Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    This picture is strait out of my camera.

Notice it looks like you are looking out a window at home.

Now this one I have made some small adjustments.

You can see how the contrast has been increased to make it look better or it may hide some of the imperfections.

That is why if you ever see a high contrast shot you may not be seeing the whole picture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Umm, where did this come from???

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this not the place to post car photography?

The section discription is "Come show us your car. We love to see the end result of fine detail. For showoffs and car photographers only!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JDookie
    Umm, where did this come from???

He thinks I PS my pictures. Mentioned in my thread with all the black cars.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some great unretouched pics of my old car where it looks great! Can`t see any of the hail dents, bird crap pits, etc. That`s why I put no stock in pictures (unless they are halogen/swirl pics).

I don`t need to look at Scott`s C&B`s or ponder whether the images are "doctored" to know that the cars he does look good...all I have to do is look at his repeat customer list.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can tell the second picture has way too much contrast anyways. You can tell the sun is setting in the pictures because you can see the sun setting in the doors/fenders. So its hard to believe a pic that has a sunset in it and then the sun on the trees in the background shining likes its noon out.

Also, you know you can adjust contrast, and white balance just from the camera? No need to do it photoshop.

I`ll keep some comments to myself. Uh well we all know the people that get accused of altering their pictures do amazing work anyways and have consistent repeat customers. :woot:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed6 Guy
    Is this not the place to post car photography?

The section discription is "Come show us your car. We love to see the end result of fine detail. For showoffs and car photographers only!"

I didn`t ask why this thread was placed in the C&B forum, I asked where it came from. You *do* realize that a personal attack against another member is against forum rules, right? So, I ask, is this an attack against another member??

Post Thanks / Like
    wow this is interesting
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    So what`s the point Speed6Guy?
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the retouched photo thing is funny. See, there are so many factors involved when taking photos of cars, especially considering most of us are detailers first and photographers like....50th, that it becomes impossible to know if something was played with. On top of that, someone that is *good* with photoshop can make a photo look better and leave no real evidence of the tampering. In the photo above it`s clear contrast was increased - but with a little highlighting and shadowing you would never know. I suppose since I know this I must be photoshopping pictures right now?

Add to that the fact that taking a photo of a black car in the sun is incredibly difficult to do without overexposing. Yet ANOTHER consideration is that when you have guys doing this professionally, there is *nothing* to gain from playing with photos. The customer is going to see it in person, and if s/he isn`t happy all the photoshoppery in the world won`t make a lick of difference.

Basically what you have is a whole lot of supposition. So the bottom line is use your best judgment, which is usually the bottom line in cases like this; but remember, as much as you might know about photography or photoshop, someone always knows more than you.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand fixing the shutter and such things to alter during a lot of sun in the pics. But if you got to alter the pics to make the cars themselves look better. Why post them then?

I know people do certain things like +/- exposure and a bunch of other stuff to rid of the glare and such things of the sun/night. Uh well. :werd:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    I don`t need to look at Scott`s C&B`s or ponder whether the images are "doctored" to know that the cars he does look good...all I have to do is look at his repeat customer list.

agreed ^, and these kinds of threads are what start...:argue

Post Thanks / Like
    just jealous he cant do as well at ScottWax. Scotts stuff is true baddazz stuff
    2018 F-150 "Limited"
    2008 BMW 335IX

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeWinLDS

No problem at all. Just that the word problem is spelled wrong. That`s all.:laugh:

I couldn`t decide which one was the joke. The ship capsizing or the word "problem" spelled wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information