Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    *Disclaimer* I am a customer and not affiliated with the shop/installer.

Hey guys/gals - Picked up my Z today from MotoFX in Woodridge, IL.

I have to say I`m extremely happy with the results. There are two exceptions (one major). I`ll get to those later.

I`m not sure how the rules work with company info, so please PM me if you want to know what I paid and who did it.

I got the entire car covered. The Front bumper, entire hood, fenders, side mirrors, doors, rocker panels, roof, A-pillars, quarter panels, spoiler, rear hatch and rear bumpers. Boy that was a mouthful!

The shop where the owner does his work:

Overall shot at home: For those of you that know, you can`t see this stuff unless you look for "seams"

Plexus and a microfiber included in price:

Look how close they got to the emblem:

Again, look how close they got to the emblem:

Seam where spoiler meets hatch:

Seams where roof meets rear glass etc: I`ve included handy labels because even I get turned around

Seams where roof meets windshield etc: Including labels...

Turn signal: Perfect circles cut from a plotter...

Where the bumper meets the fender:

Where the top of the bumper meets the start of the hood: - This is the major exception to my 100% happiness with the install. Not sure if you can tell from the picture...but when the installer cut the plastic, he cut INTO the paint!!!! This is a big deal...the whole reason I went to them was to "protect" the paint. I`m sure you can feel my disappointment.

The "door shut" as brits say...or where the rocker wraps into the interior: I was very happy with this attention to detail. Now any scuffs incurred by my shoes will be averted...cool!

Passenger door: If you could see the job a different (much cheaper) installer did on my wife`s car...you`d appreciate just how close these seams are!

Spoiler meets hatch: I was happy with how high they put this piece.

My second bummer (minor): I was under the impression this portion of the paint would be covered. If you think I`m being picky, please understand I`m trying to protect the paint from rocks, tar, etc. This is one of the most vulnerable parts of the car - can anyone say burnouts?

There`s no film past the red line.

Rear bumper detail: Was way excited that they covered this much. I can now install the rear plate without worrying about it rubbing/scratching the paint. Can anyone say OCD?

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you seen DetailersDomain`s clearbras, they do a much better job. but they locate in NJ

Post Thanks / Like
    ehhh, I hope you didn`t pay too much.

Its tough to find capable installers and location is always a problem, check out this thread.Poorly Installed Clear Bra - Why Installer is So Important - Page 4 - Luxury4Play.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OverTimeDetail
    Have you seen DetailersDomain`s clearbras, they do a much better job. but they locate in NJ

No, never have. But as you implied, that wouldn`t have applied to me. I feel based on my research that this installer was tied for best.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like you practically covered the whole car in that stuff! Don`t take this the wrong way, but why did you put it on so much of the car? That`s like a slap in the face to the paint!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by youngbro401
    It looks like you practically covered the whole car in that stuff! Don`t take this the wrong way, but why did you put it on so much of the car? That`s like a slap in the face to the paint!

I don`t take offense. But I thought if anyone would understand...it`d be my autopian peers

Honestly, I did it because for the life of the film (3, 5, 7 years) I don`t have to worry about rocks, belt buckles or purses of passing people at parking lots, bird bombs (although still will have to remove promptly), light parallel parking "kisses" and wash induced marring.

Oh, that and I`m a little crazy!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is still pretty good. When I lived in San Diego there were two shops there that were the best I have ever seen. I have always wanted to see how hard it is to put one on..... and whether or not to offer it at our shop. I don`t like where they cut into the paint though.... thats bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, what are you going to do about the scratch? Make them pay for paint and redo? Did you sign some disclaimer? I`m all for protection, but this is a little excessive IMO. If you`re that scared to drive/have a new car, buy a used one as 1/2 price.

Post Thanks / Like
    i understand where your coming from, did all that clear bra add any orange peel look to the car? If not thats awesome. I have a black car so all the extra orange peel and the lines would drive me more crazy than having swirls and stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s awesome. When you remove it in 7 years or so, you will pretty much have a brand new car (minus the bumper cut).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by black03mach
    i understand where your coming from, did all that clear bra add any orange peel look to the car? If not thats awesome. I have a black car so all the extra orange peel and the lines would drive me more crazy than having swirls and stuff.

No added orange peel. He used Ventureshield...which has more "lines" than orange peel. I`ll have to take a better reflection picture when the sun comes out to show you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shake
    That`s awesome. When you remove it in 7 years or so, you will pretty much have a brand new car (minus the bumper cut).

That`s what I`m thinking. It should be beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    question, how do you maintain it? Do you wash, polish, and seal like a regular car? Or do you only use that aerosol can that you showed above? How often will it have to be polished, etc?

Post Thanks / Like
    From the looks of a lot of the edges I was going to say it looks like they were cutting on your car and that was even before I saw where they cut the paint. Chances are when you remove the bra you are going to find additional spots. Sorry, didn`t mean to make you feel worst. Not a very good job.

I am having my car done as we speak and my guy does seams they match up perfect and cannot be seen unless looking real hard.

Post Thanks / Like
    The paint won`t fade where it`s not covered? Why didnt you ask them to add some where you were concerned about under the tires (the burn-outs)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information