Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    2005 BMW M3. Owner recently purchased the car and wanted it properly detailed. When I saw it, I knew why. Lots of mostly light buffer trails all over the car. The car also had light spider swirls.

The e-mail from the owner conveyed a price concern (in addition to the M3, he and his wife just bought a new house) so a 2 step rotary detail fit in his budget. My concern was that I`d have no problem removing the holograms but spider swirls are more stubborn. I knew I wasn`t going to get the car perfect but I also wanted to make sure it looked as good as possible for what he was paying without me doing free work.

I did a couple test sections with Meguiars #205 using a yellow Meguiars polishing pad @ 1500 (finishing at 1000 rpms and light pressure) and was suprised to see not only that it was easily removing the holograms but doing a really good job on the spider swirls as well. Not only that, but the paint baking in near 100 degree temperatures in the full sun wasn`t making anything reappear. After #205, I switched to 3M Ultrafine Machine Polish and a blue Ultrafina pad at 1000-1800-1000 rpms.

After an ONR wash to remove the light dusting from the polishing steps, I sealed the paint with Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome Job, Love that color and car!

Post Thanks / Like
    2009 BMW X6. Owner traded in his BMW 650i and actually reduced his monthly payments. I`ll miss the 650 when it comes to cleaning the outside (he has me out once a month) but I won`t miss trying to clean the back window in that damn thing.

The owner specifically requested no prep beyond a wash and no dealer emblem. It appeared the dealer did a good job washing, didn`t see any wash induced marring or swirls but on the right rear C pillar, part of the hood and the right front fender, there were rotary holograms. The owner had left to run some errands so I took some pics with my camera phone and sent them to him, which he forwarded to his saleman at the dealership. He called me about 30 minutes later and said the salesman said the swirls must have come from spot buffing at the factory. The original plan was just to wax the X6 but the owner said to take out the swirls too.

Before

Meguiars #205, Meguiars yellow polishing pad @ 1500-1000 rpms, 3M Ultrafine, 3M Ultrafina pad @ 1000-1800-1000 rpms

I also had his wife`s ML500 to do a light polish (#205 via G110) so by the time I got both polished and sealed with Optimum Opti-Seal, the lighting in the owner`s driveway was less than ideal so the afters aren`t that great.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    2006 Cadillac CTS. Finally! Something without buffer trails all over it. In fact, the paint was in excellent shape. Interior was cleaned with Woolite/water for the leather and vinyl and BioKleen Traffic Lane Cleaner on the carpets and fabric. Leather dressed with Leather Master`s Leather Vital and vinyl with Optimum Protectant Plus.

After washing with ONR and claying with Meguiars white clay, I polished the paint with Optimum Polish II using a yellow Meguiars polishing pad and my G110 and sealed with Opti-Seal. Sure was nice to have an easy one!

Got flake?

Really hard to get a sun shot on silver metallic but the car was pretty much 100% swirl free. The owner seems to do an excellent job washing it.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic work Scott!
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    great work as always scott! i loved the metallic in the bmw! good job man
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    The colors are outstanding on the X6 and the M3. (the CTS is pretty norm LOL) great work scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Tires have too much sheen for my taste, but the interlagos blue on the zcp m3 came out great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome jobs Scott

Morgan
    Post Thanks / Like
    M105 and/or 205 with Ultrafina is such a knock out combination, they go together like peas and carrots.

Nice details, Scottwax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott, what kind of duribilty are you getting out of your applications of Opti-Seal?? I just purchased some and applied it to the wifes 09 Ford Fusion..how does it compare to DG601-105 combo??
    Fergy-

Your only as good as your last detail

Post Thanks / Like
    not a fan of the x6... but WOW u make it look good
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work Scott. I`m impressed with the results you achieved with 205 on that M3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome work Scott... that M3 is beautiful!

I was curious... you said you dressed the leather with the Vital, I always thought that the Vital was to be used on leather that had already seen some wear and needed some help.

I use the protection cream to dress mine usually, but should I go with the Vital instead?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job Scott!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information