Post Thanks / Like
    This customer was a referral from my Optimum/Leather Master/MF towel distributor. He`d recently had some leather redying by Larry (my distributor and local ColorGlo rep) and Larry suggested he call me about detailing his cars. He had never had his cars detailed and I spent a good bit of time on the phone with him initially going over what I do differently than the local car wash does and how he himself takes care of his cars.

He decided to have the BMW detailed inside and out and the exterior of the Porsche detailed. The interior of the BMW was pretty dirty (but not trashed, just 8 years of accumulated grime) but the exterior overall was really good, very minimal swirls. The paint on the Porsche really needs a full correction but the owner opted to see what a good basic exterior would do, then see how he can maintain it before having it more deeply polished. I told him that just a single polishing step and wax would make a huge improvement in the depth of the paint.

ONR wash, Meguiars white clay

Optimum Hyper Polish using an orange Optimum cutting pad and my PC 7424XP

Optimum Opti-Seal on the 530

Clearkote Carnauba Moose on the Carrera

Armor All on tires/fenderwells/exterior trim

I must say I was pretty impressed at how OHP knocked down the pretty severe spider swirling on the Porsche and just as I had told the customer, the depth improvement was very noticeable. My customer really seemed pleased with how much less swirling there was in the paint. I went over with him about proper washing techniques and materials so hopefully he can maintain the paint and feel more confident in his ability to take care of the paint should he want me to take it to the next level. The interior of the 530 showed a huge improvement too. No pics, car was in the sun and getting interior pics with half the interior in the sun and half in the shade never works out. However, the owner commented on how clean the leather was and how much softer it felt.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

Always enjoy seeing your work. Top notch! Question - Is this the orange Optimum cutting pad you use so often?

Optimum Orange Foam Pad

Obviously, you like it quite a bit but can you give your thoughts on it? Have you ever compared it to the LC orange pads? I`ve had a lot of quality problems with LC orange pads (from various vendors) so I`m trying to find another orange cutting pad to use.

A few more questions...

Have you used the blue Optimum finishing pad?

What pad(s) do you use for your LSP`s (other than Opti-Seal)?

How come, AFAIK, you`ve never used OPP on leather?
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome work Scott!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mshu7
    Scott,

Always enjoy seeing your work. Top notch! Question - Is this the orange Optimum cutting pad you use so often?

Optimum Orange Foam Pad

Obviously, you like it quite a bit but can you give your thoughts on it? Have you ever compared it to the LC orange pads? I`ve had a lot of quality problems with LC orange pads (from various vendors) so I`m trying to find another orange cutting pad to use.

A few more questions...

Have you used the blue Optimum finishing pad?

What pad(s) do you use for your LSP`s (other than Opti-Seal)?

How come, AFAIK, you`ve never used OPP on leather?

Mike-yes, that is the pad. What I like best about it is how well the face of the pad holds up.

I have used the Optimum blue finishing pad. Very nice pad, super soft.

The only LSP I actually use a machine to apply is DP`s Poli-Coat since hand application doesn`t seem to spread it out thin enough (and a few areas always end up a bit caked on) and I use a red LC Hydro-Tech finishing pad. The blue Optimum pad is too soft for a rather thick LSP like Poli-Coat and feels really grabby otherwise that`s the pad I would use.

I use Leather Vital instead since OPP is a protectant and not a conditioner. Yes, I can use Vital and follow with OPP but it doesn`t seem necessary.

Thanks Thomas!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott - Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Thread Information