Post Thanks / Like
    So I bought this car as a commuter when I lived 26 miles from work and school. Well, I moved closer (within 4 miles) a few months later, so this pretty much became a testing car! I have honed in my rotary skills on this to the point that there`s probably not much clear coat left on the hood/trunk, lol (oh well, whole car needs a repaint anyway). When I first got the car I polished it out with Meguiar`s UC and a Orange CCS pad on my PC 7424 (non-xp, that`s how long I`ve been in detailing!) That was the one and ONLY time I waxed it...which was with Meguiar`s Gold Class! I have a ton of stuff from years of hoarding. I think I actually bought this Gold Class wax back in 2007! And you know what, I got ripped off! I actually went to buy NXT, but some Walmartian switched the bottles (they came in boxes) and I was too lazy to return it (not to mention I would then look like a thief). Other than that, it sees drive-thru washes if it sees a wash at ALL. I have never cleaned the tires since that time, but I have sprayed them with some Hyper Dressing for apparently no reason. Wasting product I guess...

Well, now that I`m detailing as a business, I have to really lock in my times as I can`t detail like a hobbyist anymore and spend 5 hours on a Wash and Wax :der:. So I tested out how slow my "Exterior Detail" is. I actually got everything done in 2 hours, which I wasn`t expecting at all! Bla, bla, bla...sorry for typing too much, it`s almost 1am and I`m refusing to go to sleep.

Here`s what she looked like when I bought her...

I know it`s hard to believe...but this was after I drove it through the car wash and then bought it home. It looks dirty/dusty...but that`s just heavy oxidation :faint:

This is the trash that was left in the car...the only time I`ve ever had to use gloves to clean my car:

The wonderfulness they left me inside:

As you can see, instead of just cleaning the floor mats, they put those stupid plastic ones on top (see the dimples where they gripped/outline of what`s somewhat cleaner)

If you check out my YouTube page you can see I cleaned it with 3D APC, Folex and the Bissell LGM.

And after:

I actually went to sleep after I did this 50/50 and NEVER FINISHED IT. Lol, my seat still looks like this. I was going to fix it tonight, buuuut my Mytee is on strike. Gotta call Mytee tomorrow to figure out what I need, I got a Full Detail this coming Sunday, I am NOT using the LGM for that, lol.

The back seats...they`re clean now, no afters (unless you really want them :juggle

This car ate an entire clay bar like I eat Snicker`s bars...nom, nom, nom:

As usual, I am horrible at documenting my work. This 50/50 shows how the ENTIRE car looked before. I actually thought the car was a light green color...no joke:

This has nothing to do with detailing, but I`m posting it anyway. Since this car is top notch, I only use SUPER-Tech on it. I mean, with the word Super in it, it`s gotta be super good :nixweiss

Now, the paint was polished before, but if you read my mumbo-jumbo about how it gets washed, you`ll know there were swirls all over this sucker.

Process:

ONR Wash via Garry Dean 50 MF Towel Bucket Most Amazing $ Saving Gift To My Business. Cha-ching.

Speedy Prep Towel with ONR in QD dilution (I didn`t dry the car after the wash to save time/QD needed) I love ONR

HD Speed via Meguiar`s MF/Cutting Pad (uuuuum, if you haven`t tried that combo yet...ya should)

And, because I can, I threw on P21S Carnauba on 1/2 the car and Gold Class on the other side. I should just throw this wax away. It`s a PITA to apply and take off (when you compare it to the freggn oily butter that is P21S). My hands smell like Crayons.

If you can guess which side is which, I`ll call you a liar and give you this bottle of Gold Class (so I don`t feel bad for throwing it away).

209k miles and it looks better than 98% of cars I see daily that drive me NUTS since I got into detailing. Damn paradigm shifts...ignorance is bliss!

So, HD Speed and MF/Cutting Pad WORKED AWESOME. I`ve been using CCS White/Orange pads, but never got any good results with AIO`s and I was about ready to give up on them. I have a few MF Pads that have the inevitable separation going on, so I use them only for this car. Even with bad pads, the car still came out nice! HOWEVER, I won`t purchase HD Speed again once my bottle runs out. It`s cottage cheese nature has worked a number on my garage floor. I even asked Hulk to shake the bottle to make it creamy again. Well, Hulk mad, Hulk no likey this stuff either. Sticking to Poli-Seal for my AIOs (well, until this bottle runs out so I can justify trying GPS)

Even though yes, Speed did a good job, the clumping ruins it for me. Hulk had to keep squeezing to get the product out, which instead of pea sized dots I was using cherries. (Obviously I wiped off the extra product -- and then fed it to Hulk. I told him that since it was purple, it would taste like grapes. He`s an idiot, so he believed me).

Anyways, that was pretty boring and the high-quality camera that is my phone does it too much justice. Just a quick clean up of a car I`m actually getting rid of since I don`t commute anywhere but detailing jobs and school, which will soon be only a few miles away when I move in September.

I sold my M3 for a more "friendly" car (that was a such a stupid reason). I`ve hit a few panels, but never really took the time to sit down and polish it. This week I`m going to wet sand the crappy paint job they did for touch up work and then fully polish it out so Autopians can eat off it. I`m going to then top it with Nitro Seal :madgrin:

Post Thanks / Like
    Semper fi brother

Post Thanks / Like
    Quenga- Hey, I love beater-car details, nice job!

Now finish that 50/50 seat.

Heh heh, you say people oughta try the Speed/MF combo, but you`re not gonna use Speed any more because it was such a PIA :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great for a beater!

Haven`t had a clumping problem with HD Speed and it works well for me with the Optimum microfiber polishing pads. Cut seems to slot right between Poli-Seal (less aggressive) and G-P-S (more aggressive) so its a good product for me to have on hand.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review. And it should be known that even if your Speed has had separation issues, this doesn`t affect it`s performance. Shake it up (like you should with all other products) and keep on using it.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information