pad and my Meguiars G110 v2 DA polisher

Optimum Hyper Polish using an Optimum MF cutting pad and G110

Optimum Opti-Seal

ONR wash and wax @ 32:1 to clean glass

Armor All to dress tires/fenderwells

The Cayenne on the other hand, was in great shape. Only had a few thousand miles and luckily the dealership didn`t trash it. Really impressed how quiet it is. From the driver`s seat, you`d never know it was a diesel. No clatter at all.

ONR wash, Opti-Raser Pink (mild) to clay

ONR and Optimum Power Clean cut 3:1 to clean wheels

Optimum Hyper Polish using an Optimum MF cutting pad and G110

Optimum Opti-Seal

ONR wash and wax @ 32:1 to clean glass

Armor All to dress tires/fenderwells

Still spring so still shadows, just not enough room to get the Cayenne into the full sun without moving his other cars all around.