Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry if I am not allowed to past here, but here is what i did.

A single step paint correction on my dad`s daily driven car, the 03 Ford Taurus. Wanted to do a 2-3 step but for some reason it took me a long time to do it.

Dawn Dishwashing soap (he makes me put a coat of wax after every wash :lol so i had the dish washing soap to get rid it)

Sonax Wheel Cleaner

Megs Clay Bar kit

Megs105 + LC Yellow Pads(bumpers)

Poorboy`s SSR2 + LC Orange Pads( whole car)

Menzerna PowerLock + LC BluePad

Adams In n Out spray

AutoGlym wax ( will be applied tomorrow)

Pic time ( sorry not many before and no 50/50 pics) can someone tell me a tutorial on how to get 50/50 just couldnt catch the difference on camera.

Just before washing it,

Inside for air drying, claying and then went back for a rewash.

My dad just doesnt agree that i will do a good job for him so he has to do something :grinno:

Headlights after 2000,

After 105,SSR2,85rd

Tail lights before ( sorry for bad pic, i cant take the swirls in camera)

After 105,SSR2,85rd

After SSR2, waiting for final wash, before LSP

No beeding,

Trying to clean up every single gap.

After LSP ie PowerLock

I have some questions, that will be my next comment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Questions, I used SSR2 with Orange pad, and with Brinkman Xenon torch light i got a good effect and after 85rd i was happy with the test spot so I started working on the whole car. But the problem is here,

First of all the SSR2 did make the car shiny and remove oxidation and everything, it looks awesome but under good lighting (not even the sun) there are still swril marks,

The next thing is that it took me like 8 hours to do this 1 step job, i ended up not doing the 85rd step coz it was too late.

One more thing i want to ask is an alternative to the Adam`s InNOut spray coz it took me almost the whole can to do the trim on this car, im thinking of Aerospace 303, what you guys think?

BTW i was using a Megs G110v2

What did i do wrong or what i need to do the other time i do it, tips and suggestions on how to make it better since im a newbie.

Post Thanks / Like
    303 is a good alternative

the spray can is for places that you really can`t wipe, at least IMO. the can is pricey to use it as the main trim. you can also try stoners trim shine.

when i used ssr2, you have to get the right technique to break down the product right. i used it at speed 6 on the DA and worked it in a lot.

but imo, get a different polish.
    REFLECTIONS

Auto Detailing

"Not Just A Carwash"

Serving The Greater Houston Area

Post Thanks / Like
    What did your father think of the job?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohh he loved it, so much that for the first time ever he cleaned the garage after i was done. because he said i must have been tired

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGhanizad
    First of all the SSR2 did make the car shiny and remove oxidation and everything, it looks awesome but under good lighting (not even the sun) there are still swril marks, the next thing is that it took me like 8 hours to do this 1 step job, i ended up not doing the 85rd step coz it was too late.

SSR2 isn`t the most aggressive polish in the world, especially by today`s standards (not sure if you have the old blue/green version or the newer one, I only have the old). Since you spent a bit of time on the head and taillights, that shouldn`t need to be redone soon, if you tackle this or a similar car again I`d skip the SSR2 and just go with 105 on your orange pad, that ought to finish out well enough for you to go right to the PO85RD.

Ohh he loved it, so much that for the first time ever he cleaned the garage after i was done. because he said i must have been tired

Hey, that`s the most important thing! I`d say you did good, then.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^well with the brinkmans xenon loght i saw that the ssr2 (blue green one). + the 85rd was getting rid

Of the swrils. But once done with the ssr2 i pulled it out for the wash and in

Sun i could see swirls. So i guess i should have used the 105 and 85rd. I didnt use the 85rd on This one since i was out of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a_guerrajr
    303 is a good alternative

the spray can is for places that you really can`t wipe, at least IMO. the can is pricey to use it as the main trim. you can also try stoners trim shine.

when i used ssr2, you have to get the right technique to break down the product right. i used it at speed 6 on the DA and worked it in

but imo, get a different polish.

Thanksan, i will think about the trim thingy but ya the next time i do a detail i would use this as a second step coz it was agressive enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^well with the brinkmans xenon loght i saw that the ssr2 (blue green one). + the 85rd was getting rid

Of the swrils. But once done with the ssr2 i pulled it out for the wash and in

Sun i could see swirls. So i guess i should have used the 105 and 85rd. I didnt use the 85rd on This one since i was out of time.

Well, it may be, as a_guerrajr said, that you didn`t break down the SSR2 all the way, and had some marring from that, which the PO85RD took out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well ya that might be the problem that it didnt break properly but one thing i have to clearify is that i used the p85rd only when i was doing the test spot but changed my mind after done with the SSR2, because i was short of time.

BTW today I applied the last protectant which was the AutoGlym hd, not much difference when i look at it, only a bit shinier. but when i dropped some water on the fender, i was like . 100% water beeding, I told my dad that because of this you will have to pay me now, lol.

Thread Information