Post Thanks / Like
    After my detail, here are the results....

Detail thread.....

http://forums.carolinaeuros.com/index.php?...amp;#entry55283

I still need to fine tune the rotary b/c there are still some scratches left to get it out but it got 90% of them

Post Thanks / Like
    Travis FTW

Looking great with those wheels!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice....What products did you use??

Looks great for a first time rotary user..
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks great. Makes me somewhat less afraid of machine polishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! LOOKS GREAT!!!!!

I love that car!

That is the EXACT car i want to have in another year. Laguna Seca blue is a great color! But my dad would kill me having to look at that car every day.
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the compliments guys. I had a PC for a little over a year so I kinda new how to operate the rotary.

I used the System One polish with an Orange CCS pad then one pass with a White CCS Pad.

After the polish I finished up with two passes of Z2/Z5 combo. Finished that off with Z8 spray. Oh and the tires have the Z16 tire dressing on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job Travis!

Another +1 for X3 and first time rotary users! This stuff works!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you`ve got the fundamentals down really well. Try the same process with a blue or black pad and you`ll be amazed how much better the gloss is.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! :2thumbs:

Quote Originally Posted by themightytimmah
    Looks like you`ve got the fundamentals down really well. Try the same process with a blue or black pad and you`ll be amazed how much better the gloss is.
    Hmmm, I`ll have to try that myself.
    Lenny

"Still plays with cars."
    `10 Mercedes GL550/`04 BMW 545/`98 Mercedes ML320/`99 BMW 323/`87 VW GTI (race)

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks pretty good to me! Love that color too.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work. And BMW clear is one of the harder clears to work on in my opinion...sometimes they like the grip the buffer pad and cause a little more friction than normal, thus making it a bit more difficult to buff without halograms/swirls...you just have to finish off with a little softer combination (pressure, speed, pad, poduct) than your otherwise would with a given color. Also, the lack of metallic in your color makes it sensantive to showing swirls/scratches...more so than a darker blue with metallic.

Regarding your self-proclaimed need to fine-tune your results, possibly you just need to polish more to get all the swirls out (unless you are saying you left buffer swirls in the paint). I personally like the white CCS pad more than the orange...so I`d polish as much as necessary with the white to remove the scratches, using as much speed and pressure as you are comfortable with, and then follow up with a softer pad (like the CCS Gray) to remove the remaining trace buffer swirls. And get some PO106FF (or the Blackfire equivalent).

Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Travsm3
    Thanks for the compliments guys. I had a PC for a little over a year so I kinda new how to operate the rotary.

I used the System One polish with an Orange CCS pad then one pass with a White CCS Pad.

After the polish I finished up with two passes of Z2/Z5 combo. Finished that off with Z8 spray. Oh and the tires have the Z16 tire dressing on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    And don`t forget to tape that door ding strip, and your door handles if you are using the orange pad - the unlubed side/edge of an orange pad, or even a white pad for that matter, can strip/bur paint off when under speed...so I always recommend taping anything that can come into contact with the side of the buffer (i.e. mirrors, flared fenders, door handles, etc.).

Post Thanks / Like
    nice job! what did you use on those tires?!?! looks WETTTT
    Scheer Signature Detailing

Miami, FL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RAG
    Nice work. And BMW clear is one of the harder clears to work on in my opinion...sometimes they like the grip the buffer pad and cause a little more friction than normal, thus making it a bit more difficult to buff without halograms/swirls...you just have to finish off with a little softer combination (pressure, speed, pad, poduct) than your otherwise would with a given color. Also, the lack of metallic in your color makes it sensantive to showing swirls/scratches...more so than a darker blue with metallic.

Regarding your self-proclaimed need to fine-tune your results, possibly you just need to polish more to get all the swirls out (unless you are saying you left buffer swirls in the paint). I personally like the white CCS pad more than the orange...so I`d polish as much as necessary with the white to remove the scratches, using as much speed and pressure as you are comfortable with, and then follow up with a softer pad (like the CCS Gray) to remove the remaining trace buffer swirls. And get some PO106FF (or the Blackfire equivalent).

Nice work.

Thank you, yeah I think if I had not been so tired and had more daylight I would have done one more pass with the white pad and eliminated the swirls that remained. All in all the BMW paint I had heard is one of the hardest to correct and this is my second bimmer and will agree.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ScheerSpeed
    nice job! what did you use on those tires?!?! looks WETTTT

Zaino Z16 - and what you see in the pictures is the day after I did the detail. I love that tire dressing.

Thread Information