Post Thanks / Like
    2013 Nissan Altima. Probably the last time I`ll do anything for this customer. I`ve been taking car of his cars more than 8 years now, but he and his wife have decided to move back to Michigan (they want to be close to their kids and grandchild) so hopefully he calls Dave Fermani as I suggested so his cars will still be well cared for. He has a 2013 Chevy Corvette 427 Convertible but obviously that won`t work out well during Michigan winters, so while his wife still works for Nissan, he decided to use her discount to buy a fully loaded (including the VQ35 V6 engine) Nissan Altima. In many ways, its nicer than the 2012 Maxima his wife has as a company car. The CVT works better too, stronger right off the line. Anyway, he is leaving in a couple of weeks so he had us come out and get the Corvette washed (transport company is picking it up next week I believe) and some protection on the Altima.

The car was in surprisingly good shape, he told the dealer not to detail it. Just some light marring and light scratches here and there. The paint color is a bit odd though, the name of it is graphite blue but it really doesn`t look blue, and the flake looks greenish. The only time it actually looked blue to me was when I was backing up to leave and I was looking at it through my window tint and polarized sun glasses!

ONR wash, Opti-Raser pink to clay

Optimum Hyper Polish using an Optimum MF cutting pad and my Meguiars G110 v2 DA polisher

Optimum Opti-Seal to protect

Armor All to dress tires/fenderwells

ONR wash and wax cut 32:1 to clean glass

----------------------

2007 BMW 328. I used to detail the owners burgundy 993 Carrera but he ended up selling the car, air cooled engines really don`t like Dallas traffic when its 105 degrees. This BMW is what he called a "two year car". Its basically something to tide him over a couple years until he gets what he really wants. So, it isn`t a car he`s in love with or is going to spend a ton of money on. He just wanted it cleaned up, shiny and protected. The Carfax was clean but it appears to have spend some time in a body shop, all the glass had overspray on it-clear coat overspray. I didn`t find any evidence the car had any repainting done, could have been in for a touch-up of some sort and got overspray on it that way. The hood has some water spotting in the concave sections on the sides of the hood, seems to be pretty common, see that a lot on E92s.

ONR Wash, Opti-Clay (managed to get hold of another bar!) on all the paint and glass

Optimum Hyper Compound using a 6" Meguiars MF cutting pad and my G110 on the hood and trunk lid

Optimum Hyper Polish using an Optimum MF cutting pad and my G110 on the whole car, including all glass

Optimum Opti-Seal to protect

Optimum Metal Polish to polish the exhaust tips

Armor All on tires/fenderwells

Woolite/water diluted 20:1 to clean the leather and vinyl

3D Carpet Shampoo diluted 16:1 to clean the carpets

Optimum Protectant Plus to dress leather and vinyl

Sorry the car isn`t all the way into the sun, the owner was out when I finished, he came back and had someone in the car waiting on him so when he backed it up so I could go over the wheels again, I wasn`t picky about where it ended up.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    2013 BMW X1. We Opti-Coated the owner`s Fisker Karma late last spring, he recently picked up this X1 as his daily driver and wanted us to Opti-Coat it as well. Overall it was in excellent shape for being jet black. Probably the least messed up one I`ve ever worked on. Just some stray light scratches and marring, one faint hologram on the rear passenger door. And since it has a soft clear coat, didn`t take much to remove what defect I could find.

ONR wash, Opti-Raser pink (mild) to clay

3D HD Polish (its water based so it plays well with OC) using an Optimum MF polishing pad and my Meguiars G110 V2

ONR wash

Optimum Coating applied to the paint and wheels

Armor All on the tires

I didn`t expect the sun to cooperate today so I did bring lights. Defects were so faint they really didn`t show so here are a couple afters.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    great job as usual scott! i like the redesign of the altima, not bad... :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job as usual!!! After the HD Polish did you need to do an IPA wipe down before the OC???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    great job as usual scott! i like the redesign of the altima, not bad... :up

I do too, interior is the biggest upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug
    Great job as usual!!! After the HD Polish did you need to do an IPA wipe down before the OC???

Since HD Polish is water based, I just do an ONR (regular version) wash like I do if I use Optimum`s polishes. With products like Meguiars #205 or 3M Ultrafina, you would definitely have to do more than just a wash.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    They look good guy`s! I like the lines on the Altima also. Shame that`s last time working on it.

Thread Information