Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    People always ask me "Why should I pay you that much to detail my car when I can go down the street and just as good a hand wash for less than half that price?" My answer is that I contend that auto details performed by Autopians are just better at (you guessed it) the "details".

This lady wanted her 2005 Solara "just cleaned up" and didn`t want to pay for any paint correction. So, she got my basic detail package (just chemical/oxidation cleaner and LSP, no swirl removal,etc.) which I believe is still better than the quickie $25 hand wash down the street.

BTW....she was so impressed by the way her car looked she gladly wrote a check when I told her the amount. She even mentioned bringing in back every month to keep it looking so great. She was also impressed that I offered/applied a fabric protection treatment to her convertible top since the car wash down the street didn`t offer that service.

So sell your services as "more than a car wash" and your customers might just agree.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great for just what she wanted, that really looks clean!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice for a super quickie

What chem/ox cleaner and lsp?

Quote Originally Posted by smprince1
    People always ask me "Why should I pay you that much to detail my car when I can go down the street and just as good a hand wash for less than half that price?" My answer is that I contend that auto details performed by Autopians are just better at (you guessed it) the "details".

This lady wanted her 2005 Solara "just cleaned up" and didn`t want to pay for any paint correction. So, she got my basic detail package (just chemical/oxidation cleaner and LSP, no swirl removal,etc.) which I believe is still better than the quickie $25 hand wash down the street.

BTW....she was so impressed by the way her car looked she gladly wrote a check when I told her the amount. She even mentioned bringing in back every month to keep it looking so great. She was also impressed that I offered/applied a fabric protection treatment to her convertible top since the car wash down the street didn`t offer that service.

So sell your services as "more than a car wash" and your customers might just agree.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCity
    Nice for a super quickie

What chem/ox cleaner and lsp?

Prime applied via PC/LC white/speed 4 and then AJT.

But for white I`ve found the biggest WOW is to really spend your time on the cleaning portion.

I used PB`s Bug Squash and Tarminator where appropriate, and then clayed. That was the biggest before/after change. After a thorough cleaning a quick polish via PC took probably 20-30 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have that problem around here alot. I did get a call from a guy that just bought a brand new truck and suv and I`m going to detail them tomorrow. I actually talked to the guy on the phone for about 10 minutes and explained some of the things that I do when I clean one up. Finally I get someone that actually wants things done right instead of settling for that $25 swirl wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinD
    Looks great for just what she wanted, that really looks clean!

Thanks, and that`s exaclty my point. The tunnel wash or other "hand wash" places don`t get these stubborn areas clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that is the way to establish your business! Once you get a few former cheapies to pop for even a quick detail, they are going to see the difference they get for more money. Pretty soon, they can`t live without you detailing their cars regularly, plus they will be bragging to their friends how great your detailing is.

Really nice work, very wet looking paint.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job man!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job, great before and after pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Car looks nice. The customer of the car is typical of most of the customers I`ve cleaned cars for. Those getting details just want it cleaned up and shine some. Someone mentioned the $25 swirl wash. Price and quality don`t always go hand in hand. A good car washer or detailer will do quality safe work regardless of the package the customer chooses or the amount of money they spend. A lousy detailer or car washer will do crappy work regardless of the money they get paid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaRO
    A good car washer or detailer will do quality safe work regardless of the package the customer chooses or the amount of money they spend.

One problem I have is fighting the urge to do more than what has been paid for .... for example I hate leaving a car with swirls/blemishes even when the customer doesn`t want that done. But, I am learning to do just that even though it is hard for me.... :ignore

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smprince1
    One problem I have is fighting the urge to do more than what has been paid for .... for example I hate leaving a car with swirls/blemishes even when the customer doesn`t want that done. But, I am learning to do just that even though it is hard for me.... :ignore

Ditto on that one.....it just doesn`t seem right to not finish it out. I`ll be honest......on my vehicles I spend alot more time than I should doing nit picky detail work.

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome work..... I bet she was very pleased.....I would have been.

I know you said 20-30 minutes for the polish, but about how long did the entire job take?
    2012 Subaru Forester

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shelpdoggSVT
    awesome work..... I bet she was very pleased.....I would have been.

I know you said 20-30 minutes for the polish, but about how long did the entire job take?

Here is what this car got in my basic exterior detail package:

Wheels/tires hand cleaned with brushes

(this alone probably took 30 minutes)

Pre-treat with PB`s Bug Squash

Hand washing Megs Gold Class

Rinse

Tarminator where needed

Claying

Wash to remove residue

Dry

(this probably took 75 minutes due to the extent of the bugs, tar, etc.)

Wipe down door jams

Clean glass

Apply tire dressing

(this probably took 20 minutes)

Prime applied via PC

(this probably took 30 minutes, add 5 more to apply AJT)

Apply 303 Fabric Guard to convertible top

(this probably took 20 minutes)

A few little details here and there to get all the nooks/crannies, etc.

So....probably around 3 hours just for the exterior.

I`m not the fastest, but I try to be thorough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent work my friend. That would have taken me much longer. For some reason, I am very slow.....not sure if I spend too much time being picky, but I need to pick up speed for sure.

Again....nice work.
    2012 Subaru Forester

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information